The Corroboree
Darklight

Filter patch bags with injection ports? Anyone got a few spare?

I'm running a demo on inculating spawn bags for some people who are looking to do myco work with groups who don't have lab access ( mostly overseas ). These people have a long, successful, established track record with working with communities to provide sustainable food supplies and they're looking at expanding that concept with myco products in their food forests.

I'm figuring that the best way to do this could be to work with myco syringes, providing that there are no import restrictions for either myco or syringes in the places where they run workshops. Apparently most of these places have pressure cookers, so sterilising spawn won't be a problem as long as we can organise a suitable substrate that they can reliably access ( kitty litter for woodlovers, wild bird seed... we'e still not sure... that's next )

Grain bags can then be used to drill/ inoculate logs or newspaper rolls

These looked interesting:

http://unicornbags.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/26/products_id/40

5" x 4" x 18" filter patch with silicon injection port

But I don't need a thousand of them. I need a dozen to run a proof of concept demo for them just to see how it will roll and how easy it is to teach.

Does anyone have a spare dozen filter patch bags with injection ports ( pref of that size ) they can post me? Demo is being run gratis, but happy to pay for the bags.

• Like 1

Don't think I have a dozen stray, but if unsuccessful in sourcing ported ones I can see what I have of standard filter patch bags that could be ghetto teked with the likes of RTV silicon.

• Like 1

Thanks :) I can get standard filter patch bags no wuckas, but I'd rather not ghettto tek the injection ports at this point.

Ghetto tek is fine for us here with a basic myco knowledge but I'm not confident that n00bs and ppl whose immediate priorities can be very different wouldn't dislodge the ports accidentally if they were to shift the bags around a lot. I like to give ppl every chance of success in the early stages :) But cheers for the offer

• Like 1