The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Giant pumpkin contest!!

When's the planting date? With all this smack talk, how could I resist joining the challenge. B)

Edited by Justler
  • Like 2

Busting my bunghole trying to turn decomposed granite into a pumpkin patch :0 better late than never! Fuk you hillbilly u twat!!

(I have a herb and veg market gardener on my side- the virtual yoda of pumpkin growing)

Edited by incognito
  • Like 4

i have learned, through hillbilly zen, to work with nature rather than against it.

With that in mind and looking at your patch, i think maybe you should build sand castles rather than grow pumpkins LOL.

bucket_and_spade.jpg

• Like 8

When's the planting date? With all this smack talk, how could I resist joining the challenge. B)

1st day of spring mate, so not long now

• Like 1

Your goin down for that one hillbilly. I'm no longer fuken around.

• Like 3

can anyone spare a few good seed would really love to get in on this

• Like 2

Wooooo :) go Bigred

Hmm I might sign up. No rain here till Jan though so Im at a bit of a disadvantage, Ill try anyway :)

fck HB is going all out.... making me think that I am gunna have to smash up a bit more clay :huh: .

Justler and Bigred I can probably rustle a seed or two each then I am tapped out. PM me if ya need sorting.

Thanks for the offer waterboy, but I'm all sorted. I just purchased 25 from ebay, so if anybody needs some let me know. Happy to spread the love!

PM me BigRed if you want a few more seeds to play with.

Hopefully they arrive before the 1st!

Edited by Justler
  • Like 1

Anybody after some seed pm me, I'll send ALL seed out on tue, just pm me ur address do t want nothin in return got heaps that will go to waste otherwise. I admit my soil is shithouse- just broken down granite really with a splashing of red soil, but have got a whole feedlot worth of cowshit to mix into it. I can't post a pic here maybe hb or Ceres can copy paste in from facie.

I'm still giving myself a good chance, as long as I beat hillbilly I don't care.

• Like 3

Heres Incognito's lovely sandpit.. Errr i mean... Pumpkpinheadpatch ;)

post-8023-0-72990600-1377420651_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Basically broken down rotten granite :/ it's all I got to work with :( gonna mix in some shat on by many sheep hay, cow and horse poo and see how I go.ps the granite pit is four times that size now. Might order in some worms to go with all the shite and hay. I have anodynes mycelial juice stuff??? As well. I Am very much offended at being called a pumpkinpinhead so I will add your sheep lovin ass to my must be beatens.

• Like 1

Aww :( thort i was being helpful so i could sneak that one in and you wouldnt notice.. I was going to write pumpking patch i swear.

I'm sure it will be sweet as with copious amounts of poop and hay. Consider it like a no-dig garden and just add as much organic matter as you can gather.

Check this out: http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s867068.htm

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

^^^thats obscene , get some shit into it ...its gunna be hungry

Bro in law just got off to phone to the feedlot a case of xxxx gold (u would bot believe what a case of xxxx gold will get you our here) will get me a trailer of broken down cow shit. Dad has these hay bale feeder thingys in his paddock which spills hay out on the ground that the sheep trample on and poo and pee all over when they are feeding I'm gonna get that tomorrow as well as rotary how in some bags of blood and bone and dynamic lifter. That's the plan it aint easy to have a Full time job and be a pumpkins farmer as well!!!

Working full time moving into a new house AND growing in granite and I'm still gonna kick all your asses this will certainly be a sweet victory. Feeling confident :)

Ps

Is Melissa king still with gardening Australia ? I would loved to have planted her carrots!!

Edited by incognito
  • Like 4

Lol, man i'm a freak,

I actually couldnt sleep last night because i was thinking so intently about soil quality, fertilisers, and of course, pumpkins ..pumpkins..and more pumpkins :o

• Like 3

can we use PGR's and chemical nutes and maybe a category for organics

or is it may the best grower win

• Like 1

How do you vote on a thread ????

Pumpking (notice spelling) contest terms and conditions!

1) no breaking any state or federal laws, but all other pumpkin dopeing, genetic modification, steroids, radioactive laser beams, harrp machines, fetilisers, etc. etc, is ok

2) seeds must be sewed 1st september or later, no soaking before this time.

3) you must grow the pumpkin, not your mum, dad, uncle bob etc,

4) to have a valid entry, you must post picture updates.

It is may the best grower win indeed Bigred. I can tell already you're going to be a fearsome competitor.

• Like 3

How do you vote on a thread ????

I think only 'trusted members' can do that. ( 3000 post count)

• Like 1

If its not covered by the rules Bigred its fair game ....lol....best grower with a lot of luck is gunna win

The last of fat seeds heading your way tomorrow morn red.

• Like 2

im keen as mustard I live in a unit so i going to plant mine down the church . So look out mines growing on holy ground

and canna

• Like 1

this is going to be me but with a pumpkin

thumb-50ef895843f3e.jpg

Edited by Bigred
  • Like 2

pfft Canna, im using soundwaves from the banjo as fertilizer.

Chicks dig guitars, pumpkins dig banjos.

• Like 4