The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
anubian lights

toads

Homer Simpson just licked a toad on national TV, and he got really out of it. Does anyone know where I can score some toads in Aus? I looked around my garden, and even went down some drains, but I couldnt find any. Do they like hang out on lillypads? Maybe I could lick some frogs instead, are these as good?

cause I seen some frogs around. Shit! I even used to catch tadpoles from the creek and watch em grow into frogs But that was in the past when I was younger. Damn, I wish I knew they got you high back then, I would have swallowed dozens of the fuckers. Glad I got the internet now, cause it reckons for the real deal ya need a toad.

If anyone wants to trade I got some salvia , heaps of HBW seeds, datura, or I could send you a nice pillow made of damiana. I did try this combo..then a line of A grade speed and my mind was blown.. sent into universe Explosions..dont blow your mind.

A trip alone can show you a god. Or make you a god.

So act responsibly.

oh yeah, I heard that licking about 10 toads gets you really fucked I seen god a few times but looking foward to the elf-infested spaces..so send me your toads, and i'll send you my sox.

(disclaimer) drug use condoned. Your own mind is illegal. And never mix anything with alcohol. You could die. Try to avoid the cough medicine..and why did you try the nutmeg? WTF, you a suicide or what! Nah, you just like to get mind fucked.

Arrrghhhh I *knew* this would happen!

Is this the best impersonation of a crazed lunatic by a crazed lunatic I've ever seen? Or did someone slip a drink in my medication?

I sentence you to ten lashes of CS tongue. That'll keep you both busy wink.gif

i read somewhere that the dmt toad has a huge concentration of dmt flowing through it's little veins.

half a dozen in the blender would do the trick. liquid gold my friends.

yeah i saw the simpsons

i love homer smile.gif

remember that one where he says

that his one true weakness is

drugs! or something along those

lines.

anyway the toad u want is the cane

toad from queensland, Bufo (is it)

vulgaris or something?

they have little sacks of poison in thier

skin which is Bufotenin, 5OH something

or other

u can either lick the toads back or

skin it, dry the skin and smoke it

it is a hallucinogen but i think it

also has some pretty unpleasent

side-effects like nausea and flushing

of the face

it is also found in some DMT containing

plants, i think it's in phalaris aquatica?

does anyone know much about the tiny

poison-dart frogs of S.america?

the brightly colored ones

they allegedly have a toxin in thier

skin which is reputedly either 1000

or 2000 times more potent than morphine biggrin.gif

that would b e fantastic

altho u would need to dilute it hey?

First: Dangit I already booted this off in another thread.

Second: I feel an extreme sense of irony that this happens on the very night my gnome decided to give smoking DMT another go. He couldn't get it to work yet again but is considering taking some moclobemide nnext time around. Currently he is feeling nauseous and agitated and yes I know that aint how you spell it.

Third: I have some tadpoles for ya Anubian Lights , they are orally active and tickle on the way down.

Fourth: half a dozen in the blender would do the trick

No , DMT is not orally active and not only would it be dangerous to drink a toad shake it would be incredibly disgusting.

Fifth:Bufo (is it)vulgaris That's a pisser , that's what I would be called if I was a frog. It's bufo alvarius though and what you wanna do is squeeze the venom glands of the toad until venom comes out. Squeeze it out onto a glass plate and let it dry , then scrape it up and smoke it out of a light bulb. Do this in a country where stealing mobile phones is illegal.

Im goin to bed , what a crappy night I have had eh.

Bufo alvarus is the Sonoran desert toad. It's venom is supposed to contain smokable tryptamines, but it would be fairly rare in Australia. The cane toad is Bufo marinus, and there are varying reports about the activity of its venom. They are plentiful though. Most things I have read about toad venoms warn people against licking or ingesting the venom - the usual advice is to dry & smoke the venom, only if you live in a country where this is legal.

The south American frogs you mentioned are probably Phyllobates &/or Phyllomedusa. One of these exudes a toxin that is collected by indians, who then make burns on their skin and apply the venom. They then have a violent and unpleasant reaction and pass out. When they wake up they are supposed to have enhanced strength and alertness, and ultra-sharp senses - all of which are useful for hunting. Some frogs have highly poisonous venoms which could easily kill a person though.

Originally posted by Chemical Shaman:

Second: I feel an extreme sense of irony that this happens on the very night my gnome decided to give smoking DMT another go. He couldn't get it to work yet again but is considering taking some moclobemide nnext time around. Currently he is feeling nauseous and agitated and yes I know that aint how you spell it.

when my elf had an acacia extract

(bought) he tried many times to get

full effects from it

he tried just on top of leaf and tried smoking like that(flame not touching extract tho) he tried placing leaf then extract then

leaf again in the cone

and he tried through a vaporiser

most he got was a very intense buzz

and a slight altered concioussness

but no colorful visions

he could make out shillouettes of visions

with his eyes closed but that's it

what did he do wrong?

was it just too low a dose?

Guest Methfreak

I will personally Capture and send the Cane

Toads to you if:

i get to see a picture of you licking one

I've lived in places in Queensland where there were so many canetoads they were a real pest and everybody hated them.

Sometimes i killed them and used them for fertilizer for plants.

On the subject of smoking DMT:

My elf said he has no troubles with 5meodmt.

Just sprinkle some on top of whatever you smoke in your pipe and you'll get full effects straight away.

UUUuuuhh-what???5 meo isn't cool? okay, sorry...

Guest reville

mmm.. that gives me an idea

Bufo alvarius

Bufo marinus

and

Bufo gargarizans

all have interesting secretions and of similar but different makeup

cultured toad gland cells would make for some interesting mRNA extractions.And come to think of it itd be much more legal to work with than tryptamine containing plants.

Hey imagine if supposedly we did get the enzyme responsible for turning tryptamines into psilocin or even turning it into %meo in preference to Bufotenin then we could make a toad with a genetically altered makeup that makes this toads with blue milk.And itd make a good pet too. designer pets for the 21st century

'come here fatboy, come here, come and eat your turkey mince dogfood.. thats it .. munch up that tryptophan... goooood boy...'

Toad eggs would be great to work with

theyd be easy to introduce either naked DNA, DNA in viral protein coat or artificial chromosomes into and it wouldnt matter cos im sure i read that fish and frogs are really easy to clone therfore you could mate the toad with 'itself' and um 1 out of 16 would be fertile viable and have two copies of the artificial chromosome.

i love this stuff. prob not accurate but im just learning baout this chromosome deal

[This message has been edited by reville (edited 27 September 2001).]

Guest tommy55

Theres a type of treefrog near the kimberlies called litoria splendida I think, its rare and is similar in appearance to the common green tree frog L.caerula sp up until recently it had only been found in toilets at tourist destinations, it can survive these conditions due to large glands on its head that apparently contain some kind of painkiller more powerful than morphine.

A man named Michael Tyler Australias leading frog expert knows a bit about them, I think he discovered them in 1981. Ill check it out.

well, today while I was walking the dog, I found a the dried out remenants of a cane toad on someones lawn, I can go collect it and send it to you if you are interested wink.gif

-bumpy

Guest reville
Originally posted by tommy55:

Theres a type of treefrog near the kimberlies called litoria splendida I think, its rare and is similar in appearance to the common green tree frog L.caerula sp up until recently it had only been found in toilets at tourist destinations, it can survive these conditions due to large glands on its head that apparently contain some kind of painkiller more powerful than morphine.

A man named Michael Tyler Australias leading frog expert knows a bit about them, I think he discovered them in 1981. Ill check it out.

Ok im interested. are you sure its not an antibiotic? how does toilets relate to morphine?

Guest tommy55

I think i might have got it wrong its glands contain a potent anti microbial agent called caerin, Sorry about that.

Please be aware that there is a lot of other nasty shit in toads and frogs, for toads this means (potentally fatal) peptide toxins. See the 5-OH-DMT of TiHKAL (under bufogenins and bufotoxins). Plant (or synthetic) sources are preferable and available.

Originally posted by Darklight:

Arrrghhhh I *knew* this would happen!

Is this the best impersonation of a crazed lunatic by a crazed lunatic I've ever seen? Or did someone slip a drink in my medication?

I sentence you to ten lashes of CS tongue. That'll keep you both busy   wink.gif

Nah, nothing wrong with your medication Darklight. Though your character analysis of the poster is disturbingly accurate wink.gif So you up the medication,or the voices might come back. wink.gif

Not sure I really deserve Chemicals tongue lashings cause I heard hes pretty kinky, and there are rumours going around at alt.tongues that his tongue is forked. ouch.

I shiver to imagine what he is really suggesting with his oral tadpoles. I think we all have to walk in balance.

Methfreak will collect the Toads. I'll start licking them and Revilles research centre will isolate the gland secretions and study its DNA and chemical and biological properties. Could come up with the synthesis of the century. A New Chemical Order.

Some mad universe, or an Island, or a mind.

A Bufo Aluarius venom glad extraction smoked in a sharp hit might take us to the centre of the source of its own spirit> A toad dreams of when he was a frog. Exploring the consciousness of amphibians. Explore at your own risk..cause its very dangerous.

Guest reville

I wont be GM'ing toads in the forseeable future.. hell if i dont cut back on my ideas alreday ill never get anything done...

however it looks like fertile ground for anyone else so inclined. ill buy one

maybe make them triploid or find some way to neuter them first.irreversibly - irradiation doesnt work its been tried

Sorry but i havent read all the responses, but heres my two cents worth:

Some toads and frogs in Australia contain psychoactive chemicals, I believe the Bufoalvarioius does, or however you spell it, and so do cane toads, I believe cane toads contain 5-MeO-DMT, which can be synthesised and available from chem suppliers, and Bufotenin, which is chemically similar to 5meo I believe.

There definitely is psychoactive chems in cane toads, I saw a documentary which interviewed so called "offenders" who smoked the toads. I know they smoked the skins, the idea was to kill as painlessly as possible, and freezedry the skins in the fridge and the dried venom I believe. But dont go try it on my account, get some more valid data from: http://www.erowid.org/animals/toads/toads.shtml

There has the species and chems in toads, etc.

Dave

Guest wira

Bufo marinus does NOT contain 5-MeO-DMT, and it only produces bufotenine in relatively small amounts. The other similar tryptamine-derivatives in the venom are more likely to have something to do with it.

If the documentary you're talking about is 'Cane Toads - An Unnatural History', then I'm pretty sure that scene may have been created as a joke. I'm not saying people don't do it, but I think the bit in the doco was put on. It's worth remembering that boiling up cane toads and drinking the brew is not really a good idea. And presuming the guy in the doco was for real, he seemed pretty fucked up when he was talking about it [ie. brain damaged?].

It's quite simple to milk toads for their venom, and that can be smoked, if you don't mind breaking the law [b. marinus venom is considered equivalent to posession of bufotenine, at least in some states of Australia].

Also, Bufo alvarius doesn't occur in Australia. If there are any here they would be in people's private collections, and it certainly wouldn't be legal or easy to try to import some!

ok, i've been reading through the erowid link provided by tryptaminer and couldn't find that technical part, so just for the sake of curiosity and science (really, because for most of us there is no need to do that, since 5meodmt can be easily come by semi-legally and it's not a real entertaining drug, in fact, many people get scared of it), how would one go about "milking toads"?

Put on some rubber gloves, get the toad, hold it firm, but not to firm so not ti injure it, find glands, i suppose they'd be somewhere in the neck(pure guesswork) and then start with your thumbs pressing along the glands upwards until the vemon comes out?

Could someone enlighten us about this technical part?

Also, I have to express my great satisfaction that against the firm conviction of "rednecks", toads and wattles are good for something.

In ya face, nazis...

Long live sab!

Apparently dogs have figured out a way to get high through the use and abuse of cane toad venom.

I can remember first seeing the article on GNW, about dogs in Townsville and related regions were finding the cane toads, then picking them up in their mouths and throwing them around, the cane toads would then have released venom out of their glands, and the dogs would then hold the toad down and lick them, I thought it was a bit far out until I saw my friends Jack-Russell doing the exact same thing in his backyard in Brisbane.

A few minutes after he'd finished with the toad the dog was lying asleepin a weird position in the corner of the garden.

-bumpy

i think its glands r on the shoulder

blade section

I'm from QLD where these toads are abundant.

My poor arse rat friend spueezed some 30 poison glands onto some glass to get a big ball of the yellowy sticky shit that dried brownish black.

He laced some leaf with it and gave it to my rat without telling him. my rat started having colourful hallucinations that lasted about 25 minutes.

My rat has licked a cane toad for a bet but this numbs his WHOLE mouth and throat, but no hallucinations probably not enough poison. Smoking it make my rat's lungs feel a little numb. The experience is pretty crappy, or so my rat tells me.

Guest wira

I used to have a friend [died of cancer] who licked a cane toad once, she described the crappy side effects [ie. burning mouth, pounding heart, headache etc.] but DID get visuals - however by visuals I mean vague blobby colours moving around and little more than that.

Milking a cane toad [for research purposes only, of course wink.gif] is easy. Thankfully they are also [usually] pretty easy to catch. This is one way of doing the milking...

If you're right handed, hold the toad in your left hand so that the belly is against your palm, with the head poking out the thumb/forefinger end. Grip the toad gently but firmly. It seems to work best if you use the fingers on that hand to kind of grip around the limbs, so the toad doesn't squirm around too much. Often they get pretty anxious when first caught, and usually empty their bladders, but if you're gentle with them they usually calm down quickly once in the hand, and let you get it over and done with.

The glands are easy to find - B. marinus has two large clusters of venom glands, one on each 'shoulder' just behind the head. You can't miss 'em. On many other Bufo species the glands and much smaller. On some species, such as B. alvarius, they are located in positions scattered over the body at strategic points.

You'll need a container with sides to receive the venom, preferably something that will alow the venom to be scraped out later [ie. not soft plastic, or soft metal]. It's easier if you have a friend to hold the container over the glands while you squeeze, otherwise you can put the container in place flat or at an angle, and angle the toad towards it accordingly.

If there's any cuts in your hands, wear gloves. Safety glasses are also a good idea, and a face mask can't hurt, because you don't want to accidentally get any fresh venom in your facial openings.

Grip the gland cluster between the thumb and forefinger of your right hand, and squeeze near the base. It can take a bit of pressure, but don't squeeze so hard you rupture the toad's flesh. Small popping sounds may be heard as each gland bursts at its aperture and the venom comes out. People usually talk of it squirting out [this is what the container is for, just in case], but I suspect toads only do this if you're treating them too roughly and they are distressed. In my experiences the venom has simply oozed to the surface of the skin, and I could scrape it off with the blunt side of a plastic knife, to be deposited in the container.

Each individual gland only discharges once before needing to regenerate, and once you've more or less done one gland, move across to the other one.

The venom usually dries to a yellowish-white, sometimes with slight brownish tints; the brownish black colour described by Smiling Cloud sounds odd.

It's a shame we have the situation that we do in Australia, with cane toads... it should be an ecological duty to kill them in this country, but personally I can't bring myself to do that. I love toads! Even more so, I have a real problem with killing a creature to 'get high' from it. Apparently some people smoke the dried skins of cane toads, which despite what I just said, is pretty stupid considering how much greater alkaloid concentration is found in the venom, which can be easily obtained without killing the toad.

On another note, I don't think the toads really like being milked. I know a few people who have kept B. alvarius in terrariums and ended up letting them go back into their native habitat, with major guilt-trips about how they had treated the toads.

Another note - if anyone reading this is intending to milk toads that are in their NATIVE habitat, it's probably best not to totally exhaust each toads venom supply [and there's no need to, where toads are plentiful]. They need it to protect themselves in the wild, and may be vulnerable for weeks otherwise. On the other hand, where toads are introduced pests, such as in Australia, we can maybe ignore that point. It's still mean, but they ARE a huge problem pest and it's better than the tortures people up north usually mete out to them.

[This message has been edited by wira (edited 04 October 2001).]