The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

:huh:

:huh: Edited by Rev

it would nearly be easier to post things in stages ie a series of letters than to go the package route. i've had endless streams of seeds arrive from distant lands but today i gets the aqis letter for a package of seeds that they've seized, fifty grams of unlabelled seed - the curiousity is killing me as i don't know who sent 'em or what they were. bet i'll be properly cross when i find out though.

if they are not ID verified then they are more likely to be opened on the way out. So far less than 1% of all mail (incl parcels) was opened by customs/quarantine on the way out. That compared to about 10% of parcels and 0% for letters.

Since terrormania things have changed and the incoming parcel (incl padded envelopes) inspection is about 50%, while letters are about 3%. Outgoing inspections did not increase and would be a financial nightmare. By eliminating all ID verified parcels they can pass 90% of all mail wihout needing to look at it. That way they have more resources for the 10%.

Kinda stupid system, cos suicide bombers prolly don't give a shit if their ID is known. Also, fake ID would not be hard to come by in thos circles.

And if it were something explosive and it exploded, the return address would be kinda hard to reconstruct, hey :)

DL, thank you for being a smart ass

actually, when you post the item, your address is registered with the barcode on the box sticker. They don't have to read the address, but they need to be able to read the barcode. I am sure that in the future all mail will be registered before going on a plane, so that they will narrow it down pretty well.

Torsten

I don't know (a good start) if my order was ID:eed or not, but has it arrived ? :(

If it has, have you managed to send the items on it back up here ?

I haven't received anything yet. I could go and ask from post office, if I know that it has succesfully left AUS. If it did, what day was it ?

It was a 10 item containing order.

The "problem" is that in two weeks I'll be off here, and can be difficult to get it from 600 km away, and if it's (package)bouncing back and forth between south and north (finland).

Thanx. :)

Papa

Guest mandragora

l

Edited by mandragora

Pap somnia -I think I got your order the other day. I think it was by registered mail, which takes ages. So no, it hasn't been sent yet.

e-mail me with your details to confirm. It's not appropriate in the forum.

Fiu ! :) Thanx guys. Hearing that made me a bit more relaxed.

I can't scan the exact order right now, bec I don't have access to scanner at the moment and I don't have the print with me, but I'll send it to you Torsten, asap.

Torsten, have you received my email ?

Just wanna make sure, it hasn't lost in the byte bahn :) Or gone to byte heaven/hell...

Jee jee jerry cotton

hey chief, sent you an email.

brian:

hey chief, sent you an email.

Thats another way of saying it :)