The Corroboree
theuserformallyknownasd00d

What did you do in your sacred garden today?

I've just picked some leaves for a couple smoke blends I have been working on.

The Indian smoke blend consists of:

Ashwaganda leaves

Chili Leaves

Gotu Kola flowers

Argyria nervosa leaves

Indian Basil leaves and flowers

This actually turns out to be something of a trip, there is a lot going on in here. The LSA from the Argyria is definitely noticeable even in the leaves, but I think the real powerhouse in this blend is actually the inconspicuous Basil. It has a crap load of eugenol in it and is definitely a plant that I am going to be growing in mass next year after I get some seeds (it happens to be the best tasting basil I have found as well, with it's peppery flavor). The newest addition is the Chili leaves and I'm excited to see what happens, as a quid made out of the leaves that I'm using is just quite amazing, almost cannibinoid like and doesn't activate your heat sensors, so there is no burn.

The South American blend is a bit less complicated and more just pleasant:

Lemon Verbena leaves

Caapi leaves

Rustica leaves

Stevia leaves

This makes for a great tasting tobacco blend that I definitely feel the essential oils in the Lemon Verbena adds so much to. Again the most recent addition to this is the Stevia and I'm hoping it give it a pleasant sweet taste with the lemon.

I love my plants, they are so good to me.

• Like 14

inspiring Roopey :lol: nice blends.

you have a nice sanctuary of plants in your garden.

Was driving back home with an Auckland SAB friend (will allow him to identify himself), and he saw some Daturas on the side of the road about 5 minutes away from my house - so we stopped the car, and now we have new Datura plants. =D

I think they could inoxia or stramonium.

• Like 2

that's what i had do to yesterday.

ph f2 seedlings tray, in urgent need of, "potting on", please note the label, so you get the time frame.

pls download the full pic, it will give you an idea of the variety, involved!!post-70-0-60544000-1358046717_thumb.jpg

lazy me i up potted only a few, some red nl's and some green's showing virgor, but aswell, i cared for what might be a dwarf mutant (bottom right).post-70-0-30332900-1358046946_thumb.jpg

nice thread, we'll make it sticky, once it, had it's honeymoon. :)

ph f2 seedlings.JPG

ph f2 seedlings_selection.JPG

ph f2 seedlings.JPG

ph f2 seedlings_selection.JPG

• Like 3

Sowed a heap of Brugmansia hybrids. Tended to established Brugs. These are now going to be my new growing subject and main focus, Cactus were , but I feel its time to move on to another species.

• Like 4

Spider mites has taken hold of several of my biggest salvia which I think are beyond the point of no return :(

They are now having a crack at my loph grafts and my prized purple metel which I spent a good 15 mins rubbing the undersides of the leaves with my hands to squish the bulk of the infestation. Pyrethrum so far has had little effect, maybe some detergent and vinegar needs to be added to the mix.

Iboga plants is loving the seasol feeds and mid 30º temps in the green house, throwing out some new leaves.

B. Caapi are also growing well but needed some repositioning after a nasty touch of sunburn on the leaf tips.

Trinidad scorpions have their first fruits appearing :devil: .

Squirted the leaves of my newly domesticated Datura Stramonium with water all day long to reduce the wilting. Hopefully it recuperates over the next few days in the shade.

• Like 2

hey nemesis,daturas hate being tranplanted :wacko: they will wilt and look half dead 4 awhile ! fucken mites love datura i am spraying every two weeks now for 2 months arrrrr i dont fuck around i use insect killa [bifenthrin] :uzi:

• Like 2

Hey bullit, if your spraying for mites then you'll need to do it a bit more often. Mites eggs will hatch every 3 days and they will be ready to breed within 7! Fast little fuckers. If you can up the humidity also this will slow them down (hang a few wet shirts around them or spray the leaves often).

Apart from that if they are a massive problem it may be good to look towards predator mites. I've used a QLD based mob called bugs for bugs. They work amazing however my experiences with the cuts service have been a bit gaaaaah... It may even be possible to maintain a healthy predator mite population in a tank, if you kept an isolated infected mite plants to feed them. Sort of a catch 22 but its the best chance as actually controlling the mites.

All in all, fuck mites and happy gardening hehehe :P

D00d

• Like 1

yo dood thanx for that!! but i wont buy ''good bugz'' if i am spray the bad bastards, waste of time and coin ! we use assassin bugs @ work when theres a outbreak between spraying and antspray to stop them boys from making mite cities lol!!

Anyone tried using Bugs for Bugs for brugmansia mite treatment? http://www.bugsforbugs.com.au/

• Like 1

Anyone tried using Bugs for Bugs for brugmansia mite treatment? http://www.bugsforbugs.com.au/

datura and brugz i treat the same ! bugs for bugz dont work only if ya growing a large crop/planting area otherwise the bugs fuck off

Sowed a heap of Brugmansia hybrids. Tended to established Brugs. These are now going to be my new growing subject and main focus, Cactus were , but I feel its time to move on to another species.

oi caapi, what brugs r u growing??

oi caapi, what brugs r u growing??

Tootsie x Rosalie

Rubirosa x Naughty Nick

Pink Smitty x Rubirosa

Pink smitty x Naughty Nick

Ecuador pink

Ecuador pink x Fernando

Red hot pink

All of which I purchased from Fred Sommer.

and some Whites and apricots that I dont know the name of

The majority but are Candida.

• Like 1

american seeds?? did u just plant the seeds or r they up??

Edited by bullit

yeh they are American hybrids, all the pink flowerers are just seedlings atm.

Just ordered this book today, have you read it? its gotten rave reviews.

4335752-1x1-600x600.jpg

Edited by mr b.caapi
  • Like 3

awesum book !! dont have it but downloaded it !??! haha when i get the coin will buy ?? i have just crossed sum of mine

sarced sunset x golden kornett and frilly pink x varigated peach and cream !!

if all gos well keen to do sum trades b.caapi

• Like 1

You'd only use predator mites if the spraying wasn't working, obviously lol!

My experience is if the mites are plentiful they hang around. Once they're in control they tend to wander and also eat each other. A good idea would be to keep a steady supply going in a sealed tub.

Bugs for bugs products have worked for me in the past. Problem being they are very rural and shipping is unreliable. Took me 5 days to receive my last package, and they didn't offer a resolution. Ideally the bugs need to be with you in 2 days tops, which they guaranteed me by using express post, but na uh. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Best bet is thorough 3 day sprayings. Be weary of burning your leaf and spray with water after a few minutes after too to dislodge the dead critters and eggs

I had mildew (first ever) on my flowering Solanum uporo plants, but they just don't care about it and grow well, despite that I made a tincture against this bad fungus with the natural mildew- killers Berberine, Matrine, Osthole and Limonene.

I put grinded scraped bark and the root from Berberis vulgaris (contains Berberine), some sliced Sophora subprostrata (syn. tonkinensis)- root (contains Matrine), grinded Cnidium monnieri seeds (contains Osthole) and a few drops of Orange oil (contains Limonene) for a few days in alcohol and filtrated, then sprayed over the plants, worked well

Edited by mindperformer
  • Like 2

Today I potted up more of my humidity loving friends into a more suitable medium. We get quite high relative humidity here and I find using any mix with coco/peat to be extremely detrimental to growth. This time I went with 33/33/33 cow manure compost/sand/potting mix as recommended by plenty of blogs. I watered in with seasol and Charlie carp (just a splash) and raised humidity to 70%. These plants are situated on a sheltered balcony. Chacruna was one I potted up from memory...

wow thed00dabides, so many Mimosoidae, I also like these plants;
the Chacruná will love the humidity

Yesterday I put some Amblyseius- predator mites against the thrips on my Chacruná into the tropic box and they thrive well in this environment to do their "job" ;-)

Edited by mindperformer

Installed my heat pad in my green house to keep Mr Iboga growing. Its just above 21 in the green house now so it must be dropping to about 15º overnight, he cant be liking that too much.

Toying with the idea of making one of my mimosa hostilis a bonsai. Dam things are actually growing faster than I can keep up with.

Found several large brugs growing on a property I drove past today. Might go back and pay them a visit in the weekend. Some nice pink and orange ones too.

Discovered that Auckland libraries have this book in their collection!! Super stoked.

Just ordered this book today, have you read it? its gotten rave reviews.

4335752-1x1-600x600.jpg

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 3