The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
GregKasarik

Bicycle Day 2013 - Tripping on the Steps v 3.0

Hiya,

As you may know this Friday is Bicycle Day!! Not only that, but it is the 70th anniversary of Albert Hofmann's famous ride. Hard to believe but it has now been seven decades since the start of the modern psychedelic era. Figure we have a bit of a party! :-)

I'll be once more tripping on the steps of the Victorian Parliament House, here in Victoria. It'll be starting at midday and depending on the weather, I'll be going until early evening. Bicycle Day is a holy day within Community of Infinite Colour (you've got to start somewhere...) and has a similar significance as Christmas does for others, although without the prezzies. It is a good day as any to celebrate and remember beginnings.

As previously, we have notified the politicians of our intentions. Given their determination to ignore us on this issue, this time we are doing something a bit more proactive in terms of media engagement. A media release will be going out this evening and I am already booked to speak with Jon Faine's on his morning radio show on the ABC. It'll be locked in tomorrow, but barring the start of WWIII I'm scheduled for the 9.05 am time-slot, which will give our cause maximum exposure and ample time for the talk-back thing to run its own course. (http://www.abc.net.au/melbourne/programs/melbourne_mornings/)

I've chosen Jon because he is a serious interviewer, who can be guaranteed to ask difficult questions, but who is also intelligent enough to understand the complexity of the issues. He has a law degree and acted on a pro-bono basis for the Australian Democrats before he went into radio, so he should be able to easily understand the legal argument for why the use of LSD and the other Transcendent Compounds for spiritual and religious purposes is currently legal within the state of Victoria.

Given that we are a highly functioning community, rather than the "druggies" that we are regularly made out to be, I know that most people will be working on Friday, but if you are in Melbourne, feel free to drop by and to encourage others to do likewise.

One proviso: If you are there, and I am arrested, please don't cause a scene, or create a disturbance. We are the good guys and rabble rousing only harms our cause. I have already established that I am on the right side of the law, so there is no need to get caught up with emotion if they decide to grandstand a bit and make a spectacle of themselves.

Greg

• Like 6

well done, morning abc radio should get your word out.

Good luck.

Are there any other avenues being used to publicise this? Social media etc?

I do have a FB event page, but it is fairly subdued.

I have left things till too late to organise a spectacular party, because I had hoped to be working by now, which may have meant that I wouldn't have the time off to do this.

What are the odds of getting some good, loud trance happening in a couple of days? :-)

http://www.facebook.com/events/524056377612348/

• Like 1

3LO is always on in my house, Johns better than Richard!

Good luck!

I assume you mean Richard Stubbs?

I caught up with him at the ABC studios last year and he seemed interested, but didn't reply to us during the Hunger Strike, so I haven't really bothered with him this time around. By the time his show is on, I'll be tripping a bit, so it will be interesting to see if he wants to do a live radio interview... :-)

my avatar will have a day of additional relevancy :)

• Like 1

156bo7c.jpg

godspeed

willing to take one for the team

I have updated my website to reflect Bicycle Day.

http://kasarik.com/Bicycle-Day-2013.php

Also, this might amuse:

http://www.kasarik.com/Entertaining-LSD-Links.php

If anyone else has any other links they'd like to share I'll look to include them as well.

Have you really established this legal argument?

Or is it just a legal argument? "Established" is a pretty strong word.

I've just been kicked from Jon Faine's program. Despite having me hanging around for a full hour, they ran out of time. :(

Disappointed that a positive drug story was neglected at the expense of the emphasis of the harms.

It was a good segment, but once more our voice has been ignored and not heard. :(