The Corroboree
poisonshroom

Downsizing sale? Expression of interest/advice

Hey guys - Im considering moving in the next few months, and I figure it will be easier if I dont have to worry about lugging big plants around (stumps are easier/lighter). I also could use the extra dollars - my work is quite unreliable, and I need to get my car working and so on.

Some of the plants and cuttings I would be looking at getting rid of would include: Various cacti cuttings (mainly trichocereus -including hybrids and maybe seedlings -, but others too)

Psychotria (various) - Would people be interested in unrooted cuttings or would it be better to try and get a bunch started? (postage would probably be cheaper for unrooted)

Succulents (delosperma and sceletium mainly) - probably also unrooted cuttings, but they are quite easy to strike, so I could do some of each)

Brugmansia - a few different species/varieties and hybrids

Possibly some Iboga cuttings - I think id try and get them rooted first, because they can be a pain to strike, and I wouldnt want people to feel they have been ripped off, when they cant get them to strike)

Various fig cuttings

Possibly some kava cuttings (again, might be best if i get them started first, rather than send unrooted cuttings)

Probably some other things too, but its too hot to go outside at the moment lol

Anyway, basically I want to know what the demand for such items are before I go cutting everything down - like I assume most people here would agree, mutilated cacti dont look as nice even after a few years when they grow back more vigorously as they do if they are left to do their own thing. Its also a lot of effort and may mean I'll have even more stuff ill need to take with me.

Im also considering starting a bunch of seeds so there will be even more to chose from later on.

Also anyone in the Townsville area might be interested in some of my bigger plants (like my Voacanga africana, which is as tall as me), which I couldnt really send, and definitely cant take with me.

Im also after some suggestions as to how I can move my plants with me (they are pretty much all in pots) safely and ideas for other people or groups who may be interested or interesting ways to make things more appealing (for example auctions, or bundling things together)

Anyway - Ill be checking back here over the next few days and probably adding more possibilities and if I get enough interest ill start preparing things, then probably place an ad in the classifieds section as well as this subforum. Also what's people's opinions on how legislation changes will affect this kind of thing? I dont want it to come back and bite me in the ass big time (like a lot of the things i do tend to -_-) or anything. Would receipts or something be a good idea? That way I can at least keep track of where everything went, but its also a record that may become incriminating at some stage, which by the sounds of it is up to the feds and the government if and/or when that happens.

Looking forward to the responses

• Like 1

hey mate shoot me a pm with what you have on offer other then what you have mentioned, im in bowen and will come up and have a look if you have something that sparks my interest.

what colour flowers r ya brugz??

I'd be keen for an iboga cutting (rooted pref!) how do they fare in temperate (Victorian) climates though?

Make a bush garden somewhere where you can go back and take cuttings. Of course, make it on waste land not national park or anything like that. I'd be interested in Kava plants, rooted, rooted Psychotria too. I'd be happy to donate / sell back if and when you get settled.

oh and FWIW, i think you will have no trouble selling the Trichos - if not all here, at least on e(vil)-bay. The kids always want trichos. Until you have too many (like me!)

I'd be interested in some Sceletium, Iboga and Trichos!

Holy crap guys! I come back from work and my inbox is full of requests and plenty in this thread too!! On sunday I'll make a full list of what I have on offer and post it here and the classifieds section and send a copy to anyone that pm'ed me. Ill probably work out prices on a case by case basis for most things, because by the looks of it most people are interested in multiple items, so it'll be easier to do it that way i think. And you're right trichpatch about ebay - its where my first one came from, and you see them there all the time.

As for the brugs I have White B. aurea, white ceulebra (not much though), peach/apricot B. candida (i think) and the hybrids are from seed I got from Incog I think, which from memory was a cross between a white and a pink - unsure of the species though, and I have two small individuals, which ill probably sell the whole plants - never had flowers on them though as they are too small.

Ill have a crack at some more iboga cuttings, the last ones I only got one out of 3 to take, but Iv refined my technique a bit and should have more luck. They wont do well in temperate (or even cool climates - they suffer in townsville winter), but if you have a hot house or your house is warm inside you can bring them in over winter (they like humidity though, so keeping them enclosed is a good idea).

I would make a bush garden, but the soil here is solid clay, that turns to mud when we get our month or two of continuous rain in summer. The rest of the year its so desolate the soil is hydrophobic and rock hard. Im probably going to try and keep a cutting or two of everything for myself, or just the stumps, so they should grow back, but if I lose anything in the process Ill probably hit you guys up to try and buy some cuttings back =]

Thanks again guys - I love this place XD

Ps I can send to WA and tassie and maybe overseas, but of course this is at the buyers risk (but Im pretty sure everything Iv sent to all of those places has made it in the past)

• Like 4

Holy crap guys! I come back from work and my inbox is full of requests and plenty in this thread too!! On sunday I'll make a full list of what I have on offer and post it here and the classifieds section and send a copy to anyone that pm'ed me. Ill probably work out prices on a case by case basis for most things, because by the looks of it most people are interested in multiple items, so it'll be easier to do it that way i think. And you're right trichpatch about ebay - its where my first one came from, and you see them there all the time.

As for the brugs I have White B. aurea, white ceulebra (not much though), peach/apricot B. candida (i think) and the hybrids are from seed I got from Incog I think, which from memory was a cross between a white and a pink - unsure of the species though, and I have two small individuals, which ill probably sell the whole plants - never had flowers on them though as they are too small.

Ill have a crack at some more iboga cuttings, the last ones I only got one out of 3 to take, but Iv refined my technique a bit and should have more luck. They wont do well in temperate (or even cool climates - they suffer in townsville winter), but if you have a hot house or your house is warm inside you can bring them in over winter (they like humidity though, so keeping them enclosed is a good idea).

I would make a bush garden, but the soil here is solid clay, that turns to mud when we get our month or two of continuous rain in summer. The rest of the year its so desolate the soil is hydrophobic and rock hard. Im probably going to try and keep a cutting or two of everything for myself, or just the stumps, so they should grow back, but if I lose anything in the process Ill probably hit you guys up to try and buy some cuttings back =]

Thanks again guys - I love this place XD

Ps I can send to WA and tassie and maybe overseas, but of course this is at the buyers risk (but Im pretty sure everything Iv sent to all of those places has made it in the past)

Like your style there mate, I've always believed it should be said " It is the buyers risk" nice one.

• Like 3

i'm keen on some kava cuttings.

i'll pm.

Planthelper has been after some Piper Methysticum for ages now. If you sell him some he will surely propogate it for eventual distribution across the forums and community.