The Corroboree
AndyAmine.

New drug sweeping Athens called 'Sisa'

About a new drug on the streets of Greece.
Sounds like me*th to me by the way they talk about it but could it be an RC? "smoke smells like roses"
I think an RC would make more sense and all these stock piles of extremely cheap RC's have to be finding a home in troubled and 3rd world countries considering how cheap and potent they are.

Imagine the profits available selling a highly addictive and particularly cheap to produce RC in a place like that.

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 2

Use of sisa can produce insomnia, hallucinations, anorexia, palpitations and anxiety. lol must be great for dieting

Research Chem

• Like 1

Use of sisa can produce insomnia, hallucinations, anorexia, palpitations and anxiety. lol must be great for dieting

Geez, sounds like a barrel of laughs... no thanks!

freebased form of MDPV?, heard there was some seized in canada, was being sold as crack :BANGHEAD2:

will have alook a the vid later.

Yeah, MDPV makes a lot of sense and after a little reading it sounds like it fits the bill well.
Super addictive, very corrosive when smoked and produces lot of paranoia and aggression along with dangerous vasoconstriction.

Also makes sense in considering the massive amounts produced for low figures to supply the legal highs market and there would have been a huge glut of it when it was banned in various countries.

Edited by AndyAmine.

Freebase MDPV, didnt even know it was a thing until you mentioned it and I had a look.
Seems the idea exploded when John McAfee got busted posting about his experiments trying to improve his freebase'ing technique online.

Its quite scarey, there are people all over ther world cooking this shit up every which way from Tuesday trying to make it stronger.

Lots of them are whacking it up after messing with it too.... then wondering why they are destroying their bodies and blaming it on the drug.
Its unreal...

Horrible scenario. Most of the users in the vid look like the living dead. I have heard that one of the names for MDPV is "Poison".

You know it's bad when you are saying "Just stick to amphetamines mate, they're way safer".

• Like 2

it's worth noting how difficult it is to decide which stimulants are more useful or more dangerous. its likely that any decent stim has the potential to be useful and a high potential for overuse. my knowledge is limited but i'm tempted to say, if the danger isn't there then it's usefulness as a stimulant probably isn't there either.

the answer is education folks. stigmatising dangerous stimulants doesn't really help at all but it's the common reaction even from seasoned drug folk.

safe practice seems to be creeping its way into drug cultures, in one form or another, yet people find themselves badly entangled by a stimulant without ever being told "control yourself man, this stuff is more addictive than you can imagine and it can change you and enslave you and you'll think you need it. my advice is not to let your benders go for longer than they already do, and always leave some time between benders. (more advice could follow but that's a start)"

good advice is so helpful when using any drug. this kind of frank, non-judgmental conversation with your mates could be the difference between a sustainable hobby or a flatspin into the sea of unmendable.

• Like 2

Freebase MDPV "smells like roses"? Really?

This erowid report says he smoked "bath salts" that tasted like perfume, wonder if that's the active or some godawful perfume added to make the "bath salt" concept vaguely plausible....

I never said freebase MDPV smells like roses?
Im not making any concrete connections just theorising plus those comments were made in separate posts about separate things?

In one I quoted the doco in the second I was following on from SpaceMonks comment.

I have never examined MDPV, freebase or salt personally so I dont know but I would expect the freebase to stink of fishy amines, the salt could smell similar.
Perhaps a reason to perfume the stuff, like you say also makes sense to give it a smell to pass as bath salts but different things can have surprising smells. dunno.

Thunder, IMO any highly potent and cheap drug could have filled the gap Sisa did in Athens, its just another boil on the ass of a terrible drug use problem there. And no wonder.

However MDPV does seem like a particularly nasty drug to take for prolonged binges, its extremely addictive, produces more mental issues and is more damaging to the body than Me*th.

The extreme vasoconstriction is enough on its own to make it a very dangerous substance.

In Afganistan its Opium and heroin, in Thailand its Yabba because thats whats cheap and potent in those areas but increasingly we are seeing RCs filling the market ebbs and flows and I feel that as time goes on it will be an emerging trend for new, cheap and potent RC's replacing more traditional drugs, particularly in places like troubled and 3rd world countries.

I feel its in those places we will really see the true acute and chronic effects of using these compounds.,

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 1

On a side note, those pipes they use are pretty cool but look so very fragile.
I guess they hit the bulb with a butane torch or something and then pull it out with some tweasers?

Edited by AndyAmine.

Hey Andy, I was referring to the piece in the OP - didn't mean to imply that I was quoting you. Bad form, sorry. :)

MDPV sounds like bad news, think it's filling niches that would be better left empty. I'm really hoping that people will see the wake of destruction that the nastier RCs are leaving when combined with poor drug education/info/safety-testing, and that these stories will all end with governments around the world decriminalising some of the tried-and-tested drugs and educating people properly about them...well, I can dream. :rolleyes: NZ looks like it might be heading in the right direction though, I have high hopes for their model.

• Like 1

good advice is so helpful when using any drug. this kind of frank, non-judgmental conversation with your mates could be the difference between a sustainable hobby or a flatspin into the sea of unmendable.

I agree with what you say, Thunder.

The two most commonly known _ _ PVs are tricky to advise about, however, because IMO they represent the upper limit of what could be considered useful or sustainable.

A very short lived but VERY powerful high followed by a comparatively long and VERY unpleasant crash makes for something that has little functional application and a high abuse potential.

Telling people straight out not to do something never really works. It's hard though to find the words to describe what things like the PVs lead to and how incredibly hard it is to use them in any quantity without getting into trouble. While I believe there's a time and place for just about anything and everything, it's hard to say what justifiable space things like the PVs fill.

• Like 1

i guess 1 problem with cheaper is the potential to be abused more... just sayin.

• Like 1

yeah i agree halif, PV is a bit directionless, it's more suited to recreation, had good results at a party as a substitute for ecstasy/alcohol once.

i guess i was saying you probably can't hope for a safe and potent stimulant, it's one or the other.

haven't tried the freebase to my knowledge and wouldn't want to but smoked mdpv does have a fishy smell maybe, it reminded me of mushrooms. i can't see any reason to smoke it unless the route of administration changes the experience qualitatively. i think people just enjoy glass pipes because of the connection in their brain to smoking ice or crack-cocaine, that's why people choose to smoke weak, oily dubious speed and "i can't believe it's mostly not ice". the analogy isn't perfect but that's a bit like packing a cone of leaf and ripping it through a bong. it might "feel right" to a desperate bong head but ripping cones of leaf won't produce a bong hit, he might get a better, healthier result from admitting to himself there are no bongs and baking the leaf into a mullcake.

MDPV has a few interesting qualities IMHO but is no more a substitute for meth than anything else. meth is the only reliable workhorse i'm familiar with but it's only as reliable as the user's willpower. i think PV is a bit more visionary, you can produce grander plans/ideas than you would on meth so you set your target higher, but focus and co-ordination go out the window and all your left to work with is ambition and doggedness. i dont know, maybe that hints at a kind of more unhinged mania than

shorter lasting and IMO much shorter but more devastating recovery period which includes severe physical discomfort. i reckon it's easier to get carried away with activities and lose sight of priorities, find yourself making bad progress > running out of steam > thinking about redosing.

i googled 'what is sisa', people are saying it's just the first good meth to hit greece, or a somewhat decent method of manufacture has become possible for them. the police report says it's meth. that's a good enough explanation for me, the original article made a reference to "chemically enhanced meth" but that doesn't seem too likely with the rest of the world neglecting to turn their meth into something better for the last half dozen decades.

i'm just gonna throw this out there, it's only a rough guess, but maybe things will settle down a bit as the greek drug users learn about it and how to control themselves on it a bit better, and they might step out of the wind and stop toasting the crystal and if it's decent enough crystal they won't feel like it's damaging their lungs.

.. then again, i have no comprehension of what the greeks are going through. they might be too desperate to care about the damage.

Edited by ThunderIdeal