The Corroboree
Torsten

we are upgrading in the next few days.

we are upgrading in the next few days. there may be some downtime and there are most likely going to be some bugs [especially with chat and classifieds].

aww......

I hope it doesn't go down for to long.. I don't know what id do with out you guys and gals :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the warning Torsten.

:)

• Like 2

Is there a link that doesn't require log in to facebook Torsten?... and best i save it now, cause i wont be able to access the above link from here it when i cant access the SAB page,lol.

First you said there may be some downtime, and then its like... For extended outage look at facebook page... lol... now i am preparing myself for the worst... The world really has come to an end?!... lol.. *jokes. I am not that obsessed with the Forum. *Bites fingernails.

EDIT: i suppose i could get one of my kids to access the link through their facebook.

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

it's a FB 'group', so you need to join to see it I think. sorry, it's the best way to allow for 2-way exchanges.

It's been going for a while, but I just realised most members here probably don't realise it exists.

^ Yep, no worries...i got it sorted now.

i can always post notices on the AE SAB outage thread :wink:

• Like 5

it's a FB 'group', so you need to join to see it I think. sorry, it's the best way to allow for 2-way exchanges.

It's been going for a while, but I just realised most members here probably don't realise it exists.

I wasn't aware of SAB on Facebook. But good to know I can check there for updates if the site is down for an extended period of time.

Edit: And good to be able to finally put a face to the name, Torsten.

You look different than I expected. Actually, I'm not sure what I expected you to look like. Maybe bigger, and scarier looking. More like all the myths and legends :)

Edited by Alice
  • Like 3

I can't wait to have a whinge about any changes.... Bring it on! :D

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 1

I am glad SAB wasn't down over the weekend. I enjoyed plugging in and hanging out.

upgrade not done yet. there were some minor prep problems. In terms of size we are in the top 5% of forums they support so they take extra precautions. It could be anytime now. It will probably look horrible once done.

Is an upgrade really necessary? They seem to be frequent these days.

The Forum is great as is, but I suppose there is always new and improved technology that will be beneficial?!.

not just that, but ironing out bugs that may occur within the system, closing stray code that may lead to potential sucurity problems.

its important that code is kept up to date, as there are robots that search the net looking for these types of problems.

nothing like a good update sequence to remind you how wonderful life is, its like getting a cold. ;)

• Like 1

^ You mean nothing like a good SAB outage to make us appreciate what we have, lol. :)

• Like 1

personally i cannot wait for outtage..........

that way i'll do more gardening and will have more time to invest into the flea farm

I am usually hesitant to update unless there is an important new feature or they fix some annoying bug. I don't just upgrade for the sake of it and in fact skip most upgrade recommendations. However, this upgrade is needed to fix a security issue. It has been patched for now, but this has caused another problem and it won't all be good until the full upgrade is done.

• Like 2

I don't think so. I guess they are a bit busy because this was a critical security update.

Ok, after 2 weeks of dramas with security features and server problems I think we're finally ready for the upgrade, LOL. any day now ;)

• Like 1

Anticipation12.jpg
  • Like 4

Would you like us to point out problems/issues with the upgrade (which I assume happened during the downtime today)? Maybe these things will self-resolve, I don't know much about how it all works. But some things I just noticed (looking mainly at the chat and classifieds, which you mentioned may have issues):

1) There is some weird set of 6 buttons below the chat window on the main forum menu page. If I click on it, it sends me to something like a yes/no survey without questions.

2) there is some weird numerical text in the Classifieds window on the main page. It looks like the date is messed up (can't remember what was there before, I think it was time left until the ad expires. Also the title of the for sale window now has an icon instead of text (looks like a little shop, pretty cool)

Other than that, all looks the same. Good work.

• Like 1

Upgrade is done and I think we're mostly good.

Yes, please do point out any problems IF you're pretty sure they are not likely to be cache related. otherwise wait a few days and see if they resolve themselves.

Alice, I will look into those issues shortly. They don't seem to interfer with functionality, so not too worried right now.

• Like 1