The Corroboree
tipz

free seed giveaway

Man I totally missed this one. If theres absolutely ANYTHING left I would be ecstatic to get some!

Edited by PerthShaman

OK, all 55 envelopes are stamped and addressed and i have just finished labeling the 400 ( roughly ) seperate baggies with species names. Now just to portion them all up and get them on the way. I have a habit of biting off more than i can chew sometimes ;)

Nobody that posted above has missed out and a few others from another site are on the list too.

Not far off now guys.

I sowed a heap last week and the germ rates are insanely good as expected. It's still too early to tell but the bridge and the macro seem to have a lot of albino and possible funky looking seedlings. I will do another large giveaway when they are big enough to post on as I will simply have waaaaay too many to keep myself. But that is still a way off yet.

To explain as best as possible with my lack of botanical terminology, Most seeds come out in the first stage and have two points similar to a set of horns, on the macro I have a lot that have germinated with three of these "horns". Does anyone know if this is an indicator of mutation ? I have not really noticed this in my seedlings before ( not to mean that they have not been there )

Edited by tipz
  • Like 6

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

You are a champion mate!!!!!!

To explain as best as possible with my lack of botanical terminology, Most seeds come out in the first stage and have two points similar to a set of horns, on the macro I have a lot that have germinated with three of these "horns". Does anyone know if this is an indicator of mutation ? I have not really noticed this in my seedlings before ( not to mean that they have not been there )

From my limited experiences all of my tricho seedlings have been two horned, in saying that I have never grown macro :huh:, this makes an AWESOME giveaway even more exciting (If that is possible :lol:)

Thanks mate

Cheers

jox

• Like 1

Wowzers!

What a legend!

3 horned seedlings do show up occasionally, i'm unsure if its a sign of mutation but its definately less common :)

• Like 1

OK, all fully packed stamped and addressed. Will be on the way By Monday morning.

Sorry about the wait guys ( all other trades, like the oxfam 4 prize and your variegate GOT are good to go too )

Here is a pic of some of the seeds I sowed from the selection. There has to be a few thousand seedlings, so as soon as things get crowded and they are big enough to survive a trip in the post I will undertake another big giveaway.

Happy days

post-9715-0-85760500-1366958785_thumb.jp

post-9715-0-85760500-1366958785_thumb.jpg

post-9715-0-85760500-1366958785_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Nice work Tipz, sorry to dump all that on you bro. But seeing all those little babies in the tubs is worth it!

55 is a crapload of envelopes and an enormity of seed! Good effort!!!

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

What soil do you use in the tubs?

• Like 1

Dont think like that mate, I was happy to do it. I had a friend help me with the sorting and bagging. envelopes were a couple of bucks, stamps where free, baggies cost bugger all and spreading those genetics round - priceless :)

This mix has a little sifted premium potting mix, some coarse sharp sand, a little perlite and some crushed biochar ( not my normal mix, but all I had on hand when the urge to sow overtook me ). Im feeding them some very dilute HQ organic hydro nutes and have them on an 18/6 light cycle.

Ill keep you updated with photos and send you your choice of pups when they all start to show their traits.

• Like 2

Cheers mate, sounds good. I'll probably be back in adelaide in a couple of years should be good timing!

I'm trying to germinate some seeds up here as it's warm all the time but anything other than generic potting soil is hard to find. I used some pilbara red sand but the stuff set like a brick, haha! I'll try and track down some coarse sharp sand to mix with some seed raising mix or something at best.

baby bliss so green