The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
PurpleHaze

Looks like the Coalition Won

You don't say...

what are we gonna do now?

Form a terrorist group or what?...

My mate the Bug suggests we all form loose, non-aligned groups of ppl called happyists.

Instead of wreaking terror on the populace at large, happyists would drop in unannounced and offer them tea and scones and make them laugh at the merely frivolous. If nothing else it will confuse ppl enough so they'll forget whatever it was they were cross about.

Bug is an inestimable fount of such good sense and always knows the wherabouts of precisely the right shade of glitter nailpolish. She also designs great tattoos. I fully support all her efforts in this and other fields, though it does mean I will have to provide clean crockery for an as yet uncalculated number of strangers.

Well, at least its raining properly here. Something had to go right today.

[This message has been edited by Darklight (edited 10 November 2001).]

Guest ziebonka

oops.

[This message has been edited by ziebonka (edited 10 November 2001).]

Guest ziebonka

To be REAL happyists we should offer them tea and CONES.

I doubt that Howard would have the election if he still had those big, bushy eyebrows.

When young Johnny started to say during his acceptance speech, "I'd like to thank ..." I had this vision of him saying, "Satan."

Originally posted by ziebonka:

To be REAL happyists we should offer them tea and CONES.

Perhaps you could form a splinter group ( in a State and place where such practices are legal of course wink.gif )

Originally posted by PurpleHaze:

I doubt that Howard would have the election if he still had those big, bushy eyebrows.

Indeed. I wonder where he keeps them tethered?

Who votes for these arseholes anyway? I certainly don't, nobody I know does, and I'm almost positive none of you out there do either.

Either there is a conspiracy to nationally jury rig the ballot boxes, or there are a hell of a lot of ppl I don't know ( and I reckoned til now I knew a fairly representative phonebook sized number of ppl ) whho have motivations and interests I cannot even begin to fathom.

In a country where such long running favorites as " Home And Away" still dominate prime time telly I am beginning to suspect the latter. However it does not rule out the former, nor does it negate the possibility of a combined effort.

C'mon, you lot. Fess up. If any of this is your fault we want to know why. If any of you voted lib/nats today we deserve to understand your reasoning

Lets just hope the senate will be controlled by red/green/democrats to make Costello's life hell.

Guest lambo

Of course your ballot boxes are rigged, do you believe people actually vote for these goats?

Of course there is a 'conspiracy', its called 'politics'.

And yes, politicians do have an 'alternate agenda'.

Did you joeys actually believe you had the 'right to vote'? hehe!

And yes, it is your fault.

better stick to telly. biggrin.gif

peasants!

lambo - are you sure you are talking about the australian elections, and not the US elections wink.gif

do you believe people actually vote for these goats?

sorry to say, but yes I know plenty of people who would vote for them. And funnily enough they complain about the crap government just as much as I do. They don't seem to learn though.

Politics here is almost a form of masochism. We keep bringing back the bastards that are hurting us just because of the fear of the unknown I think. Better the devil you know seems to be the motto. And we all have to pay.

Guest lambo

Lambo reply to 'Gomaos', 'Torsten':

'Form a terrorist group or what?...'

From what I have read in previous posts, there is already a terrorist group in Australia, it is called:

The Liberal Party of Australia/Nazis.

'Australian State governments are modelled on the British Westminster system.'

You joeys should be ashamed of yourselves!, forming a government after that worthless British government heirarchy!., no wonder you have soo many political problems! http://www.nla.gov.au/oz/gov/party.html

And as for the Queenslanders for Constitutional Monarchy:

Feel the shame!, trying to turn Australia into a Monarchy!, who was responsible for two or three opium wars, who's responsible for this!

Shame Queenslanders!, shame!, bad Queenslander!, bad!

And as for the Communist Party of Australia, There are a few patriots up here in my Montana, who would love to get their hands on you!, I would be happy to introduce you to them!

Feel the shame!, American-Australian alliance broken!!!

'Are you sure you are talking about the australian elections, and not the US elections?'

Actually, United States americans are under the delusion that they have the 'right to vote' also.

In actuality, they only have a pseudo-right to elect an elector, only our congress has the 'right to vote', it is called a 'Republic', not!.

Delusion:

. the act of deluding; deception; a misleading of the mind.

. a false belief or opinion.

. in psychiatry, a false, persistent belief not substantiated by sensory evidence.

. illusion, fallacy, deception, error, hallucination.

i.e.:

He 'hallucinated' that he had the 'right to vote'.

Pollie gained office by 'delusioning' his public. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by lambo (edited 11 November 2001).]

Originally posted by Torsten:

Politics here is almost a form of masochism. We keep bringing back the bastards that are hurting us just because of the fear of the unknown I think.

What scares me is that many countries display the masochistic tendency to repeatedly elect the group that hurts them in the delusion that the pain must be doing them good. Sorta like ppl rooly believe that if someone is belting them, it must be for some good reason, and b/c they don't have the guts to belt themselves.

Mind you it *was* kinda sad when Jo got voted out after having been premier of Qld since the late Carboniferous era wink.gif. He was a fossilised archetype of all that is wrong with the " You- tell- me- what- it- is- and- I'll- tell- you- whether- you're- right- or- not " Westminster system. Or any other purported democracy. Generations of Australian schoolchildren have since grown up without understanding exactly why Jo was so horrible and macabre. And how easily such a parody could rise to power somewhere else.

This is my opinion on the current state of our "democratic society"

We live under a democratic society?

More like dictatorship/communist government.

We have the right to vote?

Bullshit we get fined if we don’t.

We have a government made up of Liberal, Laber, National, democrats, greens and independents etc? Witch is supposed to keep the basteds onust?

Bullshit again we have Liberal and labour (Communist Party's) witch are both the same with the same a genders(eg:F***ING up the people and there rights).And as for the National party you might as well call them the liberal party. And democrats Labour and as for the rest they have to decide witch side of the fence they sit on anyway Labour or Liberal. We all could have a roof over or heads and have food in our mouths if the government wanted us to, but they don’t they like to keep us all at a level where they have total control, by making it easy to get in debt and keeping most of us on low wages, so we have to go to work and keep paying our debt and pay or taxes and save for our retirement. And if you do try to do something different like running your own business to make a bit more money they but up the red tape and tax the shit out of you, just to make it hard so most of use give up and go back to 9 to 5.

One day poeple might pull there heads out of the sand and realise that the government is full of dictating bustards that do nothing but get rich of our hard earnt money and tell us where we can and carnt fart.When we all wake up to this and stand up to them and tell these wankers we aren’t going to stand for it any more, then and only then we will make a difference, and then and only then, we may live in a true democratic society where the people really have a say.

Thats my thought of the day hehe.

lambo - are you sure your not really darren hinch?

(Shame Queenslanders!, shame!, bad Queenslander!, bad!

And as for the Communist Party of Australia, There are a few patriots up here in my Montana, who would love to get their hands on you!, I would be happy to introduce you to them!

Feel the shame!, American-Australian alliance broken!!!)

hehe

Originally posted by lambo:

Did you joeys

first of all hello lambo. second of all the "you joeys" was funny once only smile.gif.

have a nice day

shroomy

Guest Psilo_smylin
Originally posted by Darklight:

My mate the Bug suggests we all form loose, non-aligned groups of ppl called happyists.

Ohhh my goodness.

Only a month ago I had the exact same idea, even used almost identical words.

Wow maybe there are lots of other people ready for contradicting 'terrorism' with happyism.

Instead of using chemical weapons maybe we could use essential oils.

Istead of biological weapons (like anthrax) we could drop flowers.

4,000 hippies at a time could be deployed by parachute over over troubled areas armed with suface to air-wave guitars and anti-tank bongo drums.

Best of all stressed men/women etc will be kidnapped and held hostage at 5 star gold coast resorts until the demands (requsts) of the hostages are met.

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Psilo_smylin (edited 11 November 2001).]

Originally posted by Psilo_smylin:

Only a month ago I had the exact same idea, even used almost identical words.

Spooky. Was that here? The Bug isn't online but she does have good etherphone reception

4,000 hippies at a time could be deployed by parachute over over troubled areas

Excuse my cynicism, but massed hippies are likely to bond together & form a conglomerate ( coagulant? ) government, called an Hypocrisy. Mind you, they'd strip any designated area faster than a plague of locusts, smoke your lawn and eat all the bacon out of yr fridge when your back was turned, so I guess they'd be a sort of biological weapon wink.gif

Best of all stressed men/women etc will be kidnapped and held hostage at 5 star gold coast resorts

Pick me! Pick me! Though the notion of sending actual ppl to the Gold Coast for re-education seems somewhat cruel and uneccessary, I do so enjoy room service smile.gif