The Corroboree
newageshaman

Phalaris Paradoxa

Hi I have currently been reading two books which have interested me quite a deal. The first being Jim Dekorne Psychedelic Shamanism and the second being Trouts Notes - Some Simple Tryptamines. One part of psychedelic shamanism sparked my interest in particular and this was the part about the authors finding a source of smokable DMT and 5-heo-DMT within phalaris arundinacea once extracted. I have then took it upon my self to see what phalaris species I can find in my local area (which was one species in particular but quite a lot of said species, it is literally everywhere). The only downside was I found out from a quick google search that the only phalaris species to be known to contain tryptamines alkaloids are arundinacea and aquatica the species in my area is paradoxa. Still this didn't stop me from finding that in trouts notes in Romania they found traces of DMT and other tryptamines similar to those found in arundinacea and aquatica. So does this mean that it is possible that paradoxa contains tryptamine alkaloids the same as arundinacea and aquatica? And possibly to the same extent? Thankyou and I look forward to your replies

Yeah I have done countless searches turning up practical nothing which needless to say it gets a bit annoying after awhile

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=433550

which refers to this journal article: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1751-0813.2003.tb12513.x/abstract

makes it appear the answer is no. but information on the topic is scant as you've discovered.

• Like 1