The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psylo

Should Psylo be banned from SAB?

Should Psylo be banned from SAB?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Imagine you are reading a book, but pages have been ripped out here and there, so it ruins the story. That's how I see post/thread deleting.

If I said something good or educational, I would want to leave the post there ?!, lol.

:)

Edit; just read EG's post in the deletion thread. He refers to SAB as a library.., yeah, so that's sorta what I was getting at, lol.

bigred = pyslo

who told you !!!!!

But seriously I think Torsten has a LOT of patience when it comes to these matters. For that i respect him heaps

I bet psylo wasn't the first drama queen to make a cry before leaving and to act like that, well at least we saw his

true colors. I was once out of line and torsten had a word with me and we sorted it out civilly .(and i fucked up twice

on the same reason) I think torsten and the gang do a great job .

we've had l;ong discussions about this before and in general people prefer to have some option of editing in case there is a pressing need to do so in certain circumstances. Editing usually means just that, rather than deleting. I prefer to think that the majority of members have the respect for each other and future memebrs to adhere to this honour code rather than locking it down tight light a kindergarden.

If I didn't have the option to edit my posts I'd be revealed as the idiot savant that I really am. :blink:

I love that button.

Edit: edited just because I can

psylo's leaving song

I don't think we need a leaving song just yet. After years of wasting the admin and mod's time he seems to be gearing up to take legal action against the forums for not deleting his posts. So I will be posting all details of this process online to keep you all in the loop. At the moment it is only as far as a 7 day ultimatum which I've already told him I will duely ignore. It just goes to show that our character assessment of trouble makers is usually pretty spot on early in the confrontation. It would have been so much easier to have deleted him 2 years ago and we would have if it wasn't for all of his supporters. I wonder if they will shoulder some of the responsibility now?

Needless to say these experiences affect everyone in that we will in future be much less patient with similar characters. The chances of these things ending well are very very slim so it just makes all our efforts so futile. You can thank psylo for a much stricter approach in future.

I don't think we need a leaving song just yet. After years of wasting the admin and mod's time he seems to be gearing up to take legal action against the forums for not deleting his posts.

:o That is just the shittiest shit EVER!!!!!. This makes me really.... GRRRRRRR.

Seriously guys, cant support Torstens posting enough. Even before this happened, when we booted Dolos, i decided its Time gloves come off. Im a patient person and i give everyone many chances to do right if something happens but from now on, i am not to be fucked with when its about Trolling and wasting the Time of our moderators. We will never boot anyone without a Reason but i can promise you we will never be as patient anymore like we´ve been with Psylo.

Dear Psylo...

Why do you have to create a fuss?. You bought all this (the evicting from SAB) on to yourself.

I bet you had this planned all along.

Don't make a monster out of yourself.

Please be civil and just drop this nonsense. Please.

Amz

*begs

. We will never boot anyone without a Reason but i can promise you we will never be as patient anymore like we´ve been with Psylo.

Yeah, he sure got the royal treatment hey. In my eyes he got away with a lot... and now he's shitting in our face... it doesn't seem right :(

Hi Torsten,

Do you know if there is a precedent for this? The whole thing is outrageous, IMHO, he practically asked to be banned.

Surely he read the rules..

@ Therefore... That avatar has got to go... Its like Psylo is haunting here:)

He was an obvious troll. Been telling people for years not to feed him. Don't know why he lasted this long?

Hi Torsten,

Do you know if there is a precedent for this? The whole thing is outrageous, IMHO, he practically asked to be banned.

Surely he read the rules..

Plenty of precedent, all of it in my favour, which is why I am not concerned.

There are a number of different issues - some of which I have not faced before.

First psylo has to establish copyright. This has to be done in his real name which will be difficult as the posts are under a pseudonym. ie he has to link his pseudonym with his real name, which in itself will be fun to watch [especially since I intend to publish all documents here] ;)

Then he needs to prove copyright and also remove license. Previous cases of public postings [blogs, forums, comments, etc] in australia have all upheld license of the host regardless of copyright assignment. ie, even if he has exclusive copyright, he can't force a host to remove content that he voluntarily published.

This sort of stuff is frequently faced by forum admins, which is why there is a forum for forum admins that discusses the legal implications in a lot of detail, which I have been a member of for many years.

I may be wrong about the potential legal threat as I have previously been warned by others about the kind of physical intimidation psylo is capable of. He also thinks he knows a few secrets about me, but as I never trusted him it will be interesting to see what aces he thinks he holds. Neither concerns me in any way and will only add to his legacy.

i am not to be fucked with when its about Trolling and wasting the Time of our moderators. We will never boot anyone without a Reason but i can promise you we will never be as patient anymore like we´ve been with Psylo.

a welcome change :)

this outcome was almost predictable, the guy even posted about forum destabilising techs and it was obvious he was using some of them here.

I'd delete his posts, all the ones that have fuck all to do with what the thread had been started for in the first place.

Maybe we should discuss Psylo in the pharmacology and chemistry sub forum, that way if we have something up our sleeve, he can't read it as a non member. ....But you know... I am not totally sure he has gone from SAB ?!

maybe we should un-ban him then the whole forum block his posts.

He cant waste Torstens time with a stupid court case if he can edit his posts

Mere browsers would be able to see what he wrote, so would Google. I vote we all vote to ban him so it's obvious his sort isn't welcome here!

You know when you see a fresh dog log in your path and you side step and carry on your way? Well thats how much attention and thought process I would be wasting on it hey. The more attention you pay to it the more they get off on the bullshit.

I am blown away anyone would bother causing so much crap in a forum on bloody plants and related friends.

I never had the pleasure of interacting with him so I guess I was one of the lucky ones?

This is ridiculous Psylo - if you really want attention this badly, why don't you get naked in a mall? We're a bunch of people (many of which still care about you) who are growing plants here...

I don't know if others see it this way, but Psylo must in be in a genuine state of anguish whether he admits it to himself or not.

When I used to read through his posts I couldn't help thinking he must be suffering on some level, I can't speculate as to what triggered his gestault but I really believe it all started well before he came here.

When we look at the title of this thread it seems like he wants to be judged by us, so there is respect here on some level. The legal action just seems like his typical stance of always having the final say and you must admit he was fucking good at using logic (sometimes without reason) to achieve that end.

Listen to your heart for once Psylo, Torsten isn't the enemy and neither are we.

Conflict on this level (legal action) is draining to those on both sides of the conflict. If you do happen to "win" will that make you sleep better at night ? or will it lead you further into isolation and "dread"

bonding -

overcomin

.. pleasures

live !

facilitating -

pain

.. stage

sensitive !

Umm care to explain what these mean? I am struggling to understand them........