The Corroboree
incognito

How hot are you right now?

Well i am at work at the moment, its just past midnight and currently 36.7c :blink:

6am and 19 degrees inner west Sydney, which is already towards the upper end of my comfort zone. Humidity is at 86% which explains why I'm already sweating after just getting out of the shower.

I have not yet slept, and probably won't until tonight which fucking sucks but serves me right sleeping until 4:30pm.

Today is going to be fucking brutal so stay safe everybody - keep out of the horrid sun if possible and get some coconut water into ya!!!

29 deg @ 8am heading towards 37 with 70+ % humidity, its raining in my pants.

Edited by Stillman
  • Like 2

29 deg @ 8am heading towards 37 with 70+ % humidity, its raining in my pants.

Nice. I love humidity. ... not being sarcastic.

Pretty fucking hot again today, they're telling me the humidity is down today but I beg to differ.

42 today, sat was 46 on the work thermometer, had to shovel 3 tonne of grain in it. It really sucked. A lot.

today we got 45 on the work thermometer, and again i found myself out in the sun doing hard labour :(

far out it makes these ice cold tigers taste awesome. i have a new rule, i only drink piss when it gets above 38 :)

44 here today. a cool change. :rolleyes:

after working i pour cold water on my head and it comes of boiling, does anyone know of any good

water holes in Brisbane area .

I prefer watering holes to Water holes Stinging for a cold beverages and its only 11 lol.

Damn! never seen a temp hit over 38C here in the southern carib and it is hard for me to imagine anything above that. I think the brain would probably begin to cook slowly in the skull cavity..... make a nice soupy goo out of it and see it start seeping and bubbling out of the nose and ears..........

what do people do to keep cool??

that is prolly why you aussies are such such though buggers ey........... I'd be molten drooped all over the floor somewhere.

after working i pour cold water on my head and it comes of boiling, does anyone know of any good

water holes in Brisbane area .

the archive in west end?

i was away for the worst of the heat so far... somehow i managed to only lose two little babies that shouldn't have been in full sun anyway. :)

hovering around 36 here today, and the air con ain't cutting it...

struggling here at 45.9.....all I want to do is go home and water my garden! it is not going to be smiling at me when I get home

ive heard it has hit 50 other side of penrith

Edited by veritas

It's about 46 here now.

I'm glad it's cooled off, earlier at around 2.30pm it was nudging 50

Edited by SallyD

48 and 35% humidity. Was 35 degrees at 6.30am this morn. Getting heavy showers right now temp has dropped thank fuk. Seriously considering getting an indoor job right now, we have all been getting diahorrea pretty chronically, which apparently means we are dehydrated. U can only drink so much water. With the strong dry westerly winds and searing dry heat an hour in the sun and your rooted. The whole down tools at 40 degrees is apparently horseshit. The things you do to keep the wolves at bay hey??

Its so hot I'm watching the cricket eating zuppa doopa iceblocks and nodding off on the couch with a fan and spraybottle to keep me company.

And all of the worlds goats go silent and stare at the ground

• Like 1