The Corroboree
theuserformallyknownasd00d

What did you do in your sacred garden today?

what fucken garden :wave-finger: to u god i hate u. fuk me :BANGHEAD2:

To all, who don't have a garden or balcony:

nature is the biggest garden and it belongs to all of us, I like searching for wild food and wild medicinal plants, of course not in national parks or from endangered plants.

I also don't have a garden, but a small "rainforest" in my flat and a green balcony in summer. If you don't have a "green thumb", try easy plants like Ipomoea, Banisteriopsis, Brunfelsia, Datura and so on

It's up tu us, to plant a tree or simply a few small plants, they make the oxygen we breathe...

• Like 4

dont have a garden because tha fucken cyclone took it from me :BANGHEAD2: if it was up too me i would fuck god with my dead brugmansia stick up tha ass!!!!!

Sorry to here that Bullit. can you save anything?

Damn Bullit...

Let us know if you want anything to help build the collection again!

• Like 3

I have your tripleyellow and bits ands can't help with the Brugs but.

• Like 1

looked on ebay at this green house, i think would be great as the possum eats

all my goodies before i do.I would also run a solar air flow and pump system

maybe co2 as well from composting

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GREENHOUSE-12x8FT-3-71M-HOT-HOUSE-POLYCARBONATE-ALUMINIUM-HOTHOUSE-GREEN-HOUSE-/350702929968?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item51a7860830

Edited by bigred82
  • Like 2

I belive chance and a bit of sheer luck has provided me with a healthy little calea plant!

I got a salvia cutting from Solomon a while back and since it has been in my green house a few random weeds sprung up in the pot, one of them looked special so i left it there and now i'm pretty sure its a calea, a plant i have been unsuccesfully trying to grow from seed for atleast 3 years :)

• Like 1

Bogfrog, your seeds are on their way over the ditch aooh!

Today I sowed some

Vienna white khat

'Pats' khat

My own sun opener

My own silene capaensis

I also planted everything boggy sent to me but I'm not to familiar with them yet :)

I also planted some seed from a neat little bush I collected from some national park near Robertson. It has beautiful small variegated leaves and small nut like seed capsules. I have an aim to bonsai it if they germinate! Will post pics when I find my card reader sometime!

The beautiful rain has kept me from doing anything else but drink beer and watch an afternoon movie :-)

• Like 3

Damn Bullit...

Let us know if you want anything to help build the collection again!

cheers savage

I have your tripleyellow and bits ands can't help with the Brugs but.

i cut my brugs back 2 the stump, daturas r not too bad, lost my belladonna/calea/hemia/1 kava/ some natives :blush:

• Like 2

this is the biggest shit which can happen to a garden... condolence!

maybe some plants will regrow from their roots?

the forces of nature are sometimes a great callenge...

Edited by mindperformer
  • Like 1

Edited by gtarman

Hey bullit, send me your address and ill get you out some sinicuichi and acacia seed

awesum dood!!!! pmed

Today I moves some seedlings into a greenhouse to help them along.

I lost my two of my acacia types also, they never looked strong from the get go and was meant to be. Does anybody have experience sowing acacia this late in the season in case I do a few more?

Fertilised my sun opener mother plant and gave it a topping all over. I also harvested 3 seed pods of my orange brug. So far from 10 seeds I peeled I found 5 brug seed berries. One of them contained a maggot looking creature so I think they're being eaten!

D00d

Feed my venus fly trap a spider. I need a beer now

• Like 3

Fed everything a nice organic liquid fert this morning, sadly realised that the heat knocked off my Tea and Gunnera mannicata, my Tea was struggling anyway but the Gunnera was a bit difficult to acquire. I'm getting caterpillars which are difficult to control as they eat before I spot them. Everything else is looking good, my Gingers are going nuts this year for the first time ever I'm getting good growth!

Edited by whitewind
  • Like 3

I get pillars real bad WW in a microclimate very similar to yours! I find that the only way to eradicate is to spray with pyrethrum every 2 days for a week or 10 days (with a water foliar spray straight after). After that I make sure to have a beer each day and look over the plants carefully for half an hr or so and pick them off where they individually eat the leaf. I find once the original population is knocked off you can easily either squash them or move them to another garden bed which isn't yours bahahahahaha. As for slugs I have some neat pellets which are both *alledgedly by the MF* not toxic to humans or animals and breaks down to a nutrient source... Want me to bring some to aya awakenings??

d00d

• Like 2

Yes please! I've been using beer for the slugs but the slimey bottles and saucers are gruesome and I keep walking into them and knocking them over. Usually in bare feet.

I can't hack Pyrethrum I get migraines if I spray with that, much as I'd love to, same with Neem. I've been using confidor but they are about to ban it across Europe and some gov't departments in Aus are moving away from it too, hopefully that spreads. Apparently it's strongly implicated in bee death / colony collapse disorder.

According to Steiner you can blend up caterpillars and spray them back on as a preventative, but I never have enough so just grab them with seccos and drop them back onto the soil, hoping it works well. Bio-dynamics, was trying to remember the Steiner stuff.

Oh yeah, I lost my Tea and my Gunnera but my Barringtonia neo-caledonica (which I thought was long dead) has pushed out a healthy new bud and flush of dark brown leaves! Dead chuffed with that one :)

I installed an argyreia cutting in an indoor hydroponic setup of a friend . we 're having lots warm winter days recently. the cutting, once put in the hydro [growing parsley and salads] , showed explosive growth of roots - no sign of green growth though, but its too early. Hopefully this year we will have a first report of how this went. It should work great if done right.

doodabides>

I have found difficulty in raising any xerophytic plant from seed, they seem to have their own frequency response which I seem to failing to get so far. I have trying acacia [acuminata, obtusifolia, neurophylla] , ephedra, catha, peganum harmala .

well peganum sprouts easily, but its tough to keep it going at first.

Despite my fail, I am not very hard on myself as I know I did not try too hard. When I did try I managed to keep the acacia seedlings long enough, then lost them when I neglected them. still I have learnt some stuff from failures, f.e how to get decent sprouting rates from acacia seed.

I have only one pubescent acuminata alive from those attempts - I got an older maidenii , I put it in the ground now [pruned it, its almost man size now] , but I did not make this one myself.

I have some catha seed left, and I will be trying again this year. very interested to try again with ephedra species too. i am convinced that people's report about the importance of symbiotic organisms in acacia seedlings must be base on some truth. I cant explain the difference in growth rates and behaviours otherwise. Some seedlings are all of them simply are weak however you treat'em.

another problem with these plants are the first monts [ephedra f.e.] if you let soil very dry plantlet dries , if you let to soak for long it rots. Controlled conditions might work better with difficult seeds/plants.

I feel its better to sow these difficult xerophytic plants early in the year, f.e. february, march, when its not really warm, but wetness is preserved over several days, maybe even in november, but hey I am in zone 9, and on the other hand , catha f.e. still need heat to sprout [doesnt it?] .

in difficult summer days of extreme heat, young seedlings must be protected - forget about them being called xerophytic - they will easily die. in nature very often they sprout in the shade of other plants or some other mini enviroment which preserves an mount of moisture.

mandrakes [automnalis] do this with rocks, for example - that's why the thrive near rocky paths - one of their preferances. rocks preserve moisture below them

these are some thoughts, they might be completely wrong, but thought it would be useful to share. That's my way anyway. sharing my own and listening to what other people have to share and subsequently processing and testing: this is how I taught myself so far.

cheers to all cultivators round the globe

• Like 2

in my garden, this morning, i noticed that, i got ripped off over night, but i don't care much about it, i had only two anyway, and they left one. i will pull the other one left over, to have a scorched earth policy in place.

i hope the thieves, are happy and pround of there "score" it was to early to pick anyway....

than, i mowed a bit, and layed down, a few finger lime cuttings.

here is a pic of, a successfull finger lime cutting.

post-70-0-81402000-1360113707_thumb.jpg

edit: ww, i raise my hand, for some scuttelaria speciosa seeds if you get any, i'll pm you.

fingerlime_cutting.JPG

fingerlime_cutting.JPG

Edited by planthelper

i have a wood rose growing up a drainpipe will it cause the drainpipe any proplems

any tips on training them