The Corroboree
bogfrog

The cutest SABling competition

My legendary reindeer Pullover. Was the style king in kindergarten with it. :lol:

attachicon.gif1 IMG_1140.jpg

Me and Chimp Hansen. Miss ya buddy.

attachicon.gif2 IMG_1135.jpg

Yeah, you could see where it would go pretty early...

attachicon.gifa1113073f6d744849c6e7640169263775b020110.jpg

That last photo looks very 'Fear and Loathing', no hope for you EG ha ha!

• Like 1

Lol EG gets 1 of my 3 votes. Certainly shows some character!

Will find my kitten-watering pic 2mrw. I also have a 'wake n bake with mum' pic i'll put up, she has 1 year old me in one hand and big doobie in the other.

• Like 1

Aw i thought you were in with a chance there Psylo, that was a pretty cute smile.

The winner could be judged by having the highest number of 'likes'

So if you want to vote for someone's photos, you do so by 'liking' it.

Maximum 3 pictures per person and maximum 3 likes/ votes per member.

1, i'm more grumpy as usual, because i stopped my medications 4 weeks ago, and bought something very expensive which is faulty and i have to return, including other mishaps.

2, eg, has voted 5 times, hillibillos has voted 5 times, and ethereal has voted at least 7 times, and this only includes the votes for the pic, and not other "likes" used in this thread.

3, i got 2 votes of ethereal, but with diferent posts, don't know if thats fair. better would have been all 3 pics in one reply, sorry for that.

4, we don't know who are the +1, or +4 others, but it could be somebody who voted aswell, already 3 times.

5, people who gave away many, "like this", seem to have recieved aswell "like this" from those people, which they honoured before.

in short, i like you, if you like me.

6, i gave away by now, zero like this, and very likely, recieved for this reason less, likes this.

people stick to the rules given above.

WHAT GOOD, IS THE "LIKE THIS" FEATURE, IF THE MAIN DRIVING FORCE BEHIND IT IS, I AM NICE TO YOU, SO YOU ARE NICE TO ME???

and sidetracking here enormously but, what good is the "like this" feature, if one on top of what i said above, aswell almost only get's you "like this" if you wrotte something funny?

we are a ethno forum, apart from in chill space or in threads like this one, "likes" should be MORE given for saying something ethno related, and not for just posting a funny picture, which was downloaded from the net in the 1st place anyway.

go ahead and stone me, i got nothing against humor, but many people here would think, the people with the most "likes" know the most about ethnobotany, and this is not the case.

thank god though, many of the best jokers around, do know aswell, a lot about plants.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 4

Oh the drama, yet again in another lighthearted thread, destroyed by sensitivities !

YOu need to relax and enjoy the thread for what it is.

jumping to the gun, aren't you?

don't judge what not has even happend.

i guess rules never apply to you psylo.

edit:

oh, you are psylodread, ups yep, i should have ignored your input.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 3

it's easy to spot the married couples in this forum isnt it? LOL =P

• Like 1

it's easy to spot the married couples in this forum isnt it? LOL =P

i think, i understand, hehehe.

you say, the married show far more tolerance.

• Like 1

i LIKE that =) hehhe.

Ok the 'like' idea was obviously not well thought through. Fail.

I will just create a poll with all the usernames who entered pics and people can vote that way.

Ok the 'like' idea was obviously not well thought through. Fail.

I will just create a poll with all the usernames who entered pics and people can vote that way.

no, please don't, change anything.

YOU DID, think it thru very well, but others just didn't lissen to your instructions, DON'T TAKE THE BLAME.

following ghosties input (i can be a fast learner), i assume you are the one who pulls the tail in, in the marriage, ok, love, but not at the forums please.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 3

3, i got 2 votes of ethereal, but with diferent posts, don't know if thats fair. better would have been all 3 pics in one reply, sorry for that.

Can also just add together all votes for any members who have posted their three pics in different posts.

zac, stopp it, your likes give me a stiffy, and I declare now, I WILL STILL GIVE YOU NO, "I LIKE" FOR YOUR PIC, HEHEHE.

• Like 2

1. Yeah havent really read that this is a serious competition so i voted more than three times. :blush: 2. Thought this is just for the lulz and i think that would have been the better option. 3. Will check the Posts WITH PICS and will only keep the three that i like the most. (Sorry to the guys that get their likes removed again) 4. I like whatever picless post i want and no one will stop me from doing that. They shouldnt be part of the competition anyway.

5. I will kick everyones Ass who derails this Thread as it is a cute one so please keep it together and friendly guys.

Edit: And 6. Im not taking part in the competition anyway guys so relax. Prize goes to the second Winner if i should win. Wanted to write this earlier but i didnt get to it yet.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Im not taking part of the competition anyway guys so relax. Prize goes to the second Winner if i should win. Wanted to write this earlier but i didnt get to it yet.

Likewise, often times seeds I am given end up lying around until they are no longer viable. I sometimes grab a single seed pack that I can focus on, but a haul of interesting seeds would probably go to waste on me.

• Like 1

Edit (all good things come to an end)

Fun comp, Thanks bogfrog :)

Edited by DreamTimeBliss
  • Like 2

PH, i fail to see why i need your permission to alter a faulty system.

You can allude to my submissive nature if you like, although remember what draws out the victim in people is a bully.

I was just trying to create something light-hearted and *cute*

In my enthusiasm i over-looked important details.

I'm not looking for a shit fight.

Yes i greatly over-estimated people's ability to pay attention to detail, hence the mess, and i think the best way to resolve it is to have a poll, including usernames as they enter.

1 vote each, thats it.

Sure some people dont want the seeds, thats perfectly fine, although others may want them.

If you dont want the seeds just say so and i wont include you in the poll.

Everyone can like to their hearts content.

well said bogfrog. if people got me wrong as they often do, what i was meaning to say in my never serious light hearted nature is this "this is not FB, it's not about the all-important likes. it's about bringing the community together through laughs and history of ourselves and our pasts and personalities". a great idea, as i have said. i think we all assumed our votes didnt count on pic-less posts. this, to me seems obvious. the prize, while awesome! is light-hearted too, because i know most, if not all here are like me and will offer many of the winning seeds round here for others, or grow to them to share more seeds here in future. i could add a quote here we would all know im sure- "nothing is lost". ok, back to this cool game. all the best fine people =)

• Like 1

PH, i fail to see why i need your permission to alter a faulty system.

You can allude to my submissive nature if you like, although remember what draws out the victim in people is a bully.

I was just trying to create something light-hearted and *cute*

In my enthusiasm i over-looked important details.

I'm not looking for a shit fight.

Yes i greatly over-estimated people's ability to pay attention to detail, hence the mess, and i think the best way to resolve it is to have a poll, including usernames as they enter.

1 vote each, thats it.

Sure some people dont want the seeds, thats perfectly fine, although others may want them.

Everyone can like to their hearts content.

i tried to support you, and tried to be humorous, about who rather gives up, in a dispute.

never did i use the words permission or submissive, what you do sounds like pas...

neither do i look for a shitfight.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1

Polls are better because the first posts get more likes anyway. I'd put a pic up but

1/ I don't have one

2? There isn't a prize for the ugliest little angel

3- I already liked planthelper (does he get a prize for the crankiest SABling?

3.1 Lederhosen is cheating anyway

4: I don't agree with "cutism" it's unfair to all the average people

5> Yes

6+I like getting lots of random notifications it makes me feel involved

7&I like Bogfrog

8=Drugs make you a bit mad

9@

Edited by whitewind
  • Like 3

Bogfrog, this is not about not wanting something. My main reason for me not being overly involved in Seed prizes is mainly because of custom concerns. I pretty much only trade cactus seeds as they usually dont cause problems with the german customs. I liked the Idea of the Thread a lot as it is one of the sweetest Threads we had here recently so i am rather displeased to see how this is going. Like with every competition, sometimes things dont go so smoothly so it is important to keep an eye on everything. But this isnt a big deal. Like i´ve perfectly proven myself, people sometimes dont get the rules right and it shouldnt be a problem for people to correct their votes as everyone can unlike a post he or she made. I dont like the general idea of a Poll for this Thread as it kinda takes away a bit of the charme. But im happy with it no matter what because i posted my pics for the lolz.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

aint seen a pic here in a while...

Edited by ghosty

A little too old to be a 'cute' picture, but I reckon it's a pretty cool pic:

zachair.jpg

• Like 3