The Corroboree
newageshaman

B. Cappi Info

Hello again :) I was looking at growing a few vines and just had a few questions. firstly i was wondering the legality of growing B. Cappi in Queensland as i have found lots of different info some saying it is legal to grow as long as you don't have the vine ready for preparation? others saying that if you are caught growing B. Cappi you can get in as much trouble as if you were trafficking heroin (Obviously if this is the case then i won't bother). Secondly if it is legal is it a noxious growing vine that could take over my garden and choke out other native vegetation (something i don't wont happeing). Lastly would it be worthwhile growing them in pots and having the vine on a custom made trellis rather then having them growing in the ground as i would like to be able to take the plant with me if i end up moving.

Thank you in advance

1. may be technically illegal based on active constituents but so are native acacias so *shrug*

2. no. it grows fast but won't become a pest. not that i really know how too much caapi could be thought of as a pest....

3. yep, easily - better to keep them outside in filtered light or maybe 3-4hrs direct sun/day max.

• Like 1

Thanks heaps endofinder I believe I will start growing some. AlsO i forgot to ask when would be the best time to propagate from seed, from what I've read spring is tr best time (correct me if I'm wrong)

:edited for spelling:

Edited by newageshaman

I have no idea about growing caapi from seed, but if you check the search engine I'm sure it's been covered.

Cuttings are a much more efficient way of propagating caapi, unless you're specifically looking for new genetic specimens with desirable traits. A member was selling some cuttings recently, it's still on the front page of seed and plant exchange - get in touch with him to see if he has any left perhaps :)

• Like 1

i will check the forums about propagating from seed :) and yeah i have read it is quite easy from cutting but i think i will try from seed first

And if I am unsuccessful at getting seed to grow I may buy a live plant form SAB :)