The Corroboree
inti

Chilean sect using Aya sacrifices a baby

This is Insane

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-22304694

Chile newborn 'dies in sect ritual'
_67248566_foto.jpgPolice are hunting Ramon Gustavo Castillo Gaete

Police in Chile have arrested four people accused of burning a newborn baby to death in a "healing ritual".

Those arrested include the mother of the child, and the suspects are said to be members of a religious sect.

The three-day old baby was thrown into a bonfire in November in the town of Colliguay because the group reportedly considered it an antichrist.

Their alleged leader, Ramon Gustavo Castillo Gaete, has been on the run since February.

Mr Castillo Gaete, who was known as "Antares from the Light", considered himself a god and believed the world was about to end on 21 December 2012, authorities say.

He is thought to be the father of the murdered baby.

He is accused of convincing the mother, Natalia Guerra, to hand over the newborn for the "sacrifice".

Hallucinogenic drugs

The baby was born in a clinic of Vina del Mar, Miguel Ampuero, vice-chief of the Chilean Investigative Police (PDI), told reporters.

But the authorities soon found out the newborn had never been officially registered.

_67248409_room.jpgThe police examined a house to find the charred remains of the baby

"`The baby was naked. They gagged around her mouth to keep her from screaming. Then they strapped her to a board. After summoning the spirits, they threw her on the bonfire alive,'' the investigator said.

The fire had been previously prepared in a two-metre deep hole in the ground.

The sect is thought to have been founded in 2005.

Members apparently consumed ayahuasca, a potent hallucinogenic plant used for centuries by South American indigenous peoples, during their rituals.

Investigators say Mr Castillo Gaete had sexual relations with all the women in the sect.

He was last seen before travelling to Peru to buy ayahuasca, authorities say.

• Like 1

i can't find any information related to this "sect", and only that it consisted of 12 members,

it's crazies like these who ruin it for the rest of us

• Like 2

Very disturbing. I dont understand how sacrificing another living being can be beneficial in any way at all

• Like 2

very disturbing indeed. I was shocked. Yes giving aya a bad name.

The obsession with power above all else is what seems to lead to this kind of behaviour. Its sad, but it proves that Ayahuasca isnt a good thing in itself, it's about the intent which is important. Any tool can be used for harm..

• Like 11

gagdoubleStrap -

sacbloodyred

.. babyScream

ritualheelin !

flat -

tire

.. back ward race

finned !

Edited by mysubtleascention

Suss... I wouldn't be surprised if this is all made up - propaganda to gather support for an all out war against and to demonize ayahuasca ceremonies , just like they've done with every other hallucinogen over the years.

Give me a break sheesh... I don't buy it for one second, even the dudes mugshot looks like they're trying portray him as Muslim.

Edited by bℓσωηG
  • Like 3

I think it is bad that this is promoted as 'the dark side of ayahuasca'. Ayahuasca almost certainly had nothing to do with this. This is a sick sociopathic individual leading a christian cult that happens to also take ayahuasca. They also eat fruit and smoke cigarettes, but we don't claim that this atrocity is the result of those activities, so why buy into the mainstream anti-drug rhetoric that will invariably associate the 'drug' consumption with the crime? The story should certainly be shared, but to highlight the ayahuasca as anything more than incidental does no one any favours. We should be clear that what killed the baby is that deranged individual's interpretation of christianity and his psychological hold over the other members. Ayahuasca had nothing to do with it.

• Like 7

like fuck it's 'anything more than incidental' ^

a substance as powerful as DMT is a significant variable in the equation, it's hopelessly naive to say it isn't ..

Edited by self organising systems
  • Like 1

until legitimised, aya is basically a free-for-all to have mud thrown at it by any materialistic bureaucratic system.

like fuck it's 'anything more than incidental' ^

a substance as powerful as DMT is a significant variable in the equation, it's hopelessly naive to say it isn't ..

I think you need some perspective on this. The vast majority of Ayahuasca and other hallucinogen users would be absolutely appalled at this mans behaviour. It is certainly not indicative of behaviour produced regularly by hallucinogen use. However, sociopaths do exist and there are any number of triggers that can exaggerate such behaviour - alcohol, stress, child abuse to name but a few.

I think we can all agree that hallucinogen use is not for everyone. The man was a probably sociopath before taking Ayahuasca, even so, it may have exaggerated his tendency towards aberrant behaviour.

Perhaps this is a call towards more control rather than outright banning, which is what the media and governments always seem to call for. Bit like the call to ban pressure cookers because they may be used for bombs, it's utterly ridiculous. Screwdrivers are a very powerful tool, as are cars; screwdrivers have been used to kill, and cars kill randomly and by accident very frequently. Shall we limit the use of screwdrivers and cars by sociopaths, or do we blame the cars for creating aberrant though frequent killings caused by them?

• Like 1

As much as SOS and I tend to disagree ;), he has one hell of a point here, hard as it might be to swallow.

Any aya shaman will tell you it's not good bad or neutral, such things are a horrible simplification. Aya certainly isn't the main issue but to suggest it is irrelevant is equally blinkered thinking.

• Like 1

b in goood -

bad blinkered

.. all

the waaay neutral !

post-9197-0-50633200-1367164543_thumb.jp

post-9197-0-50633200-1367164543_thumb.jpg

post-9197-0-50633200-1367164543_thumb.jpg

Edited by mysubtleascention

The only way that aya/dmt contributed is in that it can be used as a tool to influence the minds of others. Skilled sociopaths like the leader of this sect don't really need this, which is why this sort of shit also happens when no ayahuasca is invovled. It does however happen ost frequently when there is an extreme belief in heaven & hell. To me the extreme use of christian symbols and concepts is far more a contributor to the mind control and hence the horrible outcome than ayahuasca could ever be. Just do a google for baby sacrifices around the world and see how many involve religion.....

For rhetorical clarity, Torsten, could you tell me: where do you stand on the "gun debate"? Do guns, as objects in and of themselves, have a role to play in gun crime? More specifically, do you believe gun ownership should be restricted in the interest of public safety?

Are guns tools specifically designed to kill?

Is Ayahuasca a tool primarily used for spiritual awakening?

Can you use these tools for other purposes and how likely is it?

• Like 1

heh, i saw these today which are relevant if we're talking gun control

Edited by Scarecrow
  • Like 1

For rhetorical clarity, Torsten, could you tell me: where do you stand on the "gun debate"? Do guns, as objects in and of themselves, have a role to play in gun crime? More specifically, do you believe gun ownership should be restricted in the interest of public safety?

I believe in personal responsibility. I also think there is a big difference in legislating gun control and actually achieving it. Control of gun crime comes from a cultural mind set, not from laws. Australia's strict gun laws have not helped at all with gun crime for example [only with mass shootings]. So to me the issue is a little more complex and involves a lot more education, social engineering, and certain gun laws. But simple prohibition has never fixed anything.

Let me ask the question a little more relevant though. Should we ban religions because of these types of atrocities? If we're not going to ban christianity or even lay any blame at the feet of the religion that inspired this murder, then why should we lay any blame with ayahuasca?

I believe in personal responsibility. I also think there is a big difference in legislating gun control and actually achieving it. Control of gun crime comes from a cultural mind set, not from laws. Australia's strict gun laws have not helped at all with gun crime for example [only with mass shootings]. So to me the issue is a little more complex and involves a lot more education, social engineering, and certain gun laws. But simple prohibition has never fixed anything.

Let me ask the question a little more relevant though. Should we ban religions because of these types of atrocities? If we're not going to ban christianity or even lay any blame at the feet of the religion that inspired this murder, then why should we lay any blame with ayahuasca?

who is this directed to? should religions be banned? are you 10 years old? i'm sorry if i sounds offensive, but if i have anything to offer you it's going to come from honesty. it really disheartens me to read this today, as well as the fat medication thread you started. the reason it makes me disheartened is that you are a person with great access to 'entheogens', but you have no better ability to overcome your own problems than anyone else, no doubt you're a nice guy but the impression i get from things you've posted recently is you're also an overweight and naive person who has a lot of trouble with the cops, and who has killed most of their stomach flora by trying to find easy ways out of your problems .. i know the entirety of who you are is not reducible to these features, but are these facts untrue? if you want to "ask the question a little more relevant" what sort of example are you to people interested in 'entheogenesis'?

my answer is no, don't ban religion. power is always on the side of conservation, strength is in repetition, there's always something inherently weak about novelty. people using aya here are not doing the same thing when they drink it as people who live a traditional life in the Amazon. i don't know if you saw it but at Rak's be-in at the last EGA, the lady singing 'icaros' at the top of her voice? wandering around when everyone else was sitting, she was off chops and bein real disruptive? that to me is the image of people in Aus who think they're using aya 'traditionally' .. there's something about reality that tends to favour the reproduction of strong elements of the past within the present. new things are always the weakest, the most susceptible to being corrupted. aya in countries outside South America is a novelty. it's a rediculous comparison. religion (think of what's encompassed by this word) is not to humans what the physical act of drinking aya is to the production of wellbeing. churches have been around for a long time, and indeed they do harbour pedos and cause all sorts of problems. but hallucinogens can fuck up peoples minds, and i mean proper fuck them. so can religions, but so can car accidents, CO poisoning, even drinking too much water. there are no Christian water cults, and if there were i doubt it would be as easy to convince their members to off a baby by burning it alive. this is what makes me say

what i'm saying is for sure whitewind, all you others, you can say it's a therapeutic tool, but in relation to proliferation of its use in non-South American countries - drinking it here with an Aussie mindset is not the same as drinking it in South America - meaning strap on a f*cking helmet, it's a novelty so be prepared for some pretty gnarly things to happen, don't treat it like an innert reflection of people's intentions, because it isn't, i don't know what it is but DMT is an extremely powerful substance, no one has a monopoly on understanding it or what it can make people do.

Edited by self organising systems

what does that even mean?

SOS I'm not sure what your point is. Sure it's different here, strap on your helmet, and so far no one has sacrificed a baby despite that.

The proliferation in South America has likewise not created a rash if baby sacrifices, so let's look at the set and setting in which it occurred.

ps I'd don't believe that the people who have taken Aya in Aus have your average Aussie mindset.

Edited by whitewind

/

Edited by whitewind