The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

If I don't come back...

I want you to know I love you all.

Once again I'm off for a couple months OS, and if you never hear from me again then I just want you to know I love SAB, and everything I've been able to learn and share over the years has been really wonderful. SAB is full of the nicest, kindest most interesting and generous people I could have ever met and I'm lucky to have gotten to know you over the years.

Cheers all, and I hope to have some great stories to tell when I return.

• Like 12

All the best mate, be safe and have a good time :)

• Like 1

I hope you find what you're looking for :)

Happy travels dude

• Like 1

All the best on your soul searching travels.

Sounds like a great adventure when there is risk of not returning.

Or r u running from the law =p hehe

Hope u bring back seeds.

Peace

Safe travels

• Like 3

if you never hear from me again then I just want you to know I love SAB, and everything I've been able to learn and share over the years has been really wonderful. SAB is full of the nicest, kindest most interesting and generous people I could have ever met and I'm lucky to have gotten to know you over the years.

You'll be back... your a SAB die hard....i can tell. :)

Happy travels Halcyon Daze.

• Like 2

Oh don't be all melodramatic :)

(But if the worst does happen, dibs on the shrunken head :wink: )

Edited by endorfinder
  • Like 2

Thanks guyz (wipes away a tear), I am a little nervous this time, which hasn't happened before. I made a pretty close working relationship with the chief's daughter and there's plenty of people who aren't happy about it, warring dynasties etc. PNG is no utopian paradise, it's kinda hardcore actually, not to mention the snakes, malaria, random hold-ups etc.

Anyway, I just didn't want to leave you wondering, (I hate that). I'm in for a sleepless night :(

Well if you get stuck behind enemy lines i will form a hardcore group of sabers and with our ethno powers

we will come rescue you.

• Like 6

Good luck and good Bye (hopefully not forever) we all love you

• Like 1

Anyway, I just didn't want to leave you wondering

Well, I wasn't wondering before, but after you told us all that I certainly will be :)

So you *have* to come back and tell us how it ends now.

Stay safe. I knocked back a stint PNG simply cos it seemed there were so many places I could go wrong, despite assurances from the locals it wasn't that bad. It doesn't sound for the faint hearted at all

Good luck, take care, come back

• Like 2

one thing I learned in Byron bay, was to never form a sentence like your header.

regardless if you believe in it, I white light you, and hope all the others do the same, save journey and a happy return! :)

• Like 2

Well I have to say take care mate BUT I can't let you go without tell you how JEALOUS you make me :lol:, please take me with you mate !! PNG :drool2: :drool2: :drool2:!!

Seriously though look after yourself, I'm sure we will be talking again soon.

Regards

jox

• Like 1

Thanks for the support everyone, If I need rescuing this'll be the first place I raise the alarm. I can actually access the internet at the top of one high mountain because off in the distance there is another mountain with an antenna that services one of the worlds largest gold mines. So yeah, on a clear day I may even be able to log in n say HEEEEELP! lol ( and those who come to save me will be handsomely rewarded in a land of untold riches and boobies)

Anyway, jokes aside, I'm hoping to push deep into some uncharted territory with no airstrip or anything, as you can imagine I'm keen to trade some secrets with the local witchdoctors. Wo knows what ma come out of it.

Take care everybody and I'm seriously gonna miss you all. Have a "Smoke and a Pancake" for your old pal HD :wub::(:shroomer::bong::):rolleyes::wub:

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 6

wow your adventure sounds hardcore. Deep into the last froniters.

Amazing . I wish i could join you.

Sounds like a dream.

It sure beats western suburbs sydney .9-5 mortgage life.

keep head strong and love..all will come good.

peace and good luck

Edited by trichoshaman
  • Like 1

Good luck HD! I hope you don't need any luck, and can rely on skill and dashingness instead. :)

• Like 2

Stay safe halcyon, I hope it's everything you want it to be. :) and I think we all look forward to hearing about on your return.

Well if you get stuck behind enemy lines i will form a hardcore group of sabers and with our ethno powers

we will come rescue you.

Can you imagine... We could make a movie about it. I will be played by will ferrel.

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 4

Hi all, I just want to let you know that I made it back safely (somehow) and I STILL LOVE YOU ALL!!! :)

The murdered Australian was not me thank God! So thanks for all your concern and frantic text messages.

Things really didn't go to plan thanks to some major tribal fights that sent me into hiding, but some really really positive things happened. And my next trip will take me right to the exact areas I've always wanted to reach thanks to a big contact (and hopefully a new Airstrip) :) :) :)

Some of the weird and wonderful things that happened include: An earthquake, a pregnant woman got literally hacked to pieces in our village and another 2 guys shot, I sighted a new Bird of Paradise and the world's largest butterflies, opening our new community school, Fleeing a tribal fight at night and being separated from my passport, being ambushed by warriors who posed for photos and let us go , Having to cross a wire bridge on the verge of collapse, a plane ride through some incredible rugged mountains, My crazy speeding bus had a collission with a pack of horses in the middle of a big storm at night-nearly killing us all. I made a Big big big handshake on a business interest and My lovely lady and I finally got engaged :wub: Oh and I had the unfortunate honor of killing a big celebratory pig, Oh and I made another big connection in Port Moresby, AND I got a lucky snap of the PM Peter O'Neil. Oh and I had a close shave with the customs officer on arrival (thank god for amnesty bins). It was pretty much non stop intensity from start to finish and I'm half ready to give it all away, but I just know that's not gonna happen.

One thing I do stand by though is DON'T TAKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND AROUND PNG! There's been a few horrible attacks lately and I really feel sorry that it's happening in a country full of such wonderful kind and gentle people, right on our doorstep.

So thanks again guyz, good to be back and hope to be chatting again soon :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 7

here's a few pics

post-8867-0-95383200-1368878770_thumb.jp

post-8867-0-77730100-1368878806_thumb.jp

post-8867-0-21820400-1368878876_thumb.jp

post-8867-0-16973400-1368880043_thumb.jp

Usrgsfgd.jpg

etteted.jpg

wrgwrgd.jpg

dghdthd.jpg

Usrgsfgd.jpg

etteted.jpg

wrgwrgd.jpg

dghdthd.jpg

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 10

Far out. Sounds hectic. I don't think I am quite up for that sort of adventure.

Glad to hear your home safe mate & congratulations on your engagement.

As always you have made me extremely jealous :lol: & I am still waving my hands around letting you know I am a willing offsider/apprentice just waiting to to come & work with you in P.N.G :wink:.

Cheers

jox

Edited by Jox

there's a real market in the future for galbulimima bark for a budding entrepreneur, if you're interested PM me...

Hectic alright. Next trip I plan to just chill, explore and chill some more, any budding adventurers are most welcome. As a once off adventure it oughta be UNFUNKKNBELIEVABLE!!! Galublimia bark looks interesting, thanks Thelema, I'll have to look around for it next time.