The Corroboree

Wow, that makes me very sad. If one thing in the world should be a god given right it should be the right to be able to grow any plant that you want. It is illegal here in the "good ol' U S of A" (sarcasm) It scares me that this might happen to me one day, but I wont let it.

Those were pretty little girls. I'm pretty stoked about mine starting to show white and pink growth. It's pretty awesome. I'm debating grafting it to an over sized pedro to see what happens, watch it explode with growth.

they were beautiful plants man

those and my crested lophs were my prized possesions

they were by far the biggest losses of my collection

mine had a bit of pink growth to seemed to always be the smaller pups that would start to emerge theyd almost always be pink then turn yellow and green once they got bigger definately graft away with em man its something i planned on doing but lost em before i got a chance to

being caespitose they pup like crazy just remove a bunch of em and go hard on the grafting

• Like 1

@ID, that is a Cereus, good luck working out which one, lots of people have lots of opinions about what species is what. I have a few similar one of mine seems to be part monstrose part crest, very cool looking plants. As for the seedling, did you buy/get given the seeds or are they from your own plants? I have found when I have bought seeds from overseas suppliers some times I get an oddity mixed amongst them. Look forward to watching if it is a weird loph or someone has mixed in a random seed.

Cheers

Jox

• Like 1

they were beautiful plants man

those and my crested lophs were my prized possesions

they were by far the biggest losses of my collection

mine had a bit of pink growth to seemed to always be the smaller pups that would start to emerge theyd almost always be pink then turn yellow and green once they got bigger definately graft away with em man its something i planned on doing but lost em before i got a chance to

being caespitose they pup like crazy just remove a bunch of em and go hard on the grafting

For sure man. I plant on doing TONS of grafts with my variegated caespitosa and jourdaniana. Just today i did 3 jourdaniana to myrtillocactus grafts. My caesp is a little bit small at this point to take a pup off, unless i take the main head off which i don't want to do, but i will for sure be making tons of clones in the future.

• Like 1

Sweet! Cereus it is :)

The Loph seeds are from a member here - I'll have to do a bit of detective work to work out which batch they are from and hence which member. I've grown about 100 of these before and they were all the same - it'll be damn interesting to see what comes of it :)

Hang on - I just checked my messages - I think they're from you Jox!

Just checked again - Myco - the seeds I've grown that have the funky forked one are from you. Your personal cacti may be gone, but their offspring live on! :)

And, they're top quality too because I purchased them in late October last year... and there's about 80-90% germination still after 12 months...

Edited by IndianDreaming
  • Like 2

yep I agree with cereus, most people call it Cereus peruvianus , maybe it is!

My chimera is awesome yeah, but I am not really sure how it will continue. Its said they are not stable, and they seem to turn gymno. Mine seems to have done that and I have been wondering in what way would it be possible to propagate it and even revert it back to fucky myrti growth ... any ideas?

I am probably repotting all my new monsters tonight...

Sweet! Cereus it is :)

The Loph seeds are from a member here - I'll have to do a bit of detective work to work out which batch they are from and hence which member. I've grown about 100 of these before and they were all the same - it'll be damn interesting to see what comes of it :)

Hang on - I just checked my messages - I think they're from you Jox!

Just checked again - Myco - the seeds I've grown that have the funky forked one are from you. Your personal cacti may be gone, but their offspring live on! :)

And, they're top quality too because I purchased them in late October last year... and there's about 80-90% germination still after 12 months...

good to hear your still getting such good germ rates from them :)

i have no idea wat that little funky guy could be or how he got in there it will be interesting to see wat it turns into

• Like 1

Very nice Swiper, how old is it?

Cheers

Jox

Cheers Jox, Feb/March 2012 from memory, she's a slow grower !

Nice one swiper, do you remember where you got the seeds from?

I'm officially jealous. A crest from seed!! I wish that would happen to me, I just bought all of my crested plants so far. The only mutant i have from seed is a possibly melted wax, semi monstrose bridgesii.

Edited by hostilis

I didn't know that you could cross those two and the mutant traits would pass on. What is TPQC?

Check the 1st page of this link and you will find all the info on nitrogen's mutant parent plants of all the cool crosses he has made :)

And yeah the mutant traits do pass on some of his seeds I got nearly 50% mutant seedlings :)

Okay awesome. I'd love to have some of those seeds. Hehe. Mutants are my favorite. By the way i didn't see any posts from nitrogen on the first page of the thread. Did you mean to link a different page?

Edited by hostilis

Thanks Jack. Sorry Hostilis I forgot to add the link :)

Wow. Beautiful. Thanks for linking that guys! Those are some amazing plants. I hope to one day have a garden of that magnitude. Right now I'm searching for a new home in a state where I can leave all my plants outside all the time. When that happens I will have a sea of awesome mutant cactus. :D

Inermis skin from pachanoi monstrosa columnar growth:

P1100940.jpg

Inermis skin from pachanoi crest (the one I am calling reptile skin, it shows better when it's on, this is older skin now)

P1100942.jpg

and yep they're different strains the only ones I got so far.

• Like 4

My pach monstrose has awaken from its winter slumber

munter_zpsb9da0303.jpg

• Like 12