The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

What does you're forumname/username mean?

Just wondering what everyone's forumname/username means to them, how it started and how you came up with it.

I'll start with mine! J is the the first letter of my name and wert is like qwerty but without the q or y and I just added the a to make it sound crisp :P

I first came up with it at a LAN night where you play computer games and i needed a name and well I came up with that and its just stuck ever since one of my friends even made a urban dictionary post cause I am always rolling my eyes :)http://www.urbandict...m=Jwerta%20Eyes

cause I am just that lazy sometimes xD

Edited by jwerta
  • Like 2

I am an atom. I am everyone and everything.

I am chef.

You are all my puppet accounts!

*edit: Obviously not true :P

The real story:

I needed a name for SAB and didn't feel like using my regular online handle so I thunked up 'at0m'.

Edited by at0m
  • Like 4

An old nic name an Ex gave me long ago

yeah yeah stop buggin me, i'll get to it shortly

• Like 7

Great idea for a thread!!

As a child I loved the Asterix and Obelix books, read them all again as an adult, loved the names. Getafix, the druid who brewed the magic potion, seemed appropriate as it symbolised my childhood and innocent love of the books and the names and my not so innocent adventures as an adult..

I have a Bull terrier called Asterix as well! :P

Edited by Getafix
  • Like 7

:blush: oops.... I thought there might be another thread like this... but I couldn't locate it

http://www.shaman-au...opic=27967&st=0 . Maybe is this ^ thread gets many hits, the two can be blended, cause i find this topic interesting :)

There is also one for avatars.

:)

Amazonian, I have a large tattoo on my lower back of an om, very similar to your avatar. Maybe I should start a thread of show and tell ethno and related lifestyles tats!

• Like 2

<<<Stone! monkey that floats around on clouds.

• Like 1

:blush:/>/> oops.... I thought there might be another thread like this... but I couldn't locate it

Lol, yeah, sorry jwerta .

I will add something about my forum name though...and it will sound silly, but it's like I have become this 'Amazonian', lol. I prefer it to my given name, and I have to be careful when writing out Birthday cards for family etc... because I have almost signed off as Amz...more than once.

Amazonian, I have a large tattoo on my lower back of an om, very similar to your avatar.

Nice !. I am quite fond of this avatar hey. I wouldn't mind a tattoo of it on like my ankle bone or something.

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 2

In it's deepest meaning, if i am responding to stimuli I am distracted. Distracted from what? Never not been distracted long enough to get a good enough look.

In life I generally end up one of those people racing from one point to the next forgetting most things then remembering others at inopportune times.

• Like 3

Bogfrog is one of my cat's many aliases.. She is an extension of me and i am of her.

I only began becoming the self i am now when she flounced into my life.

For some forgotten reason, i decided to call my new BFFL 'Teabag'.

(I have always been bad at choosing pet's names. My first pet was a dog i named 'Hacksaw', that was age 3)

Eventually Teabag became Teabog and then Teabog became Bogfrog, now she is just Bog and now sometimes i am just Bogfrog :)

post-8023-0-90024900-1357507670_thumb.jp

Thanks for that link Amazonian, what a gem of a thread :) :)

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 5

Mine is in honour of an incan/inkan goddess

• Like 3

Time for a Change :)

Edited by Change
  • Like 1

well im Big and im red

• Like 5

With so much negative focus these days from a lot of people,, I try my best to look at things on the upside :-)

• Like 2

Mine is a cryptic acronym that will yield the meaning of life, the universe and everything if correctly interpreted.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 2

Mine is the name of my website, which was borne out of the fact that our government denies us the opportunity to make responsible choices about what we do with our bodies and, more importantly, our minds.

And I'm kind of responsible... and I'm choice.. I guess? :huh:

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 5

Bogfrog is one of my cat's many aliases.. She is an extension of me and i am of her.

I only began becoming the self i am now when she flounced into my life.

For some forgotten reason, i decided to call my new BFFL 'Teabag'.

(I have always been bad at choosing pet's names. My first pet was a dog i named 'Hacksaw', that was age 3)

Eventually Teabag became Teabog and then Teabog became Bogfrog, now she is just Bog and now sometimes i am just Bogfrog :)

attachicon.gifIMG_1042.JPG

Thanks for that link Amazonian, what a gem of a thread :) :)

That is one epic cat btw. It's like Yoda became entangled in the mane of a lion. I must admit that I still think of you as Bogfrog though. Ceres just doesn't seem to have the same ring to it :P

Haha cheers. I want to be Bogfrog again. I still think of me as bogfrog and its still what i have to type every time i login.

I can't wait till a year has passed so I can change my name back to Bogfrog.

As soon as I changed it I was like 'wtf did I do that for?!'

Psssst: any mod who has power to help me with this situation and change me back to bogfrog I will love you for ever!

Mine is a cryptic acronym that will yield the meaning of life, the universe and everything if correctly interpreted.

I want to know now! My first interpretation was "go to a red mountain and (k)neel" but that's not it obviously.

• Like 4

I'm sometimes tempted to change my name for anonymity but then I think it's cool to keep the same name for ever like Torsten or Rev etc. Halcyon Daze is kinda catchy so I guess I'll just hang on to it and keep changing my pic from time to time.

My name was just a phrase going round in my head 'Halcyon Days' but as I was typing it in the words morphed into Halcyon Dayz and then Halcyon Daze and then it all of a sudden dawned on me Halcyon Daze is kinda neat. - I woulda never thought of that! :)

If you don't know what Halcyon days means then join the club. :P

• Like 2

^^ I always take it a step further, and read it as "Hell Scion Daze" :P

• Like 1

WOAH you just blew my mind g-man!

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

Needed an alias when I first signed up, my introduction to ethnobotany was reading about Richard Evans Schultes and Wade Davis. Maria Sabina was in my mind and for what ever reason Teonanacatl seemed a good idea- I do think it was odd that it was not taken on other forums.

I used to hang out at EGA more so then here and after awhile I changed it to the Lorax but EGA went down and I just stuck with Teo on here. The nickname has stuck to- I do like it. Im still Lorax on some other forums but now there are many Teo-versions and Lorax's that are not me.

• Like 1

Haha cheers. I want to be Bogfrog again. I still think of me as bogfrog and its still what i have to type every time i login.

I can't wait till a year has passed so I can change my name back to Bogfrog.

As soon as I changed it I was like 'wtf did I do that for?!'

I still think of you as Bogfrog too. :)

I didn't realise you had to wait a year between changing user names. No wonder Hillbilly is still using his current moniker! I'll never change mine...

• Like 1

Always love this topic when it rolls round.

My username means "other dimensions". How I came up with it is that I call all my computer hard drives names like Synchrotron, Biotron, Cybertron and Xenotron etc. I've had a few musical projects that have all had the suffix 'dimensional' e.g. Transdimensional,Exodimensional etc. I more or less randomly associated xeno and dimensional one day and the rest was history.