The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

North Korea threatens US with nuclear attack

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2013/03/20133710449989855.html

North Korea has vowed to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the US, hours ahead of a UN vote on whether to level new sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test.

North Korea has accused the US of using military drills in South Korea as a launch pad for a nuclear war and hasscrapped the armistice with Washington that ended hostilities in the 1950-53 Korean War.

"Since the United States is about to ignite a nuclear war, we will be exercising our right to pre-emptive nuclear attack against the headquarters of the aggressor in order to protect our supreme interest," the North's foreign ministry spokesman said in a statement carried by the official KCNA news agency.

I think they are just putting on facade

Has any one heard of their alleged fake town?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kijong-dong

I really do not understand the Sth Korean govt allowing US troops in, they rape the young University girls and even when it is proven the soldiers do not get in trouble they get reposted somewhere else. Student riots are usually about US troops and the rape of students, the students are just decending their human rights and tehy get shot at ffs.

I think that there's a distinct possibility that they are silly enough to try their luck.

The US would eradicate NK off the map if they were daft enough to set off one of their firecrackers in an act of war. Some of the US's miniaturised weapons are likely far more devastating than whatever Kim Jong Un and co would be bringing to the table.

• Like 1

I think that there's a distinct possibility that they are silly enough to try their luck.

The US would eradicate NK off the map if they were daft enough to set off one of their firecrackers in an act of war. Some of the US's miniaturised weapons are likely far more devastating than whatever Kim Jong Un and co would be bringing to the table.

• Like 1

Gee, Dennis Rodman's visit did a lot of good, didn't it?

• Like 2

The UN and other world leaders need to all have a sit down circle

And have a brew. Chat to Mrs Caapi.

I am sure with dissolved egos and a reality check we are actually all

One with infinite love.....the world might kinds become a better place.

But then again I could be wrong......

Nuclear war hey...

Back to the stone might be such a bad idea...

I bet trichos will live on and survive ground zero.;)

• Like 2

I think NK would be very silly to start a nuclear war, they couldn't possibly have the technology to destroy the US/West like they have to destroy NK. It's almost like schoolyard politics :BANGHEAD2:

BlownG,

I'm watching that vid you posted and so far I find it very interesting, albeit somewhat hypocritical. I pretty much agree with everything that has been said in it so far (13 minutes in).

I think NK would be very silly to start a nuclear war, they couldn't possibly have the technology to destroy the US/West like they have to destroy NK. It's almost like schoolyard politics :BANGHEAD2:

BlownG,

I'm watching that vid you posted and so far I find it very interesting, albeit somewhat hypocritical. I pretty much agree with everything that has been said in it so far (13 minutes in).

I think it would be unwise to underestimate N.K when they have a very close neighbour in China, how could we say they have nothing lime what the states have when China has no qualms about selling anything to anyone, even if its their own enemies. N.K being so recluse and secretive could hav develloped superior weaponry, really how the hell would we know, just because the american egomaniacs have a button doesnt mean the N.K does not, we only hear what the media tells us about N.K, and i will never trust that source. Edited by in_spirit
  • Like 1

I think it would be unwise to underestimate N.K when they have a very close neighbour in China, how could we say they have nothing lime what the states have when China has no qualms about selling anything to anyone, even if its their own enemies. N.K being so recluse and secretive could hav develloped superior weaponry, really how the hell would we know, just because the american egomaniacs have a button doesnt mean the N.K does not, we only hear what the media tells us about N.K, and i will never trust that source.

They have nothing. Only the largest infantry in the world.

quoted my own post...go figure?

Edited by mr b.caapi
  • Like 1

BlownG,

they do make a few valid points

they do make a few valid points

yes they do. Thats it i'm defecting. Anyone else?

• Like 1

They have nothing. Only the largest infantry in the world.

They have the biggest threat of all - terror. Enforced by media. But you're right, they are a small nation, isolated and probably with very little to trade (maybe China has offered a few tidbits to keep the Americans paranoid and distracted but it wouldn't be enough to threaten China itself) and no easy trade routes. If the Middle East has supplied them with weapons it might be another matter, but I'm sure China wouldn't - Beijing is right across the border and other major cities are very close.

I don't really know much about it but I think that if NK was a genuine threat it would have been dealt with years ago.

In fact, NK is probably kept the way it is by both China and America, poor suckers - in order that the superpowers can keep weapons pointed at each other - "no, they're not really about you it's all about that massive existential threat NK and their crazy dictatorship".

In the meantime, millions die of famine just to keep the superpowers tooled up. Sickening.

In fact, NK is probably kept the way it is by both China and America, poor suckers - in order that the superpowers can keep weapons pointed at each other - "no, they're not really about you it's all about that massive existential threat NK and their crazy dictatorship".

In the meantime, millions die of famine just to keep the superpowers tooled up. Sickening.

It has nothing to do with the U.S and China. It is a hard line Juche philosophy which is extreme nationalism / totalitarian at its worst.

They used to have a stalanism type communist plan in place , like China did, but have since changed. No other country is making them do the things they do,

they are constantly being offered aid by both the U.S and china to abort their destructive ways but they refuse and let the impoverished people die.

I think it would be unwise to underestimate N.K when they have a very close neighbour in China, how could we say they have nothing lime what the states have when China has no qualms about selling anything to anyone, even if its their own enemies. N.K being so recluse and secretive could hav develloped superior weaponry, really how the hell would we know, just because the american egomaniacs have a button doesnt mean the N.K does not, we only hear what the media tells us about N.K, and i will never trust that source.

I appreciate your point but something tells me that if NK had some revolutionary technology which would make them competitive against the West then things would be very different now. The only nuclear technology that I could think of that would ensure they don't get blown off the face of the Earth would be something like the ability to remotely disarm nukes while keeping theirs active or something that the west couldn't even imagine but then if NK had that they'd sell it to China and China would probably have ended the US.

Like I said in my it's all pretty childish at the end of the day. I seriously don't get how we are all told as kids at school not to hit someone back even if they hit us because fighting is bad yet as you grow up that's all you ever see our world leaders doing.

• Like 1

I appreciate your point but something tells me that if NK had some revolutionary technology which would make them competitive against the West then things would be very different now. The only nuclear technology that I could think of that would ensure they don't get blown off the face of the Earth would be something like the ability to remotely disarm nukes while keeping theirs active or something that the west couldn't even imagine but then if NK had that they'd sell it to China and China would probably have ended the US.

Like I said in my it's all pretty childish at the end of the day. I seriously don't get how we are all told as kids at school not to hit someone back even if they hit us because fighting is bad yet as you grow up that's all you ever see our world leaders doing.

Yeah thats one of the ways the powermongers (they arent leaders) gain control of the masses, teach us not to do it so we think its wrong to fight, then use force to ensure we live by their rule, police force military forces etc,you know do as i say not as i do!

China isn't backing NK on this one (they're more interested in US trade relations than saving NK's hide) and based on USGS data the maximum theoretical yield of NK's weapons is 40kt which barely rates a mention (it's not even twice what the US's first test was in 1945). The reasons that the US maintains nuclear superiority are complex but the main factors are their huge R&D budget, their delivery systems and their huge stockpile of tactical warheads.

The maximum theoretical yield of NK's weapons strongly indicates that they haven't got to the stage of developing thermonuclear weapons (the "H-bomb") which means they are in grave trouble if they start anything. China wants to keep things at status quo so that they have NK as a buffer to US militar operations and so that they can make more money.

Look at this rehearsed crap here.... unfucknbelievable !