The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Giant pumpkin contest!!

Wow. Well the only reason I put my pumpkin patch where it was, was because I thought my old man would have a shit if I dug it where I wanted to , in the lawn area in a spot that gets full sun. My dad is guarentor on my place and well u gotta know my old man- it's basically his place until I pay the 33k to the bank to release him from the contract. Even

My sister said "whatever u do don't dig up the lawn- dad will lose his shit" henceforth I was stuck digging it into that hard packed gravel. I got to tea tonight with the olds and sad goes" you realise you dug ur veg garden into road base" and I said that was my only alternative as I didn't want people whinging I've dug up the lawn." To which he replied he couldn't care less- but came with a few conditions I had to put it exactly where he wanted it (which was where I wanted it anyway) and he could put in a railway sleeper border (retired and very bored cranky old nutbag) sooooo looks like I will be digging a new plot after all. I will be late, but ill still sow my seeds first of September in pots. His actual words where "you couldn't grow a Bathurst burr in that vegetable garden" whole afternoon, a tank of petrol wasted and a fuken evil blister that makes me look like I've masturbated 48 hours straight (so I've been told numerous times by my workmates) all for nothing !!!! For just once I'd like my life to go smoothly and as planned! EVERYTHING is a shitfight, nothing EVER comes easy- why must everyone and everything in this universe conspire against me? It's a fugen conspiracy I found out what it was once on salvia and it was really really funny for some reason I've entered this dimension to be fucked with it was a really poor decision by my spirit.

Point being bugger yas all someone's probably gonna beat me but I'm gonna try lol that's what life is all about- philosophy of incognito- a dude that really fuken tries.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2

I'm going to see the local priest 2moro to have my pumpkin patch blessed, I'm gunna hit him up for some holy water too!

holy_pumpkin.jpg

• Like 2

^ Life tastes so much better with a squirt of blood, a splash of sweat and a generous sprinkling of tears...

Edit: And a giant pumpkin to gloat over!

Edited by IndianDreaming
  • Like 1

I'm going to see the local priest 2moro to have my pumpkin patch blessed, I'm gunna hit him up for some holy water too!

holy_pumpkin.jpg

Pumpkin growin is hillbilly territory, i dont think god will be of any help to ya

• Like 2

this is going to be me but with a pumpkin

thumb-50ef895843f3e.jpg

How will we tell the difference between you and the pumpkin :P Ranga...oops can I say that :)

• Like 2

i was thinking of using a green house and just let it go feral in there or would it be best to let it grow and then

build a green house over the pumpkin

i can send you some super growing vibes incog . there is no better kind

Not sure Red never grown a pumpkin, in the pumpkin docos they put a cover over the pumpkin once it has started to grow and it doesn't go feral but more like a x-mas tree

I heard god will be sitting this one out :devil:

• Like 1

Can you feel it? It's almost time to sow folks :)

Oi Hillbilly enjoy the last hours of your reign :)

• Like 2

i have been blasting my seeds with survivor- eye of the tiger turned up to eleven for the last couple of weeks. Theyre ready and so am i

• Like 3

Waterboy created an un-mendable rift in the time-space continuum when he used the word 'cloche' ;)

• Like 2

i have been putting my seeds on my forehead and chanting positive vibes into them .

is the best way to sprout them in pots them plant them out or just plant them straight into

the patch

• Like 1

Looking forward to sowing for contest! Best of luck everyone and thanks hillbilly for seeds :)

There are few tricks to growing good pumpkins.

Peter Cundall who was the previous host from Gardening Australia used to get amazing results by doing a few things.

Prepare soil with sheep shit, blood and bone and lime (lime is not just for PH it supplies calcium for healthy stems & flowers, improves the soils C.E.C. and helps prevent blossom end rot) in high PH soil cut down on the lime. Only use dolomite if a soil test indicates you need magnesium.

Grow the vines in close proximity to sweet corn or maize - these two types of plants have a synergy that has to be seen to understand. The corn provides semi shade and keeps the humidity levels up for good pollination.

Tip the growing tip of the vines when they are 3-4 feet long, this will give you more branches that will produce the male flowers you need to pollinate the female flowers.

Select the best fruit soon after the early stages of development & then remove all others so the plants energy gets channeled into one fruit.

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 3

post-8023-0-21887300-1377922001_thumb.jp

Bog 'n cloche!

..Now, lets see if great things really do grow in small patches..

- merkaba crystalline grid installed

- seeds blessed

I think i'm as ready as i'll ever be :P

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

coffee and ciggie in the morn, then I will commence the complex physiological process triggered by imbibition of water to my cries of joy..... "It's alive...."

Bog 'n cloche!

:wink:

• Like 2