The Corroboree

thanks halif, i really appreciate the feedback and your thoughts.

hearing this makes me feel that im getting closer to being able to achieve what i want with music

• Like 2

Do you want to create soundscapes?

Assuming that is the case (or close to the mark), what would you list as some examples by other artists who have achieved something like that?

Some albums/tracks which I have enjoyed and returned to over the years when I wanted to do some free-form visualisation:

(Andy Partridge and Harold Budd)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SeG0AlxRkI (Robert Rich and Lustmord)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQIilAOcRUA (Steve Roach)

i wouldn't say that i am specifically aiming to create soundscape music, although it is definately part of and an influence on what i am doing

"achieving what i want with music" referred moreso to your comments about lulling the listener into a trance-like state, tuning in but without being too shapeless...

it's that balance i'm trying to get right, i like quite minimal, atmospheric, hypnotic soundscapes with lots of subtlties, but want enough "songness" to keep the listener engaged and along for the journey...but then not so much action going on that it distracts from the subtle....ha

i often struggle with whether to add beats or not! i know it really helps to propel the track and give a nice groove, but it definately changes the ambience...

the insects probably give this one in particular a soundscape feel too. as i'm making most of this music late at night they create my usual 'backing track', and if im not making music im often tuning into their songs. it kind of adds to the latenight/star gazing vibe i think

thanks, "through the hill" is particularly beautiful but all 3 good tracks

i guess some artists that i find influencial for this kind of music are Klaus Shultze and co, Emeralds and associated side projects, Solar Fields, BoC, ...

<3

Edited by ajna

x

What a mastermind. Im sure he will be missed ....

Someone should re-create this thread. Even if it was re-built i dont think his avatar deserves the position its been given in this thread

Hey! Why do I get this 'your browser doesn't recognise the video format' business when I try to watch Bullit's vid?!

I've never seen that on YouTube before....

ummm whats wierd :wacko: dunno dude

i got a similar message when trying to view on phone but worked on cpu