The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Francois le Danque

Ayahuasca on triple J right now! (Hack with Tom Tilley)

As above, so below. I recently saw Tom convene a drug regulation debate, he is a very cool guy. Get awn it.

• Like 1

is this worth a listen? i was thrown off a bit during the earlier mention by their midday presenter louie mcgirdie (?) and didn't bother tuning in

Well worth the listen.

Ive heard a few people say that dont like Lewis Mckirdy

I cant understand why he has always got your back with some sick tunes... lol

if it makes you feel better i'm dismayed by radio shows in general. back to back dr karl i say.

edit: i had a listen, was quite pleased with the amount of information and different viewpoints that they squeezed into the half hour segment. i wonder how many people were tuned in.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

I thinks its fantastic that something like this got some major airplay, remembering that a huge percentage of the population would never have heard of this substance before, and being a national broadcast now hundreds of thousands if not millions of people have been informed by what was a fairly balanced and factual presentation. Well done ABC. I guess alot of it does come down to Ben Lee pushing the Aya wheel barrow, but hey, any publicity is good publicity, (his musics pretty shitty though IMO) but hey good on him for putting it out there, sure it hasn't been entirly easy for him

• Like 2

Negative Dave says - don't post when off ones trolley, things seem different in the cold light of day

Edited by NegativeDave

It's worth stating too, that this is a government funded nationally broadcast 'youth' radio station, so well done to them, i dont see the need for any negativity towards this :scratchhead:

They sure pushed the dangerous aspect of aya.

That said I thought it was a well done story.

Edited by OPP

Yeah I wont be having a brew every day for months anymore after that dude flipped and necked himself.

I spoze that discussion was always required after Ben Lee putting ayahuasca in an album title.

Then has a guest spot on "the voice" australias highest rating show.

I assumed the discussion was had with the judges and the contestants he was mentoring.

I thought a good brew might be "team Joels" secret weapon.

A behind the scenes clip of him trying to explain it to Delta Goodram might actually make for interesting viewing.

I hope someone informed the moderators of my last post then Dave = )

typical westerners blaming "drugs" for their own problems

I'm not sure who any of them are anymore...but every time I hear/see triple J presenters now I notice how they've become just like every other douchebag radio presenter on triple M or nova or what have you. It's the same boisterous "cooler-and-more-extroverted-than-thou" personality over and over again, even if triple J one's are a little more "alternative" in a lip-service kinda way.

I listen exclusively to community radio - because the presenters behave and talk like real down-to-earth people (because they are), and they actually have unique and sometimes obscure taste in music that the station actually lets them play...Triple J has just become the hipster version of Nova now...same top 40 style shit, just it's the hipster top 40. Dang hipsters ruining everything.

Plus the news shows on community radio are run by volunteers (like the rest of the station most likely) and they showcase real local issues, and important environmental stories that wouldn't get a look-in on big news syndicates. They're not feeding you bullshit or behaving as the puppets of politicians and big business.

-ends rant-

But yeah, it definitely is cool that the message on these kinds of things is being brought to a wider audience. Any voice of sanity and understanding in the war on drugs (read: war on personal liberties at the expense of societal wellbeing) is a welcome one, and one worth amplifying and broadcasting.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 1

seems i only ever log in these days to correct bullshit ..

Was talking to someone who knew tom tilley the other day. Says he had an interesting background.
Tom grew up in some weird cult and was the first in his family to break free from it. Then he did modelling.

Interesting about the cult

Tom grew up in mudgee NSW, he was school captain at the public primary school i went to when i was in year 3. His younger brother Alex was in my year in primary before going to boarding school in Sydney. Their father was a minister of the Frontline church for 30+ years, he's done more charity in a week than you'll even think about in your life. look them up you fucking clown shoes, they are not a cult, and no one thinks your cool for spreading second hand lies about people's family.

Edited by self organising systems

^^ Chill out man. I don't really know Therefore, but all he really seems to have done is repeat something he heard somebody else say, that he assumed to be true. That's hardly "intentionally spreading lies" - I'll bet you've never repeated something you heard through the grapevine?

No need to insult the dude.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 1

.. the point is don't talk rubish about people's families unless you know that they're true

i have no interest arguing with people, but i reserve the right to call someone a clown shoes if that's what the behaviour they're showing says

What other radio station supports live music like Triple j ?

What other station plays music from the musicians that are currently touring the country without advertising ?

Which other station supports new Australian bands like triple J unearthed ?

Which station puts on the worlds biggest music poll each year for your enjoyment ?

What other station puts on free live gigs like the One Night Stand ?

Which radio station is currently supporting all these bands touring Australia

It really gets my knickers in a knot listening to people bitch about something that we are all so lucky to get for free.

Speak for yourself :P

I don't like Triple J, I don't listen to it, and I couldn't care less about what they do or the things they support. Why should I feel privelaged to have access to something I don't want, need, use or like, and didn't ask for? I wouldn't feel lucky to get herpes, even if it was free.

EDIT: sorry if that came off as rude. All I guess I was saying is that my values are not yours, yours are not mine, that kinda thing. I don't get shitty about people saying they love Triple J, and I was just taken aback that somebody took issue with me not liking it.

Sorry also for sidetracking the thread.

Edited by gtarman