The Corroboree
Bigred

Meet up: Brisbane

8 minutes ago, Infinity said:

Fairly disappointed. No one showed up.

Sorry Infinity, no one expressed any interest so I assumed it was a no go.

Normally people say yes they are coming .From now meets will require a rsvp .Sorry no one turned up but assumed no one was coming .

Is anyone keen on a meet this coming month or a road trip

No dramas. I should have posted I was coming along.

Yes, I'm interested in a meet and possibly a road trip next month.

I recently moved to Brisbane, most of my collection still in NSW so will have very little to offer. That is of course if i can join this secret society.

• Like 2

Welcome to Brisbane Dozer. I hope you're enjoying the UV rays today.

Do you know the secret hand shake? Yeah...me neither.

Mate, I'm more than happy to put my hand up and get a Brisbane meeting occurring in the coming weeks. I know there are a few people itching for it.

Anyone reading this - please add a post simply letting me know if you are interested.

I'll do my best to pull my finger out and make it so, unless anyone has any objections. I'm only new here and don't want to upset the apple cart.

To ensure it happens smoothly and appeals to everyone, I think it's best if we consult with each other to set a suitable location, date and time so as many people as possible can attend. If you have kids, bring them along. I'll even make sure there are some icy cold beers and waters waiting for everyone on arrival. While we are at it perhaps we could arrange a swap of some seeds, plants and books.

A bit about me. I'm currently learning/studying Ethnobotany and have a background in Chem and BioChem. I'm super interested in sacred plants, the plants spirits, ancient stories, traditional ceremonies, shamanism and spiritual evolution. Currently I'm working on my own project involving the creation of an ethnobotanical sanctuary complete with two geodesic biodome nurseries to mimic rainforest conditions. I'm fairly keen to meet with other like minded people who share similar interests and I think a Brisbane meet up would be a great way to achieve that.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Love & Light

Just post a time and place.  Too much consultation will ruin your chances.

• Like 1

If the date a works for me I'll probably come along.

I don't think I'm going to EGA so it'd be nice to catch up with some SAB'ers.

No worries mate. I'm happy to make a proposal for the Brisbane meet.

Time: 12:00pm New_Farm_Park.thumb.jpg.6ba2f58cf0dda2ca28deab4a7971bc90.jpg

Date: Sunday 22nd October 2017

Where: The Gazebo @ New Farm Park, Brisbane

New_Farm_Park.thumb.jpg.6ba2f58cf0dda2ca28deab4a7971bc90.jpg

• Like 1

Nice park that one, fifteen minute walk from brunswick st station

Ok so can I get an indication of who is interested in attending.

Please PM me.

I might be able to make this one. Will be good to see some of the crew.

I probably won't get there till 2 or 3pm though

Edited by sharxx101
  • Like 1

Hey guys, Ima a firm maybe on this one :-) keen but will post back if I can make it :-)

Should be able to make it it :)  What normally happens on these meets? 

We all seduce each other with our awkwardness.

Only joking mate. I got no idea. I've never been to one. Interest is steadily growing which is great.

I guess we all get to meet each other, share our stories and knowledge. Maybe have a few beers and hopefully make some new friends with similar/peculiar interests.

Fingers crossed the weather is good. I'll probably bring a few cool plants along and a variety of seeds to swap if anyone is interested.

Sounds cool!  I used to be a member here but I had my collection die on me a few years back while i was on holiday and lost enthusiasm.  But I'm back now  :)  My collection is pretty small, mainly nicotiana species.  So ill bring that along in case someone wants some seed.

see you soon

Usually we have some like minded conversation swap, trade or give away plants or seeds. Sometimes some of us will bring food

I can make this meet at 12pm now. I'm looking forward to it :)

• Like 1

We are long over due to catch up @sharxx101.

I know Im flakey as fuck but I really want push my self out of the hermit cave and come along to this one.

:)

• Like 1

I agree will be good to see you Andy :)

• Like 1

:)

Its shaping up to be a good day With some good company.

Hopefully the weather clears up a bit and is a nice one.

Has anyone put this up on the SAB facebook page?  Seems more active than here so might get a big crowd :)

2 hours ago, Smiling said:

SAB facebook page -  Seems more active than here 

Is this true?? 

To hell with those people!

"People"

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Alright boys and girls. Just confirming the Brisbane meet is definitely happening at 12pm Sunday 22nd October at New Farm Park.

Quite a few people have expressed interest which is fantastic. The weather forecast is Mostly Sunny with a 20% chance of rain.

How to find us - just look out for a blue esky with white lid and an infinity symbol drawn on the side.

As promised, I'll bring along some plants, seeds, cold beers, waters, some snags, onions, tomato sauce and bread.

Feel free to bring along whatever you want or nothing at all. There is only one rule - be sensible.

If the Gazebo is already being used (which is likely) I'll set up as close as possible to it on the lawn.

If its sprinkling/wet meet at the main entrance to the Brisbane Powerhouse which is about 100m away on the river.

If its absolutely pissing down its probably best if we cancel and reappoint to the weekend after. If that happens I'll post it here.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I really look forward to meeting everyone.

PS - I also have 1x ticket available to EGA (via a friend who can no longer attend) if anyone is interested

@Infinity, do you live near the park?  Is it possible for you to put up whether it's raining or not a bit before?