The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wagonwheel

Help with ebay seed order

Hi guys, just wondering if I can get some advice. A good friend purchased the following seeds

from a reputable ebay store based in NSW (my friend is in Vic):

a few dozen acacia maidenii, about 100 san pedro, about 100 bamboo, about 100 peruvianus,

a few dozen bramble wattle.

The seeds never arrived, however upon contacting the seller they tracked the order through

AusPost website since they were sent registered mail, and according to AusPost they are

at the local post office awaiting collection and have been there since 6 days after being posted.

My friend is wondering if there is something suspicious about never receiving a notice from the

office to pickup this item, or why they weren't delivered for that matter since the package

is most likely a padded envelope. She hasn't had any problems with missing parcels from

this post office before and her household has heaps of deliveries.

My friend has recently started getting into mycology and has noticed that a couple of recent

deliveries have arrived with the envelope sticky-taped shut.

Is it advisable to enquire about this parcel at the local post office? It's not illegal to buy any of

the above species of seeds surely?

Would greatly appreciate any advice!

as far as I can see there's nothing suss there....except for maybe an Australia Post worker.

Since Australia Post became not only a newsagent, a bookseller, a currency converter, and insurance provider, and a bank... they have (at least at my local office) become very inefficient with their mail service. Chances are that the postie was sick that day, so they never bothered to deliver it. Or some other bullshit excuse lol.

As far as I know there is nothing illegal with ordering those items, so I would go in to the post office (take a book and a chair - you'll be waiting in line for ages...) and see if they have the parcel sitting there.

If your frind live in a nice street where people won't steal a parcel on the front porch, you can go to the post office and fill out an authority to leave form, in case no one is home. But I think they can only leave regular items, not registered mail.

• Like 1

It just sounds like incompetence to me, incompetence seems to be the only thing Auspost are competent at these days.

I've had packages sitting at the post office to pick up that they never even attempted to deliver and I didn't find out until I got a first & final notice.

& Alice as far as I know they can just abandon something on your doorstep without prior authority these days. You actually have to take measures to prevent them from doing so. When you post a package if it doesn't have a sticker saying DO NOT SAFE DROP in print large enough to be read from 2 football fields away they will just ditch it on the veranda or somewhere they deem to be safe and fuck off without leaving any notification. If it gets stolen it's just tough shit, they couldn't give a fuck. You can purchase the stickers from the post office or plaster it all over the package with red texta.

If you make a complaint about stolen or missing mail items, the official response these days is - "prove it" deceivingly packaged in a polite statement. I took it further to my local MP and he didn't give a fuck either, then I took it to the Ombudsman and he politely said "prove it" too. :wave-finger:

• Like 1

My local p.o is constantly late, we have had $400 worth of school books delivered to roadside (edit here to say roadside is about 150 meters from house and can not really be seen from our house for trees) in the rain, card board box? ??? Just sitting on rroadside for anyone to pickup, luckily we saw ist first and were we pissed. Went and complained about it now the postie refuses to deliver parcels to our address and we need to drive to town to pick up. I prefer this tho i know its safe.

Edited by in_spirit

Haha thanks for the re-assurance guys, was hoping that would be the case!

Just about every second parcel I get these days is found behind a bin on my

veranda, so i'm surprised every time it happens that i've never had something

knocked off since there are plenty of dodgy people in my suburb.