The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
El Presidente Hillbillios

Have you ever met a propper shaman?

You hear the word shaman in our circles alot.

Have you ever met anyone you consider to be a real shaman? Tell us your story!

velvet siren from this forum. i learned SO much from that guy, hes so humble. HE fits MY OWN mental image of what a shaman represents.

I really miss him. self proffessed aussie shaman shit me to freaking tears.

• Like 1

where has Velvet siren been, ?

Totally agree with Incog, VS is certainly a guy to be respected.

I met a guy once who did massage and a lot of other different types of energy work at the Subiaco markets years ago, (not where I met him) he had knowledge of my interests and things about me without asking any questions, he just came out and told me all this stuff about myself and my relationship at the time. Actually I wouldn't call him a shaman but he was maybe a clairvoyant.

I did spend some time in Peru with Percy Gonzales although Shamanism is his life so I guess you mean non indigenous.

I actually have a friend who is an artist who is the most connected white person I have probably met, he has some crazy stories of shapeshifting and meeting spirits although he doesn't really practice so much, he is just really tuned in.

This lady I met recently, who considered herself Wiccan, was by definition of the word a true healer and was able to, in about 10 minutes, completely change the course of my life.

She was an older lady, of about 50 or 60, and had this aura about her that felt like she was looking straight into you. She knew so much about me and about my behavior and attitude without me even saying much at all. She was able to give me advise on the things that I had been struggling with and able to point me in a direction and almost catapulted me into a new perspective and new path that I know is going to greatly assist me in the trials that I am currently facing and will face in the future.

Amazing lady, and I only hope that one day I will be able to play such a role in other people's lives.

Edited by Roopey
  • Like 1

I haven't. No harm looking but I think Carlos Castaneda made up the concept we have of a proper shaman. My highest expectations are to meet proper people.

• Like 2

Well there was this strange guy who just wandered up to my front porch one day and sat down with me and my mum. He introduced himself, made some very careful but acurate observations about who we were, where we were at and then told us he had come to see if we would like to hear some icaros.

We agreed so this guy sung to us for around half an hour, it was a strange but somewhat beautiful experience. I dont think that i would consider him to be a 'proper' shaman, because he seemed just as confused and dysfunctional as me or my mum although he certainly had an air of shamanic potential about him and clearly had 1st hand experience in the spirit world.

I later found out that he had been walking from the top of new zealand all the way to the bottom, towing this cart thing with these special healing crystals and healing people as he went.

There is also a woman i know who is a therapist and author who i would certainly consider to be a shaman. She is quite old, but with a razor sharp mind, and the incredible ability to share and clearly articulate the sort of wisdom which we can access in sacred-mind-space. It seems that her mind lives there in that sacred space and is able through her experience of the interconnectedness of existance to gradually bring others into the same space.

• Like 4

yes ,

2003 - Ex girlfriends dad was a Paraguayan Shaman 60+yrs. He taught me to many things. I was 23 at the time.

I followed his teachings. He was first step into Shamanism. Changed my life. Still to this day I use wisdoms and herbs etc he introduced to me. He didn't use ethnos to travel or journey. He says he didn't need them.

2005 - Rio Napo - Amazon Ecuador

My life took a new path and i was drawn to South america. I took part in Ayahuasca ritual. Got cleansed with the whole smoke thing before drinking.

• Like 2

Many many hours on a plane to Ecuador from Western Australia , i met the shaman who is featured in this website , highly recommended , strong ,very insightful , just a good bloke ... Probably the best thing i have ever experienced so far ... i would love to go back , and may... Don Luis

http://www.napusamai-ayahuasca.com/#!__english/conosca-a...

Edited by bℓσωηG

Nothing here.

Any tips for hunting, IDing and harvesting?

• Like 1

That wild look in their eyes can give them away.

#1 Met a person once at a Doof.... definately wasnt the doof type... had the most insightfull life changing experience bacause of what he told me. That is the moment I began to really see with my mind. ((what he said was basically > everything is one > everything is energy > treat everything like you want to be treated. so with unconditional love and understanding)) but the thing that really grabbed my attention is that I was suddenly aware of more sublte energies.

#2 Few years later I went to Equador, where I met up with a curandero (shaman) and had Ayahuasca.... no real breakthroughs or anything spiritual........

• Like 1

I have been fortunate enough to sit in ceremony with an achuma curandero and a kambo practitioner.

Two of the most amazing nights of my life :drool2:

I have also drunk achuma and ayahuasca with 'facilitators' that were nothing like the real thing.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1