The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
in_spirit

Same love

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OQngzapK5dM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOQngzapK5dM

Heard this song and bought the album, very powerful song which might even chnnge society. I hope!Anyone heard it, comments welcome..

Edited by in_spirit

Yeah its nice huh?

I begrudgingly put up with listening to the radio cause my partner likes it, but this artist is clearly someone who can instigate change and i value that very highly.

As for changing society, i think they have a relatively limited demographic (young people) and will fail to reach the ears of those people who need to hear stuff like this the most.

Their other single about thrift shops is really quite clever too, hopefully making the 'cool kids' think twice about how much money they waste on mass-produced, tacky clothing.

Wait til you hear their song about sneakers. Really against consumer society, i love it

• Like 1

Really like some of their songs. Clever and funny lyrics whilst having important messages.

Tickets for the Sydney show were going for almost $200 on an auction site!!!!!

Hopefully they don't blow up too quick and lose their roots.

Wait til you hear their song about sneakers. Really against consumer society, i love it

Im not sure if that was a joke but the film clip for that song has obvious advertising for nike. I hadnt heard of this group before so maybe im missing something

Or is that the new thang to do? Fight consumerism by getting paid by huge companies that promote consumerism?

Lol, maybe.

Lions in sheep's clothing... Or is it sheep in lion's clothing?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OQngzapK5dM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOQngzapK5dM

Heard this song and bought the album, very powerful song which might even chnnge society. I hope!Anyone heard it, comments welcome..

I'd heard this on the radio but never paid much attention. Just watched the clip and read the lyrics - awesome. A beautiful song and a beautiful film clip. I hope my kid will grow up to see a world where we are all considered equal.

Edited by Alice

The nike thing was apparently negotiated after the song was made, and in an interview expresses the view that perhaps nike wouldnt have joined as a sponser if they actually understood the real meaning of the lyrics - that said doesnt mean that im saying they arent a sell out thats up to the Fans to decide for themselves :P

Edited by -YT-
  • Like 1

Im not sure if that was a joke but the film clip for that song has obvious advertising for nike. I hadnt heard of this group before so maybe im missing something

Or is that the new thang to do? Fight consumerism by getting paid by huge companies that promote consumerism?

Or even better - getting paid the big bucks by the company and ideals you are speaking out against and them not even knowing it!!!!

Maybe you need to hear the lyrics and not just listen to them, yes he names nike he says how he was sucked in by the hype and then some kid was killed for his shoes, he then says 'just another pair of shoes' but he is 'trying to take his off'. He might be paid for naming nike but i cant imagine the song getting poople to buy the shoes???? I don't know?

• Like 1