The Corroboree

They are NOT more valuable than seed grown/hard grown plants. Pretty sure someone already cleared that up in a post above. Not sure where you got that idea from, but it's incorrect.

OH AND.....tonic returnzzzz.........

• Like 1

water trades grafts are worth every penny not only is he super nice guy to do business with, but his grafts are always in magnificent health, i have purchased quite afew off him in previous times and was super impressed, infact i would still be buying them if i didnt have other financial priority's other then buying cacti...anyone who does business with WT will be a happy chap and appreciate his honesty!

Edited by applesnail
  • Like 1

Just to clarify. I wasn't saying WT's lophs aren't worth every penny they are priced at. He is a well known and respected member of the community and grows plants very well. If I can get some money together I will grab a few myself because I am interested in seed production. These are great for novice growers as they will tolerate mistakes more than a seed grown loph as they will have a fibrous root system to begin with when they are de grafted and re rooted. Not to mention the size.

Tonic, I would think that $75 sounds about right for a seed grown 5cm loph, which is about the same price as WT's grafts.

It's not that I'm calling anything out as being overpriced - quite the opposite. Jox, I think you gave me my answer with the early seed production point, cheers.

I don't know from personal experience, but 3 years is pushing the dogma on how long it's worth keeping loph's on pere - does this not matter if they are to be used as seed factories? i.e. propagation not growth is the idea from this point? Would the lophs still flower as vigorously if they were regrafted onto intermediate stock, say trichs?

The price of a loph is similar to the length of a piece of string conundrum... if you get what I mean. The grafted plants will have accelerated growth will most likely pup furiously and produce seed in a short time as well. Seed grown plants on there own roots are notoriously temperamental if conditions aren't right. I don't grow alot of loph because I kill them lol... but I have one on a peres graft which I overwater and treat like a tricho and it just keeps growing and pupping and looks really happy. Even if they are slightly more expensive (which I don't really think they are) you are paying for the luxury of success in my opinion.

• Like 1