The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
unpossible

OutOfYourLoop

Hello and thanks for letting me join the website! I've done a lot of good reading here so far very interesting indeed ( on top of everything else).
I live with my girlfriend and best mate (sort of new age young hippies):P , but theres one thing we've had trouble with over the years and thats finding other enlightened souls around Sydney that we feel are similar to us!

Would anyone be able to suggest some ideas? Maybe some upcoming festivals or conventions where we would meet people such as yourselves? Or perhaps a regularly updated blog that posts events.

We're not too familiar with Sydney and we're sick of meeting regular 'drinkers' :)

Someone suggested we move to NIMBIN to mingle with the laid-back scene up there??? We don't want to move just yet! -THANKS! Much appreciated!

p.s - I attached one of my latest paintings for unnecessary viewing pleasure

post-11866-0-53748600-1359250694_thumb.j

post-11866-0-53748600-1359250694_thumb.jpg

post-11866-0-53748600-1359250694_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Wow thats a beautiful painting :)

The 'news and notices' thread seems to have regular updates regarding meets, gatherings and events that would perhaps be connected with this loop you're looking to mingle into.

I don’t really know anything about meeting other trippers in Sydney. But I will say that I think Nimbin is are bit of a dark place these days, though I won’t go into details and I’m sure a lot of good people reside there.

Mullumbimby would probably be well worth looking into, if you were to ever move somewhere for the purpose of an alternative lifestyle. That place is crazy awesome, never seen so many yuppies and full on bare footed hippies all in the one place at the same time in my life, lol.

• Like 1

Welcome unpossible. That's some frickin' schweet art. Get yourself along to meet. What Bogfrog said.^

we have a few meets and camps and stuff in sydney. Keep an eye on the forum, it wont be long before we have another one

count your blessings... this kinda shit would never happen in usa! lol maybe on facebook but not in an ethno forum lol

A fuckin true community here that knows how to make a newbie feel welcomed <3

so Welcome :) im pretty new at being active here too but from far away..

and yes that is very cool art!

• Like 3

Oh why thanks for replies!
I will regularly check those notices.
And Mullumbimby looks great in some photos. i might go for a trip ;)!

An upcoming meet hey? Sounds initial. Cheers folks!

Meanwhile ill keep painting new stuff :P check out my new little portfolio if you give a hoot http://www.theloop.com.au/SuperPsyke/portfolio/Visual-Artist/Sydney

• Like 1

h00t! Nice Work! you are incredibly talented! I cannot exxagerate this.. must have tons of practice ;)

I really enjoyed you sharing this thanks you :) The dream maker B)

Check out the thread in chill space titled 'Sydney plant swap' :)

OO will do. And thanks a bunch for the nice comments.
Spine collector! haha thankyou ive been practicing a few years now and I'm really just trying to figure out how to be loose as possible with my artworks, while never being restricted by others ;)

• Like 1