The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
GregKasarik

"Mind Matters" on ABC Radio National's Encounter program - Mar 16 @ 5pm

This weekend Radio National's Encounter program is airing a show entitled "Mind at Large" which will discuss the use of hallucinogens for religious and spiritual purposes. It arose directly because of my hunger strike and I, along with Rak Razam, a member from Santo Diame and one of the John Hopkins psylocybin researchers are all interviewed. It promises to be an interesting program! :-)

The website says that it will air on Sunday at 5pm, but it is actually wrong. The day of airing is Saturday.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/encounter/mind-at-large/4570186

• Like 4

Sweet, I love Radio National, i'll check that out for sure.

With performance enhancing drugs at the centre of the recent investigations into sport, we turn this week to people who are taking hallucinogenic substances to aid their spiritual growth. We’ll explore this very 21st-century phenomenon by talking to a scientist about his research into mystical experiences; track the global expanse of spiritual tourism to the jungles of the Amazon to experience a brew called ayahuasca; find out about a new religion, influenced by Catholicism, that uses a psychedelic as the sacrament; and meet a man who recently ate magic mushrooms on the steps of Parliament House in Melbourne to shine a light on laws that challenge his religious freedom.

lol what?

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/encounter/mind-at-large/4570186

• Like 1

Yea, ayahuasca is only some new fan-dangled drink. All the cool kids are doing it. Didn't ya know?

• Like 2

HA! I didn't notice that Distracted. Apparently, timeless practices can now be referred to as 'very 21st century'. Great show though! I loved it and thought everyone did an amazing job!

I'm noticing they're playing promos for the podcast on RN atm, heard it at midday today :)

look forward to listening to this...I subscribe to quite a few RN podcasts, but would have missed this one.

Downloaded via link provided about, thank you. Sounds like a good programme.

Edit: fantastic. What a great programme. Throroughly enjoyed listing to that.

Edited by kindness
  • Like 1