The Corroboree
kuychi

Intro :)

hi everyone!

im new to the forum and i just wanted to introduce myself to all of you.

im kuychi and i joined the forum beacuse i know very little about plants but i want to learn everything there is! so please forgive my ignorance which i am quite sure will show much sooner than later, but plants is not the only reason i joined, i also joined because it seem to me you guys have an awesome community feeling going around, and all of which i ve read so far seems really interesting too

now ill tell you a bit about me....

well i love playing guitar and bass too, and i love mostly everything to do with music ( i am very close to buying a sax! sick!)

another of my hobbies is painting and drawing, i like reading a lot about all kinds of things but lately i ve found myself reading many history books, i ve always liked trees and plants i was always in awe of people who had the patience and technique to grow beautiful gardens and i have always been in love with forests. i like cats, tie dye clothes, tequila, talking with other people about dreams, smiling and many many other things i cant remember now

oh and i dream of going to machu pichu one day, anyone been?

looking foward to get to know all of you

kuychi

• Like 4

Hi Kuychi and welcome to this awesome forum :) I am sure you will fit right in here!

I would love to see some of your art work if you don't mine posting it xD

• Like 1

hi everyone!

im new to the forum and i just wanted to introduce myself to all of you.

im kuychi and i joined the forum beacuse i know very little about plants but i want to learn everything there is! so please forgive my ignorance which i am quite sure will show much sooner than later, but plants is not the only reason i joined, i also joined because it seem to me you guys have an awesome community feeling going around, and all of which i ve read so far seems really interesting too

now ill tell you a bit about me....

well i love playing guitar and bass too, and i love mostly everything to do with music ( i am very close to buying a sax! sick!)

another of my hobbies is painting and drawing, i like reading a lot about all kinds of things but lately i ve found myself reading many history books, i ve always liked trees and plants i was always in awe of people who had the patience and technique to grow beautiful gardens and i have always been in love with forests. i like cats, tie dye clothes, tequila, talking with other people about dreams, smiling and many many other things i cant remember now

oh and i dream of going to machu pichu one day, anyone been?

looking foward to get to know all of you

kuychi

Well pretty much everything you said there was like reading about myself, except the Sax part. ;)

Welcome mate !

• Like 1

Hello and welcome!

You will fit in nicely here, I insist of you taking pictures of your various projects and plants!

Also give your local nursery a visit and get one of them spiky things ;)

The members in Aus. seems to be very generous of free seeds - so keep your eyes open.

• Like 1

thank you jwerta, fluss and mr b.caapi you guys are making me feel very welcome already :)

i have only two of those beautiful spiky things, one is a trichocereus bridgesii and the other one is a little trichosereus Peruvianas, planning to expand my very little collection very soon though...

• Like 4

Awesome we need more cactaphiles

• Like 2

A west aussie and and has cacti :) Welcome

Our numbers are growing world domination is next :lol:

Cheers

Got

• Like 3

A west aussie and and has cacti :) Welcome

Our numbers are growing world domination is next :lol:

Cheers

Got

gallery_298_17_1836.gif

• Like 1

Welcome and greetings kuychi! :D

I think you will fit right in here, have a great time, learn a lot, teach a lot, etc. Just feel welcome, and that's all you need to do. :)

• Like 1

Hi Kuychi!

Do you feel at home already? Cause you automatically seem like one of the family ;)

I too would love to see some of your art, this community has many crafty, creative and beautiful minds.

Enjoy the ride :)

• Like 1

Welcome Kuychi :)

Any pictures of your art would be most welcomed, I love seing other peoples art and I can talk dreams all day (night?) long :)

Check out Amazonians show and tell thread for inspiration, she has nimble stone working fingers as well as a green thumb!

I'd love to be atop that lovely mountain too - have you seen this image?! http://www.petapixel.com/2012/11/16/shooting-the-highest-resolution-photo-ever-created-of-machu-picchu/

In the middle you can clik on the 16 gigapixel image and zoom in...

Are there any particular plants you'd like to collect? I like the dream herbs, Calea, Silene Capensis, Mugwort, Entada Reedii

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Kuychi :) :)

Enjoy this new journey you are about to begin.

Lots of great people here, knowledge, advice, generosity, friendship.

Plants rock !

Good to see you started with Trcihos. :wink:

Look forward to seeing your art posted.

trichoshaman

• Like 1

you asked if any has been to machu pichu ?

Yes I hiked the Inca trail in 2005 to Machu Picchu.

Its life time experience. You get to chew lots of the coca leaves too :P:drool2::) yum yum

• Like 1

Welcome to The Corroboree kuychi :)

Tequila huh.?!.. *Thinks of that tequila song...

I remember we use to collect the red hats from off the top of the bottles...like a competition to see who was more hard core,lol.

Check out Amazonians show and tell thread for inspiration, she has nimble stone working fingers as well as a green thumb!

Lol, thanks IndianDreaming , i am getting there (i enjoy it... its all that matters:) )

Just check out the all the content creativity sub-forum for inspiration... SAB has many creative people.

See you round the forum kuychi.

Edited by Amazonian

Thank you guys! And yes I feel most welcomed here :)

Omg trichoshaman you hiked the Inca trail! How i dream of that! I ve heard it is not for the faint hearted though, hehehe i was born in south America and i got to chew a lot of coca leaves XD

I look foward to speaking to you Indiandreaming about dreams (all night long if you wish)

Amazonian I have seen your work with jade before its quite amaizing

Thanks again guys you have made me feel very happy and welcome :) I'll be posting some of my work very soon

Edited by kuychi

Omg trichoshaman you hiked the Inca trail! How i dream of that! I ve heard it is not for the faint hearted though, hehehe i was born in south America and i got to chew a lot of coca leaves XD

si yo viajar suda america dos times

yea the second day on the inca trail has a high pass. It can be tough. But I am sure with your latin coca filled blood you will do fine ! :wink:

those mountains and ruins are truly beautiful.

Mucho gusto kuychi. dónde eres ?

I am guessing with the fact you use to chew coca you must be from an andean country...peru ? bolivia?

Edited by trichoshaman
  • Like 1

Speaking of coca chewing.

I snapped this pic of a poster I saw when I was in Bolivia.

Luv my coca leaf. Its worth the long flight across the pacific just to chill in mountains and chew leaves all day.

I wish I could grow here in my garden in sydney

post-11160-0-86282500-1357605372_thumb.j

post-11160-0-86282500-1357605372_thumb.jpg

post-11160-0-86282500-1357605372_thumb.jpg

mucho gusto trichoshaman.

I was actually born in Chile and I moved here five years ago, but coke and coca leaves are quite abundant in the whole of southamerica in chile they are not legal like they are in Bolivia or Peru but we still get them as with everything else hehe

even here un w.a i got my hands on some coca leave tea such i bought at happy hebs shop tried chewing them, but sadly they must be more processed because the bitter taste was there but not the effects.

Yeah ut is such an innocent little plant... But i am most certain it would be very illegal to bring even seeds over, or even have it in your garden, it is like that even in most south American countries. :( oh well only remedy is to get there i guess :)

Ah Chile...yes nice place. Plan to get there myself one day. The south and Patagonia looks amazing.

yes in La Paz you can buy small plastic bags full of fresh leaves on the street for next to nothing.

Works well to with abit of bicarb soda when chewing. :wink:

great when trekking or climbing in high altitude.

Its a shame they are illegal in Oz. Its such a sacred medicinal plant. Well I wont say anything more than that on the forum...... :P

• Like 1

thank you jwerta, fluss and mr b.caapi you guys are making me feel very welcome already :)

i have only two of those beautiful spiky things, one is a trichocereus bridgesii and the other one is a little trichosereus Peruvianas, planning to expand my very little collection very soon though...

Welcome kuychi.

I have some pyscho0 x pach or pach x pyscho0 seedling (can't remember which cross right now), you can have to get your cacti garden going if you want them.

They are quite established 10cm plus tall and spikey!

PM me if you are interested and i will get something in the post for you in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

Getafix

• Like 2

It is a shame they're unavailable - quite pretty plants too.

Hey kuychi - are there any particular plants you'd like to grow? I can send you some silene capensis seed if you like, and some cactus seeds to get you going. There's some great threads on here about the takeaway tek for growing cacti - pretty easy, bung some sand in a container, bit of water, nuke it, cool it, plant ur seeds and wait! Theres some real joy to be had when you see that first blob of green! If theres any other plants you really like just say the word and I'm sure a fellow SAB'er would he happy to point you in the right direction. Or jump on the SAB webstore and have a browse.

I just finished a book called advanced lucid dreaming with suppliments - pretty interesting read, I've tried a few and the results were really wild. I want to find Yohimbine - apparently thats a handy one in the lucid dreamers toolkit when used in minute doses. Any more than that and it acts as a stimulant in many ways.

Edited by IndianDreaming

Cacti, all the way, & these guys will look after you. :)

• Like 2

It is a shame they're unavailable - quite pretty plants too.

Hey kuychi - are there any particular plants you'd like to grow? I can send you some silene capensis seed if you like, and some cactus seeds to get you going. There's some great threads on here about the takeaway tek for growing cacti - pretty easy, bung some sand in a container, bit of water, nuke it, cool it, plant ur seeds and wait! Theres some real joy to be had when you see that first blob of green! If theres any other plants you really like just say the word and I'm sure a fellow SAB'er would he happy to point you in the right direction. Or jump on the SAB webstore and have a browse.

I just finished a book called advanced lucid dreaming with suppliments - pretty interesting read, I've tried a few and the results were really wild. I want to find Yohimbine - apparently thats a handy one in the lucid dreamers toolkit when used in minute doses. Any more than that and it acts as a stimulant in many ways.

Omg I love lucid dreaming, I have tried different techniques, you know counting fingers, asking myself repeatedly during the day weather I’m dreaming or not, trying to change colours, meditation etc, etc. When I practice I succeed I have had many lucid dreams but they are not very long, to me it always seem like my mind doesn’t want me to lucid dream, every time I realize I’m dreaming magically something appears ( once a pile of stars ) that is so incredible I become distracted and forget I’m dreaming. However I have never tried “supplements”, wild results huh? Post post! We want to know, btw is there a dream thread? Would be cool to start one if the isn’t one already

In terms of plants I have an interest in cacti of course but I like fruit trees a lot and bonsais too, I planted an avocado tree which is now like 60 cm tall, but the heat here in Perth has not been very good for my little ones. My partner and I planted lost of cacti seeds some time ago, he taught me how to do it, they are doing good, and they would be doing better if he watered them every now and then he he. YES! I would love some seeds of anything you’d like to send me thanks! Especially silene capensis.

Lol they don't need to be watered that often as they have all the water they need in there takeaway containers

Also I think there is a dreaming thread.... Had a quick look thismorning but couldn't find it

Edited by jwerta

Im sure they need not be watered at least once a month