The Corroboree
tryptamine

Sakae Naa (Combretum quadrangulare)

Thought this one may be of interest to some of you Aussies ;)

I have started experimenting with this tree. I have so far tried a quid, smoked some cones and brewed a tea. It is certainly active but I am yet to find words to explain the effect, Its a stimulant, anti-inflamitory and inebrient.

I will start experimenting with higher dosage and report back.

Here is my suppliers description of Combretum.

Sakae Naa (Combretum quadrangulare) is a small tree of the family Combretaceae which grows up to 10m high. The tree grows along the rivers, or in open and wet places in southeast Asia.

Combretum leaf is smoked or chewed as a Kratom substitute by the people of South Thailand, Laos and Myanmar, since Kratom use is now prohibited there.

It is said that the Combretum quadrangulare contains many precious and rare substances. In some parts of the world it is used as a traditional herbal remedy to help cure sexual diseases or to kill parasitic worms in the human body, and some indigenous people of southeast Asia believe the Combretum tree has the powers of white magic.

You rarely find Combretum leaf at the markets as it is mostly only used locally. There are not many suppliers in the world who are offering Combretum leaf, not even in origin countries, since farmers tend to pick it for themselves.

• Like 6

Not the same species, but still interesting:

Bioactivities of the Genus Combretum (Combretaceae): A Review - also notes antinociceptive effect from an extract of C. duarteanum

There don't seem to be any Australian suppliers, wonder if there are any issues with import?

Thanks for the info tryptamine, l Iook forward to reading about your experiments!

• Like 1

A large pinch was quidded for 20mins. Half an hr later 3 cones were smoked in a waterpipe. This resulted in an altered headspace. Another 1/2 hr later 2 cones of weed are smoked. The effect of the weed is altered.

A few days later a brew is made using 3 gram. This hits with a strong wave. A little dizzy and nauseas. Some weed kills nausea. Certainly active but hard to explain.

A few days later a brew is made using 5 gram. More water is used to weaken taste and brew is drunk slowly. This works to avoid nausea. Effects feel similar to Kratom for want of a better description. I feel stimulated and motivated, similar to Kratom rather than like say a straight stimulant like caffeine or ephedra. My vision of the sky is enhanced without hallucinations.Some mild euphoria. Body numbness is very noticable but its hard to say if this is due to MU activity or not at this dosage, although some itching on the nose is a positive sign.

Will keep experimenting.

Edited by tryptamine
  • Like 3

Has this beasty found it way here yet?

• Like 1

medicine gardens stocked a 50x extract for years now, personally i wouldnt bother couldnt say i experienced any effects from it they market theres as false kratom, perhaps the actives are to volitile to survive there extraction because i have read some promising reports on fresh leaf