The Corroboree
naja naja

Psycho0 X Yowie

Heres a few pics of 2 diff seedlings. Both hare Psycho0 X Yowie. Phenotypically quite diff from each other, one has heavy notching, is more pach orientated and has put out a basal pup. The other has a shape more reminiscent of a classic bridg and no notching. This one also has started showing longer spines maybe 1-1.5cm and ivory white on the older growth. Genetics from PD (miss our chats dude)

They are..... from memory, 2-3 yo

th_337287854_psyXyow1_122_49lo.JPG
th_337346374_psyXyow2_122_939lo.JPG th_337462815_psyXyow4_122_527lo.JPG th_337410608_psyXyow3_122_843lo.JPG th_337216554_psyXyow5_122_139lo.JPG

P.S. If any1 else has the annoying problem that both my iphones have had that some of the pics, even when orientaed correctly, display sideways when u upload them to ur computer or internet (I email myself the photo's from my fone to myself, then download them on the PC.) When u r browsing ur photo in my computer and viewing thumbnails of ur pics, right click and choose rotate clockwise or anticlockwise, whishever suits and this seems to rectify the problem.

Edited by naja naja
  • Like 3

Nice plants Naja naja, Do you find that they all become more fat at the tip and stay skinny at the base or do you think it's just a trait of the Psyco0 X Yowie? One of my super-pedro's seems to do the exact same thing, but mine is a little fatter at the base.

I love the Yowie's and I actually just won a Yowie off evilbay. Here's a couple of pics to compare with your Psycho0 X Yowie.

post-10282-0-52452300-1370346627_thumb.j

post-10282-0-24646600-1370346714_thumb.j

post-10282-0-52452300-1370346627_thumb.jpg

post-10282-0-24646600-1370346714_thumb.jpg

post-10282-0-52452300-1370346627_thumb.jpg

post-10282-0-24646600-1370346714_thumb.jpg

Place holder.

Will post pics of mine tomorrow if there is enough light

Spice-of-life not to sure about that being a Yowie, looks very knuthianus to me based on how big those notches are, can anyone confirm that?

• Like 4

Spice-of-life not to sure about that being a Yowie, looks very knuthianus to me based on how big those notches are, can anyone confirm that?

I agree, looks very much like a Knuthianus, almost guarantee it.

Nice plant

getafix

• Like 1

I just did a little more research into the ID and your quite right, It is definitely a T.knuthianus. Something interesting to add to the collection :)

• Like 1

Meant to post this a while ago. These are both meant to be pycho0 x yowie (or yowie x pycho0)
IMAG0070.jpgIMAG0071.jpg

Edited by eatfoo
  • Like 2

The thin section at the bases of those two are because they are seed grown and on their own roots still. ( they are not cuttings) and that's just how seedlings tend to grow.

And eatfoo, nice plants wish one of my two were long spined.

Forgive my clone-related taxonomic ignorance..but what species is Yowie again? And what desirable characteristics does it have? Psycho0 I know about, but Yowie I only ever seem to hear about in passing. It would make looking at these pics much more interesting if I had the background is all :)

Yowie is pachanoi. It is distinct in having two short downward facing spines. Seems the Yowie is attracted to two downward facing spined plants as I have a bridge that was found by the Yowie. Called "skinny"

• Like 1

The short spined of mine grows very thin, thinner then any bride i have. The long spine is much more pretty, but they are both marvels. Although, i have some doubt about the cross on the long spined, it doesnt really show any non bridge traits.

Naja, do you know anything more about Skinny, as i recently acquired one.

Also, if your interested i might have a micro cutting spare of the long spined at some point.

Edited by eatfoo

Skinny comes from an old dude who has carpets of tbms in the desert. Lophs in the ground etc. and only the Yowie knows it's location. The dudes old enough that he won't be there much longer from what I gather.

• Like 1

is Jonno the Yowie?

Edited by Stillman

Na, this Yowie is more west coast subspecies from wat I can gather. Although, I'm sure we could start some juicy rumors about Jono and Yowie hooking up and hanky panky and stuff. :P. I believe they did sum sexy cactus hunting together a few years ago.

• Like 1

My understanding on the origins of Skinny are as Naja said

Most questions about Skinny and who how and where can be found in this link if you look deep enough. :wink:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23983#entry250050

I was one of the lucky ones that got a cut before the rest got smashed by the hail storm.

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

Thanks fellas!