The Corroboree
planthelper

what'z ya street name?

Gilligan. Funnily enough... Lol. Caught it during uni days, and more than proud to own :-)

at one school, everyone called me 'Doogie' because they reckoned I looked like Doogie Howser, M.D.

tumblr_lypemlfDo51qdrg5do1_r2_500.gif

We were cute kids, shame we both turned into such monstrous freaks.

Edited by chilli

I'm known as Mac to everyone i know, since way back when. But my Mrs has evolved that over the years to Macaque. :blush:

090113201339-large.jpg

• Like 3

^^^Mac is a badass name

me...The Gun.

It's all in the pronunciation...you have to say it in an assured tone while slowly nodding your head.

Edited by Rabelais

mines goose, just like top gun. yeah

u mean the name people yell out when i am walking down the street? out windows of moving cars or simply under the breath mid conversation?

fair enough i play a game on the verge of theatrics highly conducive to such an effect and with constant prayer in mind unveil and expose merely one of the many dominant personality structures of the mind, but still you would imagine the supreme one could think of a heartier joke or at least less fascetious whilst mentioning the name of the christ, Jesus...

fortunately the name comes with a certain amount of cred and often free food, drinks and money are offered as recompense for my unfortunate physical appearance. along side well wishes, blessings and a good deal of smiling faces...

haha.

Never really had a nickname or street name as such. My dad nick named me the unfortunate sounding "dick" or "dicko" which ceased around 16 when the relationship soured and nicknames where out of the vernacular.

I was mainly referred to by

My Surname in high school, which very few could pronounce correctly which secretly used to shit me up the wall, I still cringe when someone calls me by my surname :(/>

Of recent as is the custom in the country, I'm referred by my first name with an "o" on the end, which is endearing, if someone likes you out here they add an "o" to the end. My girls-who-are-friends add a "y" to the end.

Edited by incognito

man, I'm not sure if I'd like that. My friends call me Kal.

Kally I could handle, its a bit feminine perhaps but its cute.

Kalo, however, sounds like a roll-on deodorant.

Ha you would definAtely get Kal'o except If no o e liked you, then it would be just kal.

Or maybee it's a respect thing. I'm unsure, I think it's more being respected than

Actually being liked.

Edited by incognito

Gilligan. Funnily enough... Lol. Caught it during uni days, and more than proud to own :-)

And its origin ? :blink:

Mc Kenzie court.

:)

meanwhile, at amz's place...

post-1342-0-72327700-1355223770_thumb.jp

as for my street name, ethereal calls me "Frank da Facilitator" :P

i had a friend at school who called me Callabis. no idea why

post-1342-0-72327700-1355223770_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-72327700-1355223770_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

If I had real friends, I reckon they'd call me "Ace".

Failing that, "Mr big" ??

Cool thread.

Edited by Jonny Deformed
  • Like 2

And its origin ? :blink:/>

I used to wear the terry towling hats everywhere, and had a reasonably funky collection :-)

• Like 1

Do u think terry towling hats will be back "in" ?

They were

My dads hat of choice :)/>

Edited by incognito

Blokeman after the character of the same name from a sketch comedy show on Aussie free to air tele from about 7 years ago

Do u think terry towling hats will be back "in"/>/>

Maybe, but I've graduated from them. It's camo wide brim Gilligan nowadays... Maybe more like guerrilligan?

• Like 1

This thread reminds me of a guy from my highschool. He thought he was such a thug (he idolised Eminem) and his name was Fatmir. One day someone from school gave him the nickname papsmir which was pretty funny but it got better. His nickname eventually evolved into "cunt scrape". I'd normally feel bad for someone in this situation but he was a cunt who would pick on others, especially the quiet nerds, so he totally deserved it. I'm yet to come across anyone who has a worse nickname.

• Like 4

We had a similar bully by the name of kent facey- nickname cuntface :) bastard of a human being, hope he's evolved. Again used to pick on the quite nerds but we used to give him a good rumble in the p.e room when we caught him trying to intimidate some defenseless kid. Bullys who picked on people smaller than them or who picked on kids without a bad bone in their body where roughed up by the other lads in the year. The good old days when kids had ethics ;)

God I'm sounding old.

• Like 2

I used to wear the terry towling hats everywhere, and had a reasonably funky collection :-)

ha ! cool

This thread reminds me of a guy from my highschool. He thought he was such a thug (he idolised Eminem) and his name was Fatmir. One day someone from school gave him the nickname papsmir which was pretty funny but it got better. His nickname eventually evolved into "cunt scrape". I'd normally feel bad for someone in this situation but he was a cunt who would pick on others, especially the quiet nerds, so he totally deserved it. I'm yet to come across anyone who has a worse nickname.

What a classic, it sounds like it suited him.

I worked with a bloke who's name was Brent Clark,. One day I went for a shit and noticed the toilet bowl was a Clark and the cistern was a Brent (or the other way around, it was ages ago).

Every time he opened his mouth shit would flow out in copious amounts, so a toilet nickname seemed appropriate. We started calling him S-Bend and and it stuck. Even the bosses and upper management called him that and he answered to it.

-----------------------------------------------

My nickname was Conan.

I was a chronic pot smoker back in those days.

My brother called me that one time when he came over and I was hitting the billys. The next time he came over I was doing it again and he said conan again. After a few times it stuck.

Some people actually thought my name was Conan because that's all they'd ever heard me referred to as.