The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

incognito

Fuk u kangaroo!!!

U know my nice shiny red rexy?

No more... Written off

Was doing 80ks an hour through a known too area (speed limit 110) I get up extra early to accommodate this slow speed so I still et to work early... Extra vigilant.

This morning- fog

An AT LEAST 7ft roo jumped from behind a tree straight into the front left hand side of my car, smashing the front and twisting the chassis.

Ah well rexy, we had some good times, you where a beautiful car. R.i.p roo and hen I see u in hell I'm kicking u right in the goolies. BwaaaaaaaaAaAaaaa :.( :.( :.(

I fuken loved that car

Poor bugger

Atleast Roo got his due :devil:

Not even :( I can't blame the roo, just ran down my odds. Though im still gonna duke it out with him in the after life for being a stupid asshole. Lucky I wasn't doing 110 I could have died as well.

We had cars written off all the time on the island I used to live on, and that was just from small wallabies. Yr lucky a 7ft kangaroo didn't come thru the windscreen nd end up killing you.

Glad you're still alive mate, poor car!!!

My condolences man.. I know you loved your wrexy.
Far out though Incog, thats a little freaky though considering we were talking about that very thing only yesterday!

Welcome to my life lol

I'm glad you are safe Incognito. sorry about the car. :(

I know the feeling. I see at least 4 roos driving too and from work every morning, here down south. Doing 80km/h in a 110km/h zone is a must if you have no bullbar. Sorry about the car though. Hopefully it was insured?

That's the saddest part of this tale :( yeah mate for the past two years I've come within a bees dick of countless roos and around 5 deer, I played down the odds.

have you tried using the sonic radar thing always wondered if they worked

incog did he have a look in his eye "like enjoy your diner and fur rug dude" as long as its fresh road kill

its quite tastey

also if its a wreck can you salvage the turbo waste gate etc , seats and rims then get a impreza and mod it

Wohoo, insurance money! glad your alright though your prolly better off without that drug dealer/gangster car.

It wAs fucking hot. And fun.

Sucks to hear about your car! :( Reminds me of when I was camping on new years up near port maquarie and dad was riding a bike with a carton of tooheys on the hangers and had a roo jump out in front of him and hit the front wheel. He ended up face planting the road and he lost a few beers. As much as it woulda hurt I couldn't stop laughing :lol:

Bigred, I saw one at a camping shop on time and thought that if they worked they'd be neat little devices. There was a study done by Melbourne uni that showed that in their tests the devices were ineffective. It's probably just as effective screaming at the roo telling them to get the fuck outa the way.

poor roo

I concur. Wasn't his fault.

The roo shoos are a marketing gimmick.

Even if the roo shoos do work there is also the problem of emus, down this way anyway. I quickly learnt that if you see one roo cross the road there is ALWAYS another following behind.

when i go in town i have a problem with people on the road :wacko:

when i go in town i have a problem with people on the road :wacko:

Then stop drinking so much....just sayin. :wink:

Then stop drinking so much....just sayin. :wink:

shit i went to court 2day and the cops said i was driving on the footpath?? :blink: my bad<>

That's number 2 bullit ;)

roo shoos work a bit and stop a few comitting suicide, but thats coming from the island of eternal roadkill....

Alerts them to you coming, but they still have no road sense.....

They dont work on deer at all though, have a twisted ute to prove that...lol....making a road pizza out of one of these is not a pretty sight.

my friends dad has those roo shoos on his ute and he says they work, but im not too sure

Ah okay my workmates mum wrote her car off on a roo with the said roo shoo on her bonnet. Once I get my rexy back from the panel beaters (needs new front end, bonnet, radiator support and some panel beating on front left hand side panel) I will get one of those imprezza bumper bars (not that that would of helped) and a roo shoo.

Could have been much worse the Subaru mechanic said, and I was very lucky, all the motor was untouched, only damage was the radiator hose being cut by the fan belt. A harder hit would've driven the radiator into the motor making things VERY expensive.

Got myself a mad old

Ford ute now for 800 buks! Sooooo comfy!!

And it has a roo bar mwoo harr harr!

Shittest thing though about this ordeal is I let my car insurance lapse 6 months ago, so it's all coming out of my

Own sky rocket :.(

Looking at around 4-5 k. And I'm gonna get her painted black this time :) back in black!

So if anyone here is rich and wants to give me 6k to get my boy toy back on the road I would really appreciate it :)