The Corroboree
trucha

Some Simple Tryptamines

I think they are going to where they need to be and this is an improvement to that process. I'm happy about this much interest existing; being depressed about lack of sales reached its limit a while ago and has no positive outcome. I'm moving forward and feeling good about it.

• Like 2

Hey mate, just wanted to let you know that your free-PDF plan worked out at least once. I downloaded it, skimmed it, then decided this was a great book that I really wanted a copy of & ordered one from SAB. I have an ebook reader, but tables and pictures don't display so well and it loads pages quite slowly, so it is no good for reference books. And y'know, come the zombie-apocalypse we're going to need this information in hardcopy.

Have you thought about releasing one of those "sneak preview" things that amazon do, instead of the whole book? (I mean for future publications). Because something like that would've been enough to get me to buy it - it's one problem with ordering books online, you can't just flip through them to check it out. Anyway, good luck with the sales, really looking forward to getting my new book!

Have you thought about releasing one of those "sneak preview" things that amazon do, instead of the whole book? (I mean for future publications). Because something like that would've been enough to get me to buy it - it's one problem with ordering books online, you can't just flip through them to check it out. Anyway, good luck with the sales, really looking forward to getting my new book!

i'll vouch for this! i was trying to decide whether or not i should get a copy of this, because i've heard great things... but to be honest i have no clue what to expect inside, and that's the main thing holding me back.

Scarecrow, the links for free PDFs of this book are in post #13 of this thread.

Scarecrow, the links for free PDFs of this book are in post #13 of this thread.

oh, so it is, and--

egads, i have no idea what i'm looking at. i don't even

KT, I respect your works.

Please let me know if you need help from an illustrator and graphic artist,

I would be happy to help

• Like 1

After looking at that teaser PDF I've decided to order a copy of SST from SAB.

I'm a huge nerd but I still prefer hard copys. Author's like yourself deserve support! this information needs to be in the public realm

Keep up the great work Trucha

Edited by Sameria

That's really cool, I had thought SAB was completely out of inventory. Nice to hear I'm wrong.

So far since posting this PDF online I've received two actual book orders and $45 in donations from a total of 7 people.

I suspect that is more than would have occurred without it.

Thanks to all of those people and anyone acquiring a copy from someone other than me.

Shonman, we should talk some about that. There has been repeated instances such talents would have been immensely beneficial.

Life has been a bit of an intense ride for the last few months so I lack adequate free time to be online in discussions at present. I'm fairly easy to contact via keepertrout at gmail.com.

Edited by trucha
  • Like 3

I made an error -- that should have read 8 people contributing a total of $60 not 7 and $45.

Excellent, I am looking forward to working with you on this project, and perhaps others....

There is a saying in book production that the better the book the worse it will sell.

I probably should feel flattered that Some Simple Tryptamines sells so poorly since I know it's a good piece of work.

Truly!

Not that all current bestsellers are not meaningful in some way (Cormac McCarthy comes to mind), but SST can stand on its own two feet for centuries to come and I thank you for the direction of your interest, education, work, and integrity.

As one without a formal chemistry/botany background (a gardener by trade), I perceive SST as a textbook for a class that I will be taking for the rest of my life, so thank you!

SST is a truly excellent book ; the only other that comes anywhere near it is Tihkal . But as far as useful and practical info for those interested in the subject , SST makes Tihkal look pretty lame indeed .

Truthfully , : " more than you need to know "....

[ sometime in the future it will be a sought after classic , for sure Those interested ought buy a copy - they will never regret doing so ] .

Edited by Heretic

Thanks for the nice thoughts.

I'd be thrilled if it sold enough copies for me to make my production money back. I'm still thousands of dollars in debt as a result of having produced it. I've almost entirely paid all my investors back so the primary person owed anything is just me. That part I feel good about.

Sometimes, our works last far into th future after we are gone

Edited by shonman

I would be very interested in a signed copy of your work, trucha!

How would i go about ordering and paying for such? I am in WA by the way...

I would rather deal with you direct than go through a vendor or website as I don't really trust putting my financial info out there for the world to see, should they choose to look.

The teasers look great! I'll admit that due to financial constraints I have often been tempted by the PDF versions, but they lack the tactile enjoyment of paper and like you mentioned, PDF's are electrically dependant and computer dependant... I enjoy life without both sometimes! Plus, encouraging the activities of the aforementioned smegma doesn't sit well with me and I also fear the aplication of knowledge gained from such a source would result in a cosmic ass kicking, rightfully so!

I am now an avid mycology and ethnobotany student and have just cast aside my chef and painting quals to pursue a career in enviro science and sustainable development.

Feel free to PM me if this discussion doesn't fit the thread, and thank you for putting so much time and effort into such valuable works.

Cheers.

Thanks for the interest. And apologies for my slow reply but I don't get much chance to visit any forum these days.

The easiest way is to order one from me and request that it be signed.

www.largelyaccurateinformationmedia.com is a direct link that will find both my sales and information pages.

If you run into any problems or questions, just let me know. Fastest responses from me are always via email.

Edited by trucha
  • Like 1

technology really is the bane of anyone trying to sell their books.

I don't know what the answer is as any egg can scan the hardcopy book & release it on the net as a pdf, epub or whatever.

But certainly it would be a mistake for you to throw the towel in & release it yourself online as a freebie.

good luck

Good on you for writing the book mate, I personally wouldn't do it on tryptamines but I'm keen to give it a read. I'll send you an email. I just think it's always good when people broach the subject of "drugs" from a scientific perspective, which we need more of, and certainly in the mainstream. I'm majoring in pharmacology so maybe just maybe I'll be able to understand a little bit of it haha hopefully.

I know this is a very old thread, but it inspired me to grab a copy from the SA shop and for those on the fence about it... It is definitely worth the price of admission and contains a wealth of information, from the naughty through to the plain fascinating, and manages to communicate some pretty dense chemical/botanical theory in a way that I could follow, even with no real background in the topic. Thanks for your efforts in putting this together!

• Like 1