The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wagonwheel

law re: powdered psilocybin far more severe than just dried in Vic

Hi guys,

I've just been reading about the law regarding psilocybin and discovered something that I think

is very important, at least for people in Victoria and quite possibly all other states.

I found a link Amazonian posted stating that 0.15g of Psilocybin is a traffickable quantity,

and given that since '97 in Vic the drug laws state that the full weight of any drug in powdered

form is considered the actual weight of the drug regardless of any inactive ingredients its mixed

with, this would imply that being found in possession of one conservative 'level 2' dose of

cubensis powder would be seen as over 8 times the traffickable quantity; and over 5 times the

indictable amount (assuming 4-8 mg/g of Psilocybin in cubensis [≈0.008% of total weight]). In

contrast, you'd need approx 14 single trip doses worth of simply dried cubensis mushrooms to

be technically considered in possession of traffickable amount.

Pretty scary hey.

I'm not sure if this powdered legislation exists in all states, or even if it's likely to be actually taken

seriously by any judge if someone had an amount that was for clearly for personal use given the

dosage, but I thought i'd post this since I'd hate to hear of someone falling victim to such an absurd

law.

My piss would have had more psilocybin in it than that, the day after a bender. :shroomer:

Back in the day :wink:

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 6

So uhhh.. what would hypothetically happen if you stored fungi in honey?

Also, what if you have a bag of fungi, and it inadvertently becomes powdered after being in a backpack / whatever?

What is 'powdered'?

Fuck these kinds of laws are stupid.

Edited by SYNeR

SYNeR I couldn't find anything with a quick google but I remember the concept was challenged in a US court once with the hypothetical situation of someone possessing LSD on a boat who flushed the drugs, would they then be charged with the entire weight of the ocean? Similarly a rock of cocaine dropped into a swimming pool at a party gone bad? I think they might have made the case for not charging based on paper weight of blotter, but obviously that's as far as things went since most places still count adulterant in weight.

Wagon wheel there was a case in queensland (i'm pretty damn sure) where a man was charged with possessing 20g of dried mushrooms, the prosecuting attorney tried charging him with possession of a commercial quantity of psylocybin, over 10,000 doses, the judge dismissed the charges and warned the prosecutor not to pull that shit again. He was also caught with a few kilograms of bud and leaf... but that's another story.

That was dried mushrooms, not powdered though and in a different state

• Like 1

That was dried mushrooms, not powdered though and in a different state

just like coke doesn't count if it's rock? ;)

Good to here it didn't float in a court, Distracted, although it's very sad to

think that something like this is dependent on a sensible judge rather than

rational legislation.