The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Slippery_Noodle

Sceletium tortuosum - questions

hello,

I just read myself an interesting report on erowid saying that Sceletium tortuosum is legal and gives a bit of a pot buzz. i was wondering if anyone woudl like to enlighten me to weather or not it is legal here in australia, where i might be able to get some and if you have tried it what were your experiances. Also anyone with any information as to what the active chemical is woudl much be apreciated. thanks

It is legal here in Oz.

I have cuttings that I am growing out but I have had trouble with progagating them lately. They seem to struggle and die all of a sudden. Maybe it is going through a dormancy period and thus not responsive to cutting propagation. email me and I'll send you a rooted cutting when I have some sturdy ones.

The effect is more uplifting and energizing, makes you enjoy social occasions as you get quite talkative. I have heard from a pixie that it goes well with a scoob. Making the dope quite pleasant, less negative and makes it last a bit longer pluss more intense.

But it seems to have a different effect for everyone. Some getting strong effects from small pieces (6-8 leaves + the stem) and others not noticing much from the same plant section.

Sceletium contains mesembrine, mesembrenone, mesembrenol and tortuosamine. Mesembrine being the most active and with some research indicating serotonin-uptake inhibiting effects.

Some info on it here http://www.sceletium.org/ and I'm sure google.com will give you loads of other links

i was having trouble with cuttings recently too. not enjoying my normal success rate. trying to walk that fine line between damping off and water deprivation.

Ah, I feel better now. It seemed that everyone

was saying how easy it was to propagate this

from cuttings and I failed to get either of

mine to root.

Anyone willing to sell me a rooted specimen?

Noticed the same.

I also tried cutting off all of the green stems and potting up the bare root and stem, without much luck. No buds appeared from the hard wood for regrowth, or it died of shock.

The hardwood cuttings without green, live stems also didn't root. The best still seems to be soft, fresh growth for cutting material.

Too much water seems to be a problem and they also wilt easily from to dry conditions.

Also, my potted and garden grown plants still haven't flowered, maybe it is a winter thing for them?

Anyone else experience anything different?

[ 26. February 2003, 16:52: Message edited by: Ed Dunkel ]

mine are producing stacks of flowers, so hopefully i'll have some more seedgrown plants next season. at this time of year it seems to be a numbers game ie i'll take plenty of cuttings but only a portion will survive, the best method so far has been to keep the cuttings reasonably dry and shaded, then again all this is going on in a hothouse at forty five plus degrees. somnif i can get a plant to you, with roots, in a pot not for cashish (hardly worth it) but a trade could be beneficial for both conspirators, PM if agreeable.

[ 27. February 2003, 21:12: Message edited by: waterdragon ]

when i got my plant from ed i potted it into a fairly small pot.it soon grew quite leggy,so i planted the pot halfway into a shrub tub. the leggy branches have now started to root and send up new branches,so i assume i can split up new plants as i need.

growing under 50% shade cloth.

t s t .

Yep, detatch the rooted branches. They should grow on very well.

I'm going to try cuttings again, just to see if the wilting problem is less (hoping the dormancy period is over, if that was the problem)