The Corroboree
carlturney

Need housemate: 55 yo + in Melbourne

Hi All,

My great mate is going back to America in 2 months.

We're currently living in this modern, spacious, quiet, beautiful 3-bedroom home in Bayswater (25km due East of the Melbourne CBD).

I need a new house mate, to share it with. (The rental fees are great, but I can't afford it all on my own.)

If you know someone looking for a new place to live, especially an ethnobotanist, please let them know about me.

PLEASE DON'T REPLY TO ME VIA THIS THREAD. Direct contact is preferred. Comments you want all to see are OK. (Sadly, I don't check here nearly often enough.)

According to the by laws: Must be 55+ years old. Must NOT have any pets.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Carl Turney

Home 03 9720 3975

Website www.boms.com.au

At first I thought you wrote "Must not have any plants" and I was thinking "WHAT?!?!?!". Then a second later I noticed it was pets.

just wanted to point out that even though carl only has a few posts here, he has been part of the ethnobotany community for longer than this forum has existed. Folks familiar with EGA would have definitely seen him before.

I am not sure how many members over 55 we would have though ....

Aw shucks, Torsten. Thanks so much for the kind words.

Yep, not many Senior Citizens among my major hobbies... ethnobotany, polyfidelity, world domination.

Cheers, y'all.

Sigh, been 3 weeks, and no one over 55 seems interested in sharing this great place.

Getting closer to me needing to move out and store my stuff.

Maybe someone here in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne wants a mature, progressive, clean, quiet, responsible house-mate who is very handy with a wide range of plants.

Any one needing someone like me in their abode?

Cheers,

Carl Turney

Home 03 9720 3975

Hey, man.

Try posting in the Melbourne section of Reddit. I've seen multiple posts from people looking for rooms or room mates before.

http://www.reddit.com/r/melbourne

It's also a good forum. I like the gardening sections etc.