The Corroboree
incognito

police predicament

If your friend has no previous convictions he could do a course & become a justice of the peace. They might back the fuck off once he flashes his JP card at them.

PR would be a nightmare if he was convicted after acquiring this & they probably wouldn't even want to go there.

But I am no expert by any means.

• Like 1

Can one still become a jp after having their license disqualified previously?

I would imagine so. I guess it would be circumstantial & how much time has lapsed since. Beyond my knowledge, sorry incog.

Hmm he may look into that :)

• Like 1

If you can ring up the cops and get a guy in shit by saying hes into drugs can you ring up the cops and get a guy in shit by saying hes filing false police reports just to screw with people? Your friend probably wasnt the first victim of the guy, probably wont be the last, and isnt filing repeated false reports quite distinctly illegal?

• Like 2

i like that jp idea, take the edge off for sure, good for alot of other things aswell

• Like 1

Me and my girl slept through a lock down of my block 3yrs ago, when a young girl was abducted... We woke up at 1pm and went downstairs and went to drive for coffee, 5 meters up the road we noticed police in "sweep" formations performing searches. Before you know it there was 3 D cars boxing us in and we were questioned about our entire life story for 25minutes. That car got massive harassment for about 18mths, then we moved and were all good.

We used to make jokes in the end with the cops; cop "what's the purpose of driving at this hour?" Us "oh we got a house full of kids who aren't ours and its driving us crazy officer".... Eventually it stopped, after maybe 15 stops total.

On a side note you can request to get the info given to you RE what is documented about you on the COPS database. The only reason they wouldn't give it to you was if you were under a current investigation and it would "tip you off".

On a side note you can request to get the info given to you RE what is documented about you on the COPS database. The only reason they wouldn't give it to you was if you were under a current investigation and it would "tip you off".

The COPS database - that would be the one that NSW police pirated over 10000 copies of propriety software to access and unashamedly used the pirated software for years even after they were caught using the pirated code. :o

That thievery cost Australian taxpayers well over 12 million dollars if you figure in the cost of the investigations and cover ups.

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdN2a13dR.EoALjoPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZWgwN285BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=13glhk286/EXP=1366837274/**http%3a//www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-24/nsw-police-in-legal-battle-with-software-giant/3970388

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdNMI2XdRjmQArTUPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZ3RtN3J1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=136kc173g/EXP=1366837640/**http%3a//delimiter.com.au/2013/02/01/nsw-police-reportedly-settles-with-micro-focus/

The COPS database also links to the Central Names Index (CNI) we all have a CNI number a bit like a bar code for livestock - baaaa

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdOA22HdRx3IAU4EPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZWgwN285BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=129cavc61/EXP=1366837430/**http%3a//phorums.com.au/archive/index.php/t-264497.html

Once something is entered on the CNI it stays there forever, the only way you can get rid if it is to pay a corrupt cop that has access privileges to edit it out.

I will add that this is only likely under a FOI application. If its for your own personal information you can likely avoid any fees.

we all have a CNI number

Not all of us, as i understand. If you do not have a license or a criminal record your likely to have not aquired one. Its not social security

haven't read all responses, so sorry if I cover anything twice.

you can't remove a drug report from your license or rego. It gets less relevant after a while, but never really goes away, ie there is a note on your police record forever. The sooner your friend accepts that and gets over it the better for him because there is nothing he can do about it. Police records are not criminal records and they NEVER get deleted. Then again, think about how many such reports they get and how little they can actually do about it. They are pretty meaningless after a few months.

Agents only have to send inspection notices by normal mail and hence do not have to show any proof that the notice was actually received. Their statement is enough, unless the secretary rolls on them and says they lied. So sadly there is also nothing he can do about the illegal inspection.

Best advice is to keep nose clean and just put up with the hassle for a little while. it will go away... at least until his name pops up again in relation to drugs.

and no, you can't get COPS info - not even via FOI. I tried.

• Like 1

Thanks so much guys I've relayed all this info to my mate, who has accepted his fate, and will be sure to never carry any contraband.

Are you sure the cops are even interested in the drugs thing?

Maybe theyre just on the same kinky sex forums as your mate (recognise his face from the midget videos) and the strip searches on the side of the road are just some kind of attempt at role play?

They could both be the bad cops with nightsticks and your mate could be the lost helpless backpacker with little english language and vinyl undies..

cant wait to see the video!

• Like 1

Would your mate consider carrying ounce bags of oregano for giggles?

I doubt it but its funny this is the first time in his life he has been vigilant if sticking to speed limits on the road, and respecting all road rules. He could chauffeur the queen.

Ounce bags of oregano? Mate u first have to meet the cops out here, he would be on the front page.

• Like 1

He is going to however, next time he is pulled over, going to open the boot and bonnet and ask the cops if they want him to squat and cough before the cops even get into the "so are u buying or selling drugs" routine. Only central west cops would say that shit. Seriously ? "Are you buying or selling any drugs" Is this the line of investigation they are teaching in cop school? And who are they catching with this?

If this is the war on drugs, no wonder the dealers are winning.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2