The Corroboree
Torsten

we are upgrading in the next few days.

Anticipation12.jpg

hot hot hot

• Like 1

For me... at the tabs at the top of the page start with members where it use to be Forums...I keep tapping members by mistake...no biggie.

I was worried wondering if it was going to be a long outage, but thankfully it was only part of a day...yay !

:)

I dont see an option to post a comment in the gallery?

Is anyone else finding that they are logged in automatically ?

I log out each time I leave, but when I come back I'm already logged in.

• Like 2

^ YES,lol... i thought it was just me. I found i would log out, come back later, refresh page and there i was...already there/here... If i log out and then tap something like the Forum tab at the top, it ends the session of me being able to refresh and be logged in.

EDIT: and its not consistent, i am not auto logged in everytime. I just dont want my kids pranking me and making a post,lol... but i dont think they would... i have their face book details ...Mmwawwwaahhhaha.

Edited by Amazonian

^^ I was just about to say that, I log out & come straight back I'm still logged out, but if I wait half an hour & come back to the site, I find I'm already logged in!

Edit; when I log out, I stay logged out until I disconnect from the internet, but when I re-connect & come back here I find I am already logged in. There is also a little * above my name at the bottom of the page, eg jox*

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

I had a bit of a play with the remember me box on the sign in page, cause i thought it might have been that.

It hasn't happened for a few log ins now though.

I am not complaining Torsten, just observing :), but the auto log in feature wouldn't be good if one was to log in at an internet CAFE or something.

I will see if there are any changes in the settings menu.

:)

jox said "There is also a little * above my name at the bottom of the page, eg jox*"

That means your a star...a monstar !!!,lol.. It means your anonymous.

As i type this...quoting jox, I notice the 'quote' function is different too. It doesn't have anything except the persons sentence.

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

I figured out the log in/out thing. It was happening on the PC (firefox) but not on the laptop (chrome). Anyway what I did was this... I was logged in to begin with, so I logged out. Then I logged in again but I un-ticked the box that said 'remember me', then I lodged out again and closed firefox. I re-opened firefox, cleared my cookies & history and turned off the computer. Problem solved.

I think it was probably just clearing the cookies that did it though.

Edited by Halcyon Daze

the log in thing is due to cookies. There are a few inconsistencies in regards to old cookies, so best to delete them if they cause problems. halycon's method will edit the cookie to reflect the new wishes, so that can be an option too.

Thanks guys, what are cookies? :blush:

Torsten said "the log in thing is due to cookies. There are a few inconsistencies in regards to old cookies, so best to delete them if they cause problems. halycon's method will edit the cookie to reflect the new wishes, so that can be an option too".

I knew you would say that...re;cookies :). I have done the delete cookies etc,,, but didn't restart the computer ..yet.?!. (am still getting auto log in).

Thanks guys, what are cookies? :blush:

^ these are what Cookie monster likes to eat. You can usually find them in the control panel, then , network and internet, then internet options, then delete browsing history and cookies (windows 7). Thats how to delete them, i cant explain what they are. :)

EDIT: multi quote failed on me ... :P

EDIT some more... still auto log in... no biggie though...just happy to have somewhere to be logged into. :)

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 2

No biggie here either, but i have lost the ability to quote, edit or view notifications on my phone.

There is a 'full version' button at the bottom of each page, which used to let me do all that stuff, but now when i click 'full version' it just reloads the page and doesnt go into the full version.

Thanks for all your hard work dealing with this stuff T, it must b annoying.

• Like 1

when clicking on a thread title when in a forum i'll go to the first post and not the last, even when i've read the thread and even made the last post in the thread. but when clicking on the thread title from the main forum page then i'll go to the last post. it's as though the "jump to last read post" setting doesn't work sometimes.

edit: f.e. when in the "site and forum matters" forum and clicking on the topic title i'll start at the start of the thread, but from the "community" index clicking on the topic title i'll jump to this post.

Edited by qualia
  • Like 2

amz, did you delete the cookies while logged out? it may have saved data in your session info etc. There are just so many things that get stored and cached these days to make browsing easier, but they all cause problems after upgrades. I suspect it will sort itself out soon.

qualia, sounds like a cache/cookie issue too. Check again in a few days if it is still doing it.

Bogfrog, the software developers have no patience for any backwards compatibility, so the first thing to check is that your browser is current. if it is then pelae let me know and we'll see if others have the same problem. you need to state your phone OS and browser for any help though.

Quote Torsten ...amz, did you delete the cookies while logged out? it may have saved data in your session info etc. There are just so many things that get stored and cached these days to make browsing easier, but they all cause problems after upgrades. I suspect it will sort itself out soon. End quote.

I did all that and still am logged on when i visit the Forum on the laptop, but not always logged in on the apple devices..

Yeah, i am sure it will work itself out soon enough . :)

Edited by Amazonian

i just noticed the

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords

pane at the bottom of posts with tags, that's great!

it's so exciting getting new things isn't it!

• Like 1

Bogfrog, the software developers have no patience for any backwards compatibility, so the first thing to check is that your browser is current. if it is then pelae let me know and we'll see if others have the same problem. you need to state your phone OS and browser for any help though.

Ah its alright, i can live without quote &edit, i dont know how to find out any of those things, i just mentioned in case it was some others had noticed too

Why am i the only one having trouble quoting and presenting it all packaged neatly in a nice little box?!, lol. Meh! :)

is your browser current amz?

I think so, but i will look into it. :)

As i said, when i am quoting a post, i only see the persons sentence, and it is like 1/2 way down the posting window, so i move it up to the top, and that must cut out the other info like name and time of post etc,, I dunno. I don't usually have problems.

is your browser current amz?

See, i can do it, but its hard when i want to take just a snippet of a persons sentence , because there are like no boundaries?..no brackets or anything.

Checking out browser now. Will report back.

My browser wasn't up to date. BUT... it made no difference. Doh. Doesn't matter.. I will just look like a newb every time i stuff a quote up,lol. :)

The quoting is definitely different. I get a grey box with the quote, but no nformation as to who the quote is from or any tags. seems a bit odd.