The Corroboree
QuantumReality

Free Hylocereus undatus seeds (Dragonfruit)

So my mate gifted me a bag of white fleshed, Red Dragonfruit, a few weeks ago, of which I ate a few and put them in smoothies etc yum yum, and the rest of them I harvested the seed from. So now I have an abundance of seed. More than I could EVER use. These sprout very easily.

I've got 20 packs of about 40 seeds to give away. After that (if it exceeds) a SSAE will be needed :)

This offer will be ongoing.

Thanks

QR

• Like 2

I would love a couple add to my garden. Thanks QR for the generosity towards the community. PM'ed

• Like 1

I would like to try them,thanks mate

• Like 1

yes please QR :lol:

lemme know if you need my address again, cheers!

• Like 1

Hi QR - that sounds fun, I'd love to give them a try! Did it take you long to clean all those seeds??

• Like 1

Yes please QR would love to get my garden pumpin again!

• Like 1

Hey ID, well at first it was a bit of a lenghty process seperating the gluggy pulp from the seed as it was almost "fish egg" like, though repetition is key for finding the best ways of doing things hey :)
I would scoop the pulp out and smear it on a plate carefully without crushing the seed, then let it dry out a bit, then I would soak the lot for a little bit inside a strainer sitting in a bowl of water. Then I would take the strainer out of the water and let it dry out a bit, then repeat the soak, then I would tip back onto the plate, let it dry a bit to minimize the pulp as much as possible before I put the seed back into the strainer to soak again. By then all the pulp has seperated so its easy to remove it, whilst in soak. After that, I just let the seed dry and theyre ready for planting.

Ive had really good germ rates! :)

• Like 1

As for separating seed, there are a few threads with various techniques. My tek is to spread them out on newspaper and using the edge of a metal ruler I scrape the seeds along the paper, so that they roll around and around and leave a big wet smear behind them.

After a few scrapes the sticky gel stuff just seems to disappear, It has all stuck to the paper. After that I let them go completely dry on a china plate for a few days.

EDIT: seeds gone now

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

Hi HD, thanks for that info, I'll have to give that a go for sure.

I would definately like some red fleshed dragonfruit seed, would you be interested in trading a few? :)

Anything special required for germination QR? Pots filled with an ~80% seed raising mix bottom layer and a ~10% sand layer on top would be fine?

Im sure that would work great endorfinder.

For my 1st germinations I used a tek of putting them between 2 bits of damp tissue in a take away food container, and put them on my heat mat, getting natural indirect light. Only took them a few days to germ.

At the moment Ive got some in seed raising trays filled with equal parts seed raising soil mix and coarse sand. I just sprinkled the seeds over the top and put a very thin layer of sand over the top. I put that into a plastic bag with a support and once again put that on my heat mat for a few days and germ'd the seeds :)

• Like 1

pm'd if not too late, failed miserably with seeds bought on the net, love to try again.

• Like 1

If ya still got would love to try my thumbs at this.

• Like 1