The Corroboree
bogfrog

Attn NZ cactus-heads

New Zealand cactus-nerd business.

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 1

Was having a drool over those dismorning, decent prices! Im a bit packed at the moment too however so I wont be bidding.

• Like 1

Lovely plants. :D

If only there was somewhere to put them, haha

Hey Aucklanders!

I saw this on trademe,

post-8023-0-35498200-1370330137_thumb.jp

Only $40?!

SUCH a good deal and would make an AMAZING addition to a cactus garden..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/outdoor-garden-conservatory/plants-pots/succulents-cacti/auction-600482301.htm

Hope one of you gets it so i can admire it in your garden in the future :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

That is a bargin. I've got a well established aloe like that at my parents place, must be about 3m tall. It flowered this year but didn't produce seed.

• Like 1

Now thats impressive. My granddad has one of the biggest bromeliad collections in New Zealand. He may have some as big as that stashed away somwhere, I haven't had the chance to look for a while.

The stories 2meke has told me of that seller boggy. Some cacti of mythical proportions, I dont want to say much more online.

• Like 2

Thats really cool about your grandad. Does he sell them or is it just his hobby?

Hah... Yeeeeaaah. I have only seen one pic of one plant and it made me swear very loudly :o

Mythical is about right.

I met up with someone today to sell them a couple wee bridgesii's and perus. I was expecting a young-ish man, and was very surprised when it turned out to be a lovely old lady, a retired high school science teacher!

She told me off though when she asked about the origin of the seeds and the care i took in declaring them :P I felt a bit embarrassed lol but she complimented me on my cultivation skills and invited me to see her collection of cacti and sundews :)

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 3

I dont think he sells them but he'll happily give them away to family. Are you after some? Before I go to visit him next time I can PM you. I'll get some pics of his property to.

I wouldnt mind a pretty one.... :) i have only begun admiring them lately and i think one would be a nice addition to the greenhouse.

Only if he likes the idea. I could always send him a cactus in return if he wants a cactus.

That brom is a baby they get twice that size. Its a alcantarea (rubra?)

• Like 1

Picked up some amazing fat pieces of blue pachanoid from this place today.

She says these plants came from the warehouse when they were tiny ( I take that with a grain of salt )

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=608274180

Anyones interested I have her mobile.

:wub:

post-11261-0-33188800-1372483353_thumb.j

post-11261-0-33188800-1372483353_thumb.jpg

post-11261-0-33188800-1372483353_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Picked up some amazing fat pieces of blue pachanoid from this place today.

She says these plants came from the warehouse when they were tiny ( I take that with a grain of salt )

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=608274180

Anyones interested I have her mobile.

:wub:

attachicon.giflisa's tricho.jpg

Wow nice , were they growing under cover? very blue!

Yeah, a big opuntia tree blocked the plant from about 70% of the sun, and it was still super fat. Possibly the corro cacti pachanoi just in mature form but not entirely sure. Me and Bit visited the place together. Not too far from corro cacti and the lady is real freindly if you ever want a piece when you come over blownG.

Gorgeous plants!

There is some unusual new cactus plantings in one of the glass houses at the Winter garden located in the Auckland Domain Park currently... some sexy myrtillo crests , some pach and two wickedly awesome Trich species i couldnt figure out what they were , they look old , kinda looking taquimbalensis-y with thinner spines and more of them ,check it out and grab some ''black prince'' chilli seeds while you there lol

• Like 1

Myrtillo crests!? Wooooooohoooooo they are in NZ, i am so wrapped to hear this!

Plz take pics someone!

Myrtillo crests!? Wooooooohoooooo they are in NZ, i am so wrapped to hear this!

Plz take pics someone!

Actually they may have been only monstrose not full on crests .. my memory aint the greatest , still worth a look though :)

Aww if only it were so easy for me to just take a look :(

Probably for the best, because if I got to take a look, there would be this evil little voice in my head telling me to take a cutting :P

Cactus-lust can do funny things to your brain lol.

Disclaimer: i wouldn't really do that! But i would be tempted!

Cactus-lust makes me want to fly to invercargill just to raid the botanic gardens for their clone-A TBM. I cant believe we have that in New Zealand!

Oh its here all right.

You wouldn't believe the plants I've seen :wub:

The dunedin botang also has one but they don't put it in the public area cause other tricho specimens have been theieved.

...and there is the most un-fucking-believable columnar TBM strain in a private garden which I pass occasionally. Its about 2 metres tall, some sections are fatter than a coke can and as long as my forearm.

Its to die for.

Hey, but isnt clone A the short form, and clone B the elongated form?

Edited by bogfrog

Hey hey.

I love cacti, but I have way too many.

If anyone wants to buy some nice trichocereus and perhaps some other little specialties, please give me a bell and I will sort you out a very nice deal.

Gradually my obsession has been waning, and as it has I have been giving away a lot of plants.

Now I'm practically out of pachanoi and common stuff. Only good stuff left now, but even some of the good stuff has to go cause I just don't have the time for them that I used to.

Nice Peru and bridgesii, countless trich hybrids, some Astros, grafts of various descriptions. All sorts of stuff really.

Please get in touch if you want some more cacti.

any one here post to tassie you have some great plants there