The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mutant

"Skunk" AKA indica strains fucking suck ass

Hey before all of you jump on the ship I prefer this and I prefer that,

have you ever studied the crystals of a bud with a microscope or lens to compare buds of different high? No? well next time you have two or more different buds, please do! The image we see is pretty according to the effect of the bud if we know where and what to look.

yeah sativa-dom buds are more hollow, but you can squeeze tham after some time curing to prevent them from drying. The tastes of skunks is much more instense IME, with strange, sweet , fruity or very heavy smells. Sativadoms smell more mildly, and more like the cannabis of our youth, which is more euphoric and more stimulant, and yep, maybe psychedelic in a less degree but in a more quality way.

At the end of the day its all a matter different strokes for different folks ehy :)
I have been short on time the last few days but Ill get stuck into a reply for this thread tomorrow.

I want to add that personally I find the effects of sativa dominant strains can be replicated by early harvesting or by vapourising (<200C). That is to say: all these situations result in a more alert kind of high (as opposed to so lowwwww stonnnnnne).

I reckon there is a time and a place for all types of weed, except the mouldy male weed, fuck that, but some of the best times come from having like 3 different types of weed, like the real heavy skunk before bed, real light fluffy sativa for the morning and smoke whatever inbetween, i mean think about it they all have different actions meaning they are suited to different situations and people, i dont hate any weed, except that mouldy male shit (fuck thats makes me feel dirty saying that), variatey is the spice of life

Skunk #1 is not that bad of a smoke, it’s just nothing special, compared to a good old sativa anyway.

I wouldn’t call it indica like in effects either, it’s more of a very generic 50/50 hybrid, imo. Which I think was the whole point of skunk #1 and why it became such a famous & notorious strain in the first place, it’s meant to have effects like a sativa (although I disagree) and grow like an indica. But also, it’s meant to be one of the most stable strains around, reliably produces good weed and a decent harvest, is very easy to grow and has a good male/female ratio.

So if your looking for something that’s easy to grow, has a decent harvest and has effects that aren’t particularly dreamy or trippy, then skunk #1 is well worth looking in too.

Also, skunk #1 meant to be awesome as breeding stock. A few years ago seed boutique were giving freebie seeds of ‘Original Haze x Skunk #1’, there were 2 phenos, the Original haze pheno grew 3 metres in every direction, had thousands of tiny little buds and was still probably a month from finished in july. But the skunk #1 pheno grew in a controllable manner with fat metre long buds on every branch and was finished by late may (well, that’s what I’ve read anyway). The Skunk #1 pheno also produced a really amazing euphoric & inspirational effect, which had a really long duration.

So skunk #1 is a really good strain for creating strains that have traits that wouldn’t usually grow in a temperate region, or for strains that wouldn’t usually grow well indoors.

Anyway, imo a good sativa is like the expensive champagne of cannabis, hybrids are like the wine of cannabis (some are good, some are shit) and indicas are just the cheap beer of cannabis. Sure are good indica produces that nice dreamy effect, but you get that with sativas as well, except with a up & trippy aspect to it. imo, sativas also have a positive & intelligent aspect to them that makes life more interesting, where as indicas have a negative aspect that makes life seem hard work and boring.

At the end of the day its all a matter different strokes for different folks ehy :)

I have been short on time the last few days but Ill get stuck into a reply for this thread tomorrow.

don't you mean different tokes? :P

where's that reply?? i am interested to know what you have to say on the matter.

^^^

yeah me too.

SunChaser, by 'skunk' I never meant some particular strain, but the whole range of heavy indica high strains that have flooded the markets and maybe even 'polluted' older cleaner sativadom strains where the cultivation is very guerilla and not organised.

I will return on the subject