The Corroboree
nothinghead

Protest Monsanto - May 25th

Value healthy food as a basic human right, ecologically innocuous farming and diversity, your right to grow plants?

Protest Monsanto on May 25th - find a local protest to join or start your own. Get involved!

http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-march-protests-world-069/

http://www.organicconsumers.org/monsanto/

http://morallowground.com/2013/05/07/nick-meyer-march-against-monsanto-rallies-happening-worldwide-in-may/

More information about local events probably on fb etc.

• Like 5

YES!

Where do I sign up for Brisbane?

Edited by gtarman

i find most protest's pathetic. no one is willing to riot and burn cop cars anymore.

• Like 4

Mass eco terrorism is the way of the future. :uzi:

post-9715-0-58180900-1368175784_thumb.jp

post-9715-0-58180900-1368175784_thumb.jpg

post-9715-0-58180900-1368175784_thumb.jpg

Edited by cacti jihadist
  • Like 4

I don't have information on where/when individual protests are taking place, but I imagine the main sites for organisation are event pages on facebook - have a search there, do some additional googling.. I'm sure Brisbane has one going on. If not, consider starting an event (on a social media site etc) and promo it as much as you can. There will definitely be interest everywhere if you can get the info up.

Mass eco terrorism is the way of the future. :uzi:

you just put yourself on an FBI terror watchlist,

but seriously, governments don't give a shit about peoples wishes. i mean, it's noble to try and save the planet and all and yeah we should do what we can, but humans are fundamentally stupid and ignorant, and things won't change, not in your or my lifetime. i remember recently watching a video (maybe it was the woody harrelson doco?) where there was a quote along the lines of "the people can't be trusted to make decisions", and when you consider purchasing decisions such as this i happen to agree with them. GM mass produced foods will always be cheaper than organic, and the purchasing decisions outlined in the preceding article will show anything other than price will not persuade people to think and act according to their own interests, or the long term interests of the planet.

• Like 2

With that attitude you will never make any difference, i agree.

• Like 1

just need to know what you're up against, is all

• Like 1

Monsanto needs to be broken. Sign me up!

• Like 2

Id start with the upper echelon of the employee list of Monsanto and their collaborators ( the politicians that allow these corporate behemoths to run a riot with total immunity from liability. Seriously. Would that make me a terrorist ?

Unfortunately, being such a puppet state of "America" I personally believe protests like this will not have any impact on It's future, and well planned intentions here in Australia. Call me a pessimist but i say I am a realist. I could be wrong, but have a look at the millions strong protests of support for the libyan and Syrian government got them. What did the occupy movement manage to effect ? Have any of the mass protests across the world ever stopped big wars ?

Ill probably get locked up for saying this... I think we need to start playing hardball. Would it be right to fight a violent campaign in the self defense of the future of the planet ?

( FFS - they want to put the same deep sea oil rig from the horizon disaster here in SA south of Kangaroo island :BANGHEAD2: NOT ON MY WATCH - Ill be swinging 8 foot lengths of macro at all the bastards :ana: )

Edited by cacti jihadist

the best you can do is spread information about monsanto and their practices, vis a vis monopolising seed distribution in 3rd world countries and suing anyone who has GM seed on their farms etc. health risks are under investigation and can be disputed, therefore can spread doubt and work against you. but there is no doubt monsanto is an evil multinational who works only to ensure their bottom line, so focus on that. there's cases in australia where monsanto has sued organic farmers for having their seed on their property where it blowed in.

spread information, that's the best you can do. try and mail your local MP but unless you live in an electorate which is agricultural you wont have any effect. still, the government cares more about money than they do about you. and that's the first thing you should be thinking.

you don't matter. only money matters.

I think it's more important to educate rather than to advertise. That which can be won by advertising, can be lost to it. But if we can educate people two things:

1) Monsanto is up to no good, for these reasons: {the reasons}
2) You need to tell people and start discussion, it's already almost too late, there is no time left to waste - act now.

Then that's a much better option. Once you understand, you tend not to forget - because you can re-derive anything you did forget.

• Like 4

Never has there been a company so evil incarnate

EDIT - Gunns Ltd was close but humans slayed that dragon....

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 1

Don't think of this as a futile endeavour. Many countries (8) in the EU have decided to ban Monsanto or GM crops (which hits Monsanto where it hurts), there's no reason other countries can't follow suit. With enough visibility in campaigns like these the politicians will cotton on to the fact that we don't want these kinds of agricultural and biotech practices in our (common) backyard, and they'll realise they'll face obstacles and lose support if they go in for supporting Monsanto.

I can only see everyday people taking an actual interest in this type of cause if it was on a prime time news show like sunday night on 7 or 60 minutes on 9. Other then that, I doubt anyone cares.

why do they have to have publication of these events linked directly to facebook? it's automatically shutting people out. fuck facebook.

• Like 5

Automatically means they are being monitored by the authorities too. Fuck Facebook.

On that note...I'm not actually on Facebook atm - I blocked their IP ranges from my computer and deactivated my account. Can anybody tell me the deets of the Brisbane one?

Been, done & dusted.

Was a good afternoon but i didn't stick around for the illicit after rally march.

• Like 1

Good march thru the city in Perth & nice diverse mix of speakers at the rally too.

1700+ people marched.

• Like 1

Wow good work Perth! My local was significantly smaller but went really well. It was a gathering with speakers and info rather than a march, and that turned out to be a good choice given the numbers and situation. I love seeing the mix of people interested, there were people of all ages and many walks of life. Really heartening to see the pics from around the world, too.