The Corroboree
PositiveHAL

Annual SAB get together?

What are peoples thought on creating a large gatering of the entire SAB community for a weekend to cometogether, meet contacts, have a show and tell and swap/trade setup, and generally have a good time. I know the EGA events a probably more in line with this but i was under the impression that this wasnt happening this year?...

Anyway just canvassing thoughts. Location and timing would need to be as assessed to make it eaier for the majorityof people, i.e not during school hoildays, centrally located, etcs

whats the fel on this?

• Like 11

An awesome idea.

There is no EGA this year, so a get together of some form would be a good idea.

But, not meaning to be negative, EGA is always has good drawcards, ie with speakers, workshops etc that make it feel worthwhile travelling for interstaters.

If it could be lined up with a music festival or some such it may make it easier to justify, especially for those of us who are financially challenged.

But im sure if the community mood is positive we can all make it work,

Cheers, Ob.

• Like 1

What more of a drawcard could you possibly need than a bunch of us? Who says some of us can't or won't give talks/workshops etc?

• Like 5

It was a big fat hint :wink:

glad some-one took the bait.

:devil:

Edited by obtuse
  • Like 2

There is no EGA this year,

: (

The NSW crew had a great meet this year, like some truly magical moments, and its a wonderful idea to deepen our connections and network farther afield.

I know our core crew is staunch and would never miss an opportunity for a meet.

A shame Melbourne doesn't have Byrons climate.

The logistics of flying in, and then needing cold climate camping gear is a problem

The obvious place would be Wandjina Gardens and hopefully one year that may happen.

After that Mt Buffalo is an easy place to convince us to pilgrimage to.

For me personally, if etherealdrifter picked me up from the airport and drove me to a forest full of subs and or phlebs and beautiful people

and I know that when I wake up in the morning he is going to hand me a bottle of tequila to wash down something special

......how could I refuse.

Of course you are always welcome to Big Cols Caapi cave.

Edited by colhawk
  • Like 5

Who says some of us can't or won't give talks/workshops etc?

I have seen incognito give a 48hr talk on nangs

• Like 13

Yep. Yep, yep, yep.

And col, to be fair, at least 3 hours of that talk was about bacon.

• Like 4

Absolute tops idea! I'd be been

Anodyne/colhawk, I think the about 6hrs was about a monkey and some franchise? Anyways, it was very reconnecting and shamanistic ;P I vote incog as a main draw card :)

In that note anybody with a hot shower for the dude can have him visit for the night either way!

Edited by thed00dabides
  • Like 1

If people would prefer to do it somewhere a bit warmer like NNSW I would be happy to put in some of the leg work if someone/s wanted to help me. Ive done a few in the past for those that remember back that far and they were pretty good times.

I found it bit much to take on by myself previously so would want to share the load.

• Like 1

The obvious place would be Wandjina Gardens and hopefully one year that may happen.

That's a great idea Col. Fingers crossed....

Of course you are always welcome to Big Cols Caapi cave.

Can't recommend this venue enough. World class garden & top notch host :worship:

Many a crackin night has been had there and no doubt many more will follow :wacko:

• Like 2

Great Idea

With all the different skills between us there could be some really education talks....

someone...... could do a talk on the skills involved in cooking a sausage on a stick. :wink:

• Like 1

I'd be keen but I'd have trouble getting anywhere too far away. I can't afford a plane ticket and I probably can't get anywhere more than a few hours drive away :(

So what kinda thing are people thinking of? Camping out in some generous member's paddock or similar, or booking some kinda isolated retreat/conference centre/what-have-you for a semi-formal event?

Maybe the Brisbane meet crew could meet up and organise a road trip im keen for a drive

• Like 2

So what kinda thing are people thinking of? Camping out in some generous member's paddock or similar, or booking some kinda isolated retreat/conference centre/what-have-you for a semi-formal event?

I don't mind camping, but it depends on how far i have to travel as to what i can bring to make camping easier. Camping is a good cheap option, but I can go with the flow, just nothing too expensive, especially if its a fly in from Melbourne.

I am hanging out to hang out.

:)

• Like 1

We have long talked of doing a mission to Torstens nursery. I can pick up anyone from Brisbane

airport and work our way down. I have 2 cars as well so if need be maybe you Mexicans can drive the

other . so when do you think we could do this i will be in Asia in the summer . What about in 6 weeks ?

• Like 1

someone...... could do a talk on the skills involved in cooking a sausage on a stick. :wink:

Classic!

We have long talked of doing a mission to Torstens nursery. I can pick up anyone from Brisbane

airport and work our way down. I have 2 cars as well so if need be maybe you Mexicans can drive the

other . so when do you think we could do this i will be in Asia in the summer . What about in 6 weeks ?

Ok you guys can go in 6 weeks,

I was thinking this should be a more formal type event, i.e mini conference. .... like in 6 months - early december.

If i wasnt so busy id help organise it. but my life aint gonna let up and allow that.....

• Like 3

I was thinking this should be a more formal type event, i.e mini conference. .... like in 6 months - early december.

I was thinking early December too obtuse. I think you and I are stuck in EGA mode, you know, because that's when EGA would be on..if it was on. :)

We could work something out once we have a date set . I could do a hydro workshop

• Like 1

People can interpret this however they like but I feel compelled to share. I'm not trying to be a downer & this is not an opinion but rather a DREAM that I had.

About 4 months ago I had a very realistic dream about a gathering of this nature taking place at Wandjina Gardens that started out great for the first little while but eventually progressed into a facebook event that turned into a schoolies type situation (unruly people, violence etc.) followed by a police raid which eventuated in a number of persons being shot.

Again... this was a just a dream but I wanted to share.

Peace

• Like 2

Shhh, ^ dont scare Torsten off, were still working on him :wink: . I think its very unlikely your dream would come to life. :) .

• Like 2

From experience, when organising an event on facebook, all you need to say is "THIS IS NOT A DOOF" and things will be just fine. :lol:

I love the idea, but if it's a NNSW thing, maybe it could be timed with the cube season... And preferably during the school holidays so that I can make it a family holiday. :P

It's a good idea. I miss eth and Amaz and all the other Victoria crew!

• Like 1