The Corroboree
myco

Lophophora williamsii illegal in W.A.

i got off pretty lightly in a way the fine for the plants themselves was $1000

it might sound like alot but for the number of plants they took its fairly small

unfortunately it really came down to they are illegal and i had them in my possesion

if i didnt have pot aswell im sure would have been a completely different story

in fact believe it or not the small amount of pot i had cost me more in fines than the cacti

it is what it is its fucked up but lets not get it twisted fact is i brought this upon myself

theres no one else to blame here but me it could definately have been ALOT worse

its a fucked up law but i cant change it

and i cant change wats happened

im far more devestated about what i have lost than fines and criminal records

im also just lost now i mean where do i go from here what can i have and what cant i have

am i expected to have every plant i want to collect analized to make sure it doesnt contain a drug

i dont even know what i have left in my collection thats allowed

all good on the fines i brought this on myself i'll pay the fines thanks for the generous offers though

and thanks for all the support and good words guys i apreciate everything very much

• Like 4

Oh man..... First time I've read this thread...

Dunno what to say really. So do you believe this stemmed from an aquis alert? What was it you tried to import if you don't mind me ask?

Don't be to proud to accept contribution to your fine man this is a community and your a brother, I'm keen to chuck in a fity to help out man - arse of an act bestowed on you - at least let us take a wee bit of financial burdon of you.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

I'll put in a twenty. I think it's absolute bullshit that they think it's okay to persecute somebody like this for growing a god damn plant, and I'm more than happy to put my money where my mouth is - not as a favour or charity or anything, just as my way of protesting and saying a big fuck you to these self-righteous bigots that presume to make criminals of people simply exercising their individual freedoms and not hurting anybody.

• Like 1

Hey mate, I would be fighting this one, and would love to help you to get your defence going.... I know law yers will tell you that you have no case, but there are sections in the criminal responsibilty, namely s. 22 of the state criminal code..... and cases that date back cenuries with regards to property...

I am fighting my own battle at the moment, not for "drugs" but the right to peaceful possession of any place, been a long fight... and I will keep fighting.... fuck them, and their illegal occupation of our freedoms eh?

We kind of need to stand strong.... no man has the right to make any plant illegal.... especially while they synthesise toxic poison to the entire population, and you can just walk into the chemist and get your "meth" over the counter....

My next challenge was actually going to be possessing some weed, and fighting the right to possess it, and smoke it under s.22, you see, the belief that we are allowed to have access to Gods plants needs only to be honest...... Its a long story, and I have gone through shitloads of law crap....

The main case is Walden v Hensler, where an aboriginal man hunted on a mans land, who he got permission from, and got a bustard turkey, and a small chick for his son or something.... anyway, he breached some environmental act.... that act is no different from any other act,.... they are all just acts.... and since a drug possession charge would be directly related to property, being the "offending property" being in possession of.... the defence would apply....

The problem many of us face, is the fact, that we are always single in teh court, and unless teh charge is serious enough to warrant a Jury, its pretty much never a fair hearing anyway... and the fight... is always fucking long and arduous.... they expect you to give up....

My charge of "obstructing a public officer" was march 2012... and only now is the appeal being heard in teh Supreme Court 22 october....

And then if I fail there, its the Court of Appeal, and then the Hight Court, and I will fight it all the way....If you believe in something you will endure and fight nomatter what, so as I said, if your case is still active, I would love to help you, and if you have the names of the Police who raided your house, give me their numbers.... I would like to know exactly what provisions they have used in order to do this etc.... and see if it was all done legit....

Aint nobody making any more of Gods stuff illegal.... NOBODY!! :)

i got off pretty lightly in a way the fine for the plants themselves was $1000

it might sound like alot but for the number of plants they took its fairly small

unfortunately it really came down to they are illegal and i had them in my possesion

if i didnt have pot aswell im sure would have been a completely different story

in fact believe it or not the small amount of pot i had cost me more in fines than the cacti

it is what it is its fucked up but lets not get it twisted fact is i brought this upon myself

theres no one else to blame here but me it could definately have been ALOT worse

its a fucked up law but i cant change it

and i cant change wats happened

im far more devestated about what i have lost than fines and criminal records

im also just lost now i mean where do i go from here what can i have and what cant i have

am i expected to have every plant i want to collect analized to make sure it doesnt contain a drug

i dont even know what i have left in my collection thats allowed

all good on the fines i brought this on myself i'll pay the fines thanks for the generous offers though

and thanks for all the support and good words guys i apreciate everything very much

only just read this.... spewing.. you should have fought it..... and appealed.... next time.... we all need to stand up together..... WE ARE THE LAW....

Are you serious? Does the W.A. stand for Washington state? If so, the fact that growing a peyote cactus is a surprise to you? Really?

Come on man! Are you a frickin' native american? If not, then yep yep! It's straight up in the federal register listed as being a controlled substance.

Do I agree with this bullshit law, HELL NO!

But you cant say that it's a surprise to you that the most notorious mescaline producing cacti is in fact illegal in the land where any and all things are most likely illegal, Plants like cannabis seem to be legal now in Washington state but not mescaline and not it's parent plants.

Hell, they dont want anyone to actually gain some sort of insight or have any sort of profound spiritual experiences. Thats what beer and hard liquor is for in their eyes.

Sorry if this seems sarcastic, as it is meant to be. But surely you had to know is what any law enforcement official looking to fuck you up is gonna be saying.

Hey lowjackal,

WA in this instance is refering to Western Australia :)

• Like 4

Did Torsten weigh in on any of this?

Anyone ask his advice? I brought the matter to his attention a few days ago when I found out all this via FB and a PM from here.

I'm sure he would have something to say...

Haha!! Western Australia !! And I was thinking washington,USA!! What a moron I can be sometimes.

ethnopiate, I made several comments in this thread, but I also talked to myco in the background because it could have been harmful to his defence to have some details in public. Bottom line is the WA prohibits any plants that contain an illegal drug. So technically this is many wattles, most cacti, many farm weeds etc. It's a ridiculous law, but now that ti is there it can really only be changed by precedent. ie next time someone gets busted with ONLY cacti who bought them at bunnings etc they could argue that the law is unreasonable. It would need to be a particular situation to be successfull - which myco was not in, so it was best for him to plead out. And that needs to be respected. I am sure there will be more cases and if we get one that suits I hope the community will chip in to make a legal fight possible.

• Like 5

I have re-read the entire thread now, you gave good advice Torsten. A ton of respect to Myco too for sharing his story, gutsy after such an ordeal. :worship:

I have been learning a lot here over the last few weeks and you seem to be (along with a select few others) in possession of a great deal of knowledge only a fool would leave unheeded.

Mum always told me to listen to people older and wiser, hasn't failed me yet, and I'm no pup.

I guess if anyone in WA was to purchase one of said cacti from Bunnings, perhaps it would be wise to take a photo of the receipt (they fade fast!), keep the supplier tags etc... Just in case.

I don't get why the suppliers to the big stores don't get done for dealing, different laws for different people I guess. Funny how it applies to one person but not another group.

Hopefully the powers that be see sense and follow in the footsteps of our sheep loving cousins over the pond by way of law, time will tell. That would open up such a world of research possibilities and new legal medicine potential. Until then, better safe than sorry these days I reckon, keep it legal.

• Like 1