The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
toast

Earth Freq festival

I'm heading to Earth Freq for the first time next month with my wife and son.

Looks to be a crackin festival.

Any other forum members going?

:lol:

I'm going too.

But going to need a lift from brisbane, and then back on the 18th.

First Earth Freq for me too.

Edited by obtuse

Double post, damn phone

Edited by toast

I'd love to help out Obtuse but my car will be full.

No travelling light with a 2 year old.

Would be cool to meet up there though

no problem toast. know what its like as ive been there and done that.

Would be good to meet up.

I suspect there may be a few other SAB or AE members there too.

We will most likely be heading up, still working out details with the extended family.

Providing we get out shite together in the next week or so we could give you a lift up OB, we will only have 6 on board at most & can carry 14 at a squeeze.

• Like 1

Hey guys Im heading there for sure! First Earth Freq for me since I have been overseas for the last 3 but not my first festival, the anticipation is building! Cant wait to dance :D

How will we recognize other forum members in the LED lit forest?

Edited by dalegardener

Providing we get out shite together in the next week or so we could give you a lift up OB, we will only have 6 on board at most & can carry 14 at a squeeze.

Hey Shortly, this would be sweet. happy to throw in for petrol money.

Getting pretty excited about this.

Looking forward to maybe meeting a few of the northern SAB members. should we organise a place and time to catch up?

It turns out i have a spare ticket, will post in the trade thread in a day or two. Pm me if interested.

Cheers, Ob.

Looking forward to maybe meeting a few of the northern SAB members. should we organise a place and time to catch up?

Yeah same.

I think a meeting time/ place is a great idea.

I don't know the layout of the site.

Perhaps we could meet at one of ethno themed workshops like Dan Shreibers or Ray Thorpe.

i should be there too, with son and lady in tow

weather permitting though - if it gets crazy wet we'll have to give it a miss, gets too difficult with the youngen

are you flying solo obtuse? we could possibly help with a lift, but be warned it involves sharing a 3hr trip with a 18mo :P

let us know if you're in need, it'll be cosy but we'll fit

looking forward to it

Since all the tickets sold in the past few weeks will be handed out at the gate instead of having been posted it will probably be a slow slow slowwwwww entry on the day.

Hey Ajna, im great man, im heading up with shortly.

Be great to catch up though, as suggested by someone maybe rays talk is a good place to cacth up. and then we can meet up at a later point in the weekend.

be nice to have a good SAB, and AE chinwag. if some-one wants to organise soemthing it would be good. or casual encounters are good too.

I'll see yas there.

Cheers, Obtuse.

What a fun party! I was very impressed with the organization this year.. It's really become a huge event over the last few years. It was lovely to run into you, Shortly. I hope you and Obtuse enjoyed the rest of the festival. Hopefully everybody got home safely and quickly. I heard some of the roads got flooded in up there.

Great place, great people, great tunes, great art, great times. It was an epic event that's for sure. Bummed I didn't catch any SAB/AE folk but there's always next year.

Going home through Kingham Road (National Parks, State Forest, a deer farm, epic hills covered in Xanthorhoea, cows, stunning creeks, rock formations, large scale flood evidence) was the icing on the cake.

• Like 3

Yeah i had a blast & i think Obtuse probably did as well.

Did you bail early Domide?

Dont know if the roads went under or not? They were passable if a little sloppy when we went through but it was raining at lot at the time.

Did anyone have any drama's at the RBT down at kilcoy?

great weekend, but quite dissapointed i didnt get to catch up with you lot either

missed a few other friends too!

i had been wondering how the rbt/rdt situ would go. saw about 3 vans with hairy drivers pulled aside when i went through

yeah speaking of blast, i lost a few cobwebs up that way, and they are not missed. while i left with what i took, i left behind some old emotional baggage and feel much better for a great weekend.

there is something about really trancing out to some good psy and working through stuff that just amazes me every time :D

Then to get to melbourne and see Einsturzende Neabauten just topped it off . WOW!!!! WOW!!!!

i ran into a couple of sab people, but would have loved to have had a chat to chat with you ajna. likewsie with Domide and Xenodimensional.

I guess there is next time, and just need to be more on the ball to organise a time and space, but from experience i know its hard to get plants heads in the same space at the same time, especially at an event like that lol.

Cheers, Ob.

Edited by obtuse
  • Like 1

Yeah, Shortly. I left early on the Sunday. I really wasn't prepared for the whole three days of socializing. Too many people and too much interaction for my shy little head.

I have to admit being a bit shy at times too. certainly doesnt help with my "single" status!

Damn domide, i wonder if you were one of the crew opposite me who left. you didnt happen to borrow my scissors did you?

I can relate to that Domide, that was one of the advantages of being camped up on the next hill over :)

There were several times near the workshop tent that you and Domide would miss each other by moments Obtuse, you both kept evaporating into the crowd.

Awesome festival but the missus pulled out at the last minute so it just just me and my boy.

Pretty stressful couple of days in all, well worth the trouble though.

Thankfully some friends were running a stall so we had somewhere to chill out.

Unfortunately didn't meet any forum members, I did see someone wearing an EGA shirt as I was about to leave but didn't talk to him.

yes i was wearing an ega t-shirt. were you and your son hanging out near the earth pod while Beatrice was on toast?

Damn, I knew I should have spoken to you.

I was pretty shagged at that point, was feeling antisocial and was keen to pack up and go.

I don't think we saw Beatrice. We did have a dance to Integer at Earth Pod just before leaving.

I saw you at a tent just across the road from mine as I was packing up early Sunday morning.

I had to leave early due to a family emergency.